1.    #1  
    Hello, all. I have a Treo 300, and whenever I press option+magnifying glass and enter a term to find (name, memo, whatever) it ends up crashing the Treo.

This only started recently, and I've had it for a while. The phone starts performing the search, and then the pop-up appears, saying:

Fatal Alert
    TextMgr.c, Line:751, NULL
    source

And I have to press Reset.

Any Ideas? I'm really used to the search feature, and now it seems I can't use it anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jrv
    "Tahiti is not in Europe!"
    This happens to me from time to time. It seems to be related to hard resets and third-party software. I have Buttons-T, Handyshopper and DateBk5.

I've noticed that it goes away after awhile. Mine seems to crash if I don't reinstall DateBk5's Help database; no idea why.

You might try a soft or hard reset. Then notice which apps it's searching when it crashes. Mine usually dies on either Handyshopper or ToDo's or DateBk5 ToDo's. I find that if I start the seach function when I'm in different apps, it manages to get through more and more stuff before crashing. At some point, it seems that it "teaches" itself not to crash by successfully getting through all the apps.

At the very least, if you know that what you're looking for is in Memo, you may be able to get it to search the entire Memo database before it moves on to another app and crashes.

Hope that helps -- don't know if it applies to your situation or not.