1.    #1  
    I am in the market for a new cell phone and PDA. I was on the Sprint Store site and ran across the Treo 600. Immediately I was in intrigued with the features of the Treo 600. At that point I did like any other educated consumer and started to read reviews and message boards about the Treo 600.

During my research, I found several discussions about the Treo 610, 650 or ACE (whatever it may be called). There is nothing I hate worse then buying a piece of electronics and a month later the manufacturer comes out with something better. Please give me your honest opinion: should I wait for this fairytale Treo or should I purchase the Treo 600?
    it depends upon how badly you need the new device. if you can wait for say..couple of months..i would suggest you to wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by soakes
    There is nothing I hate worse then buying a piece of electronics and a month later the manufacturer comes out with something better.
    If that's really the case you should wait.

If you'd be okay buying the 600 now and then if and when a new device is released selling the 600 on Ebay or to a friend and then upgrading, then don't wait.
    i would wait
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    You have to decide how long you can wait. Personally, I think Ace will be out before 1/1/05. Can you hold out than long? Otherwise, go with the 600 and plan to sell it (at a loss, though probably not severe) when Ace is available.
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    and you know what? within a few months of the ACE, another new device will come out from somewhere. the cycle never ends. just get it now to satisfy your materilaistic urges
    I would wait if I were you. E-bay will probably be more competitive with folks selling their Treo's when the Ace hits the market.

Dalai, your flashing Treo avatar is cool!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    If I had to do it over again I would but the HP Ipaq 6315.

V
    There are several unconfirmed reports that the next generation of Treo will be out in October...one web site has specifically stated October 18th (http://www.treoace.com/).

If all of the speculation is correct that the next Gen of Treo will have a 320 X 320 resolution screen then I'd strongly suggest you wait. If you've ever had a hi-res screen PDA then it's definitely a disappointment with a low res screen. If not - then it's not an issue.

If you've ever used a Palm device with OS5 and G2 then take some time and get used to the keyboard on the Treo - it will be worth it. I initially thought that I'd hate the keyboard because of my hand size and preference of Graffiti but the keyboard has grown on me and now with more and more programs using the Dpad effectively - efficiency is way up.

If history repeats itself then the next Gen of Treo will be available first through Sprint if that's your network of choice. It may also have version 5.4 of the Palm OS which is supposed to have several tweaks which would also be worth the wait.

If you can't wait 60 days - then get the Treo and be prepared to sell it on ebay or some other means. I say 60 days because traditionally Palm has released new products in October and I doubt that they will wait much past that timeframe unless production problems or FCC problems arise.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    I just bought my Treo a couple days ago and am lovin it. Takes a little getting used to, but now that I got some of the basic ins and outs of it, its a great little hand held. May be worth it to wait, if nothing else when the new one comes out you'll be able to get these for cheaper, or get the newer one. With everything this guy does, I have no disappointments.
    Anyone who waits on HS/P1 deserves what he gets. Yours is a problem that money will fix. You can have a 600 now, one of the best designs on the market and something else later. I paid $750- for my GSM 600. I have spent twice that much for service, and that much again on software. Those who suggest that you are talking about sixty days may be right but I think it may be five times that; history is with me. The amount that you might save by waiting can hardly compensate you for doing without. There is lots of money out there but they are not making any more time.
    definitely wait for the treo ace. no question
    I guess I am the only contrarian here. I would say get it now, if the feature set works for you.

Protect yourself by charging is on an Amex or MC t¤
    I would wait for the New Treo Ace (or whatever it is called). The current Treo is great, but I've had it since October of 2003. If I were in the market for a new PDA/Smartphone, there is no way (This is taking into account situation) I would spend the money for the current Treo when the (Sprint) updated version is likely to be out in a few months.
    Buy it NOW and enjoy it but get eGrips, screen protector, and get a case for it. Don't keep it in your pocket. You need to keep it looking new for the next owner from eBay in two months or so. You shouldnt have any problem selling it.

In the meantime, get used to this incredible device knowing that the next one will even be better. And when the new one is announced, join the hysteria here at Treo Central cuz you will be one of us who would be pasted in these threads like little kids awaiting for their next toy from Santa Claus.

You should know by now that this is like buying a computer. You cannot just wait on the side and wonder if a new model is about to be released. Go for it! It's only a credit card away
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    There are several unconfirmed reports that the next generation of Treo will be out in October...one web site has specifically stated October 18th (http://www.treoace.com/).
    Where did TreoAce get that rubbish about only recording 5 seconds of video ? I managed 30 seconds plus yesterday!

Makes me wonder how trustworthy the rest of their propaganda is......
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    I would wait for the New Treo Ace (or whatever it is called). The current Treo is great, but I've had it since October of 2003. If I were in the market for a new PDA/Smartphone, there is no way (This is taking into account situation) I would spend the money for the current Treo when the (Sprint) updated version is likely to be out in a few months.

That's my feeling as well. If it was a few months ago, I'ld say go get it, but since the Ace is supposedly coming out with in the next 3 months or so, I'd personally probably wait... unless of course you need your Treo fix right away!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I had the same dilemma a few weeks ago. I had lost my Clie and I can't really function very well without my palm. So I went ahead and got the Treo600. I have not regretted it at all. I really love having everything in one device. And I still may get the Ace after it has been out for a couple of months. So I would say go ahead and get the T600 especially if you rely on your PDA alot.