1.    #1  
    what is Microsoft ActiveSync?

im trying to install pocket quickin and im getting this error:

Microsoft ActiveSync not found on this computer.you may download the latest
    version from microsoft at www.micorsoft.com. setup cannot continue and will not exit
    please run the installation again after you have ActiveSynch inshalled
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmportal
    what is Microsoft ActiveSync?

im trying to install pocket quickin and im getting this error:

Microsoft ActiveSync not found on this computer.you may download the latest
    version from microsoft at www.micorsoft.com. setup cannot continue and will not exit
    please run the installation again after you have ActiveSynch inshalled
    You must have the pocket pc version. Active Sync is the PPC equivalent of hotsync.
    Active Sync is the Microsoft Equivalent of Hot Sync - with some tweaks but it's not designed to work on a Palm OS device. Sounds as if you might have the wrong versions of Pocket Quicken.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    Active Sync is the Microsoft Equivalent of Hot Sync - with some tweaks but it's not designed to work on a Palm OS device. Sounds as if you might have the wrong versions of Pocket Quicken.
    which version of pocket quicken is correct for t600?

you are correct, im trying to install pocket quicken but not sure what im doing.

any help greatly appreciated

thanks.
    The One for a device with the Palm Operating System. Not the one with Microsoft Pocket PC.

http://www.landware.com/pocketquicken/palmos/index.asp
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    The One for a device with the Palm Operating System. Not the one with Microsoft Pocket PC.

http://www.landware.com/pocketquicken/palmos/index.asp

i have a question:

will i be able to get my treo 300 expense data into treo 600 ?
    If your using the Pocket Quicken - yes but if your using the default Palm OS Expense program no - not without some other 3rd party software. The 600 Sprint version does not come with Expense.

If your using the Pocket Quicken on the 300 then choose the same user name for the 600 and it should come in during the first hot sync after you get the correct version. I don't use Pocket Quicken so I'm assuming some things but most programs will import over to the 600 from the 300 without much issue. You may have to refer to the manual (RTM) or ask someone with more Quicken experience.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.