Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    MY Tre0 600 has been attempting to power on (reset) time after time for 25b minutes now. I hit some buttons and it asked me if i wante dto erase all data or not. I opted for option 2 but my baby keeps blinking and not rebooting.

Me thinks, she's done?!

What do i do? I got Cardbackup a week ago (whew, maybe?) and have been backing up and syncing regularly - maybe even 2 hrs ago.

What do i do --- help????
  2.    #2  
    MY Tre0 600 has been attempting to power on (reset) time after time for 25b minutes now. I hit some buttons and it asked me if i wante dto erase all data or not. I opted for option 2 but my baby keeps blinking and not rebooting.

Me thinks, she's done?!

What do i do? I got Cardbackup a week ago (whew, maybe?) and have been backing up and syncing regularly - maybe even 2 hrs ago.

3.    #3  

Me thinks, she's done?!

4.    #4  

Me thinks, she's done?!

just hard reset. (press wirless button and reset switch till palmone logo appears) then erase all on treo. then hotsync, you'll have everything back.
    If you were able to backup everything with Cardbackup (i prefer backupbuddy), I suggest hard reseting and restoring everything from your SDcard. Should work...

By the way... What was the last thing you installed, deleted, changed, etc. The only time I had a problem like this one is when I did the Sprint update. May be that there was a recent change you made that is causing the problem. Only thing is, you may have backed up the problem to your card. Only one way to find out.
    erase it...restore your backup

P800->Treo 600->P900->XDA II->P900->MPx->Treo 600->iPaq 6315->MDA III->i-Mate PDA2k->o2 XDA IIs & o2 XDA II Mini
    why dont you try posting this a few more times.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  9.    #9  
    I did a hard reset and hot synced. It worked. Everything seems to be restored.

The last thing i did b4 it crashed was App Guard. Does this come with the Treo - i didnt download it so it must have. Anyway, i opened the program by accident, then it wouldnt let e exit no matter what. So i protected one program and then exited but it reset and started blinking...

Tell me, why do you prefer backupman - bc it backs up to the desktop? WHat other benefits do you see?

Also, was i supposed to do something with cardbackup or bc it interacts wiht hotsync did it dod what it was supposed to already???

Thanks so much all
  10.    #10  

The last thing i did b4 it crashed was App Guard. Does this come with the Treo - i didnt download it so it must have. Anyway, i opened the program by accident, then it wouldnt let e exit no matter what. So i protected one program and then exited but it reset and started blinking...

Was i supposed to do something with cardbackup or bc it interacts wiht hotsync did it dod what it was supposed to already???

Thanks so much!
    glad it worked. hotsyncing often helps.
  12.    #12  
    Your help was greatly appreciated during a time of panic and need. Hope you recieve much the same in return.
    I think you have a malfunctioning program, which causes the endless reset cycle.
    Before doing hard reset, you may attempt a "warm" reset. To do this you have to hold the up button and use the reset pin (paper clip) to reset your Treo. Release the up button only AFTER the reset is complete.

The warm reset will disable all third-party programs, that would otherwise automatically start up after reset. I suspect that one of them is malfunctioning (perhaps one of the last few that you have installed).

If this is successfull, then you have to figure out which of the programs was causing it, which is more or less a trial-and-error process - disable or delete a program, reset Treo in the normal way to see if the problem has disappeared, do warm reset if it has not and delete another program.

If the warm reset is not successfull, then you may simply have a corrupted system file and then the only solution is hard reset. note that if you restore all your programs from your backup, the problem may reappear and you may need to perform selective restore, which is painful process ...

I hope this will help you to recover.
    Did you use Profeo today ?
    app guard is not part of the standard Treo software. you must have downloaded it sometime (perhaps from PalmGear's summer promotion). It may well cause such problems if you encode the wrong file and I have heard of other people complaining about app guard on Treo.
  15.    #15  
    Thanks, i do really appreciate it. Will go through the steps...
    well, it might be too late now - this procedure was intended to help you while you were having the continuous reset cycle, not after hard reset, which you have done already.

in the future, please don't post in every possible forum, because the information you will receive might be contradictory or not relevant anymore (as is the case with my post above when you have already performed a hard reset).
    Hotsync does do wonders. I'am glad you're up and running!

P800->Treo 600->P900->XDA II->P900->MPx->Treo 600->iPaq 6315->MDA III->i-Mate PDA2k->o2 XDA IIs & o2 XDA II Mini
    ebenavi, I wasnt trying to be hard on you. It's just a tad annoying to see the same post 5 times especially when its in a forum that doesnt even apply (treo 90). I might also point out that now you have to look at all of them to get answers when if there were only one...well you get the idea.

I also didnt offer a solution because someone had already done so. what woiuld have been the point. Glad youre working again.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by ebenavi

Tell me, why do you prefer backupman - bc it backs up to the desktop? WHat other benefits do you see?

Also, was i supposed to do something with cardbackup or bc it interacts wiht hotsync did it dod what it was supposed to already???

Thanks so much all

Well, I prefer backupbuddy because not only does it backup to the desktop, but also to the SDcard, plus it has never failed me before. Take it from someone who installs and uninstalls A LOT. There are so many incompatable apps out there that cause the Treo to do all sorts of crazy things. The single best thing you can do is backup regularly. What backup app you choose is up to you, as long as it works... Glad you're back up and running.
    Never heard of App Guard. At least now I know to stay away from it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast