Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My SMS chat messages contains important information that I would like to print.

Any suggestions on how I can do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Busted Treo

Copy the text out of SMS into Memo Pad (on your Treo), Hot Sync, goto the memo on your desktop and print.
    How about this way:

1. Highlight the text you want to print.
    2. Select menu, edit, copy.
    3. Open a new Memo.
    4. Select menu, paste.
    5. Hot-sync.
    6. Open the memo on your PC (in either Outlook or the Palm Dekstop, whichever you use.)
    7. Print.

Edit: Guess Cory and I were having the same thought at the same time
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    How about this way:

1. Highlight the text you want to print.
    2. Select menu, edit, copy.
    3. Open a new Memo.
    4. Select menu, paste.
    5. Hot-sync.
    6. Open the memo on your PC (in either Outlook or the Palm Dekstop, whichever you use.)
    7. Print.

Edit: Guess Cory and I were having the same thought at the same time
    I like you're instructions better, they are "prettier".
  5.    #5  
    Thank you for your replies.

The SMS chat I am trying to print is a conversation between me and my lawyer over a period of weeks...so if you could imagine, its quite long.

And I would like to save all of it since I don't want to break the continuity of the conversation.

Since, the options you suggested above is the only choice I have, this is going to be tedious.

As a matter of fact, when I tried doing what you suggested, I was prompted "Clipboard limit exceeded".

So I had to break it into small chunks to allow cut & paste command.

I was really hoping there was a better way of doing this.

Just the same, many thanks guys!
    I have no idea if this will work and how the results will come out, but how about using your favorite file manager (filez or zlauncher's built in file manager), find the file containing the thread (if you have a GSM phone, you should be able to identify the file based on your lawyer's cell phone number), beam it to a PC with an IR port, and open it on the PC. Probably needs some formatting before it will look good on the printer.

Good luck!

Regards,
    Christopher
    Maybe something like this would work:

Palm Print
    Has anyone tried using a Print app? The last time I tried it was so frustrating I just gave up.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    This one seems to have the most features:

Print Boy
    Thanks, but unless someone tells me they use it and u don't have to be a Rocket scientist, I'll pass. Don't need another headache today.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    be a Rocket scientist
    Even if you're launching a rocket, you don't really need to be a rocket scientist -- just press the button. The rocket will either do nothing, launch and blow up, or work perfectly. Simple!

I'm actually posting to recommend IS/Complete's BTPrintPro. I have a SiPix A6 (a cool little portable thermal printer that can be purchased for very little money) and I've had a way better time using BTPrintPro with that thing. The printer. I've had a better time using BTPrintPro with the SiPix A6 printer. ...My writing sucks. Sorry. Clearly I'm no rocket scientist, but I got BTPrintPro working with very little difficulty, is what I'm trying to say.
    How do you connect the Treo to the printer?
    Quote Originally Posted by snerdy
    Even if you're launching a rocket, you don't really need to be a rocket scientist -- just press the button. The rocket will either do nothing, launch and blow up, or work perfectly. Simple!

I'm actually posting to recommend IS/Complete's BTPrintPro. I have a SiPix A6 (a cool little portable thermal printer that can be purchased for very little money) and I've had a way better time using BTPrintPro with that thing. The printer. I've had a better time using BTPrintPro with the SiPix A6 printer. ...My writing sucks. Sorry. Clearly I'm no rocket scientist, but I got BTPrintPro working with very little difficulty, is what I'm trying to say.
    LOL, I have a friend who actually is a Rocket scientist and a young Ph.D so you have to have certain qualifications to even sit in the seat to press the button. And that is not so simple.

I may check out the link though.

Tried them all, BTPrint Pro, the others pale in comparison. Supports Bluetooth for that next phone upgrade.
    Infrared.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    you have to have certain qualifications to even sit in the seat
    What if you're very tired? Can you sit on the floor?

Honestly, I don't think being a rocket scientist (or being as smart as one) would help to get printing software to work on your Treo. It seems more like a one button kind of situation (with a simple, comfortable chair to sit in) -- you press the button and it either works or it doesn't. There really aren't all that many ways you can manipulate the software. Does that makes sense?

People seem to have wildly varying experiences with printing software, but BTPrintPro worked very well for me.

Edit: and, apparently, it worked very well for dlbrummels.
    with maxTEXT TE ( = Treo Edition ) V 1.79 - T600 k

http://www.maxtext.net/maxscreens.htm

you would have arranged your SMS-Messages to the Memo-View inside of maxTEXT

you would have them as well easily categorized in your Memopad-Application and

you would have those messages autosynched to and from the desktop
    for further processing or -> printing.

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...?&prodID=53046

Regards Markus
    Quote Originally Posted by Busted Treo

Did anyone ever solve this one? By now I have many very long chat threads. Some also of a legal nature that I would like stored in a document or printed out. Nothing seems to work. BTprintpro just says connected to printer and does nothing. Printer is an HP Photosmart 1000 with PCL4

Surely someone must have come up with a way to transfer the large SMS database to a better format or allow it to be imported into another SMS application????
    Do any of these apps allow you to print to your printer through your hotsync cable?
    I am using Mac OS 10.3 and MS Office X, so I don't know what you do on a PC, but for me, the best way that I have found to access SMS messages on my computer is this:
    Go to your palm/users/username/backups folder then select the SMS file you want to view (SMS#######.PRC). Drop it into MS word and select "recover text from any file" conversion.
    There is no name/time/date stamp so you have to sort through the messages, but it's better than nothing.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    what about copying it to a docs to go word file then sync
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast