1.    #1  
    After being a hugly dedicated member of this board for most of 2003 - I have been gone since february. That first week, my dad died on Monday, my mom turned 80 tuesday, I ID'd his body Wednesday, Thursday - My father-in-law (86 yr old retired Pentecostal minister who LIVES WITH US) fell and broke his hip, Friday going to airport picking up arrivals for the funeral, Saturday F-in-l's surgery, Sunday writing eulogy, Monday buried my Dad. (Sorry - had to vent)

It has not gotten much better.

But one major thing that gave me pleasure through all this was the ability to call up golf central and other sites and escape from whatever unpleasant events I was obliged to attend (probate, rehab,,,etc.)

UNTIL, THE decent into WIRELESS MODE OFF began. About a month ago, suddenly, it acted as if it could not stand any little movement (or so I thought) It would make that sad little Too Doole Do and the phone would go into Wireless Mode Off. At first I could coerce it back on with a push of the top button, but increasingly (and now constantly) after network search (Cingular) it immediately (10 seconds) goes down to the Cingular logo and then to Wireless Mode Off. WON't STAY ON NETWORK AT ALL. It has nothing to do with movement. It is as if it suffers from an increasingly fatal form of flesh-eating bugs.

Now, I will tell you that I'm 1.06 CNG Rev B (I know - but I DO have a few excuses)

AND, now that I have somewhat returned to the world of normal (whatever that is) I have spent the last several hours trying to decipher the threads about this problem (I think they we like mine) and about the updates from PalmOne. I read many, many pages on CDMA - but nothing recent about GSM update installations.

Can you guys PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me exactly what I should do???

I have Backupbuddy on my desktop and have not moved anything to my SD card yet.

Don't have any unusual programs (Launcher X, Agendus, Bobs Alarm, bejewled).

I hope this is going to be cured by the updates... I also think I'll have to update Pocket Mirror and maybe Hot Sync. I have gone the replacement route before and I DO NOT WANT TO DO IT AGAIN. Hoping against hope that SW and ROM can solve this.

What do I do, and in what order?

Do I have to go in and delete any files (read about this in a CDMA thread - am confused - need for GSM?)

Need to install a temporary user name?

I'm not the eager, bushy-tailed new-adopter I used to be. I just want to make this go away as painlessly as possible.

Really appreciate your help. (And glad to be back - although it is really sad to see so few members online - when it used to be HUNDREDS every night )
    Last edited by Architect; 08/22/2004 at 04:56 PM. Reason: misspell
    Hitting 'Em Hard, Long and Straight
  2.    #2  
    Bump.

Come on guys, I really need help.
    I hope you get the help you need. It's such a beautiful day here in Washington DC, so that's maybe why. Anyway, I can be touched. The only reason I'm on this forum on such a beautiful day is that m Mom died in May, and I'm about to lose on my pc (corrupted hard drive), the only two videos of her, all the latest digital pictures of her (including some priceless ones at a dinner she gave just before her unexpected death) ... sorry I had to vent but anyway I can surely be touched with your frustrations!
    John 3:16
  4.    #4  
    I am sorry. My Dad had been ill, and was 84, and that is alot different than an unexpected death.

And, it seems that problems we could have before faced as great (even fun) challenges now seem insurmountable.

I hope we both find kind souls to help us...

Even though my Dad's favorite expression was "NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED" lol
    Quote Originally Posted by wheresmy600
    I hope you get the help you need. It's such a beautiful day here in Washington DC, so that's maybe why. Anyway, I can be touched. The only reason I'm on this forum on such a beautiful day is that m Mom died in May, and I'm about to lose on my pc (corrupted hard drive), the only two videos of her, all the latest digital pictures of her (including some priceless ones at a dinner she gave just before her unexpected death) ... sorry I had to vent but anyway I can surely be touched with your frustrations!
    Sorry for your loss.
    A piece of advice though.

Turn off the computer and take that hard drive to someone you know can get the data off of it. The longer you have that hard drive in your computer while it's running, the more you risk losing that data.
  6.    #6  
    Bump.

I can't believe that NOT ONE OF YOU has bothered to help.

At least tell me if I can upgrade from FW 2.02 to 3.05 without going through the intermediate updates.

And, HOW do you go into your backup files and delete the files that are being identified as the one causing the resets?
    Last edited by Architect; 08/30/2004 at 01:47 PM. Reason: wrong name