Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Mods, please make this a sticky if it works out

I propose a thread solely for posting ZLauncher backgrounds. It might end up being a huge collection of amazing screens for everyone to use. Having one central location is convenient me thinks

So here is my first one - for users of Lexar SD cards (128 MB variety)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rossoneri; 08/21/2004 at 11:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    Mods, please make this a sticky if it works out

I propose a thread solely for posting ZLauncher backgrounds. It might end up being a huge collection of amazing screens for everyone to use. Having one central location is convenient me thinks

I'm all for that. Maybe someone can create some decent themes also. It's the best launcher out there but the themes suk, at least the ones i've seen.
    I thought there was supposed to be an XP theme for Zlauncher that was uber
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmas
    This is the one that I use...
    Windows XP Low Res for zlauncher. You can see some of my screenshots here...http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=xp+zlauncher
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmas
    mrmas, I like your avatar as a background for zlauncher.

have you got the 160x160 size
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

I have alot of jpg's that I have cropped to 160x160 and use them as backgrounds. My avatar is one of them. I'd be happy to post some of them, but most of them I found on the net. I then edited and cropped them. I don't know if would be ok or not. They probably are copyrighted since I didn't take them myself.

Below is one of my favorite. My friend Allison went to see Pat Matheny and took this picture. I also have a 1024x768 version that shows the guitar strings in great detail that I use for my desktop background sometimes. It really looks nice. Hope you like it.

What the heck... I added another one of my favorites....
    I also have a 320x450 version of that spiderman one that looks awesome on my Tungsten T3.
    Last edited by BLUES; 08/25/2004 at 08:01 PM.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient_One
    mrmas, I like your avatar as a background for zlauncher.

have you got the 160x160 size
    No I don't, but give me the weekend and I can rustle one up and email it to you.
    OK so I installed zlauncher after trying out SilverScreen for 2 days. Like most men I am visually orientated and so far zlauncher has failed to impress! The basic theme is terrible and I find the interface too busy . I can imagine it probably looks much better in HiRes but until the 610 comes along that's a useless debate. I want to like zlauncher because from what I can tell it has way more options over SilverScreen, but SilverScreen just seems to be soooo neat. And the themes are far easier to install. Can anyone point me to a descent theme that I can demo, with Icons and all?
    I used to use SilverScreen and I liked it alot. I actually purchased a few themes and everything was hunky dory, until I installed ZLauncher. I agree it takes a good while to get ZLauncher to look the way you want it to, but eventually you will like it much more than SilverScreen. It's way much more configurable.

On another note, one of my favorite free SilverScreen themes was highv. Here it is below.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by BLUES; 08/26/2004 at 08:28 AM.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    Ok so a couple of hours of playing about with zlauncher I have decided to stick to SilverScreen. I just find the interface far more user friendly. It might not be a configurable as zlauncher, but in this day and age with everything offering so many options life has become so complex hey I bought the Treo to try and help simplify my life. Something that is simple to use is so refreshing. Maybe when I have had my Treo a bit longer I might switch over .
    Here's a few screenshots of my zLauncher screens! If anyone's interested backrounds, let me know!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  12.    #12  
    nice but we need BACKGROUNDs more backgrounds less themes. REPEAT everyone!
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
  13.    #13  
    Here's another one I made. Hope you like it.
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    im a big fan of the osx GUI, so i skinned my zlauncher to look like it.
    http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...oductId=129586

not the one i use, cause i have the 270, but it pretty much looks the same.
    Someone posted the attached a while ago and I use them for my backgrounds with the ZLTreo theme.

Kudos to whoever originally posted them, I can't remember
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  16.    #16  
    Here are some more backgrounds I made from royalty free images from an image library. enjoy.
  17.    #17  
    somre more. if you like em, let me know. if there's something specific you want, lemme know.
    Hi,
    How do you make a jpg show up under Backimage when you got to the Theme Menu. I tried dropping it in the SD Card Zlauncher folder under Backimage but it did not work.
    Does it have to be .pdb instead of .jpg???
    Thanks!
    I have detailed files.
  19.    #19  
    no. you use it as a jpg. just transfer it to the SD card using INSTALL TOOLS. Don't use the regular image transfer method where you put images into the TRANSFER folder.

You'll find all the images on the SD card. Then move them to the ZLAUNCHER/BACKROUND folder in the SD card. Then you'll find them in Zlauncher THEME menu. i noticed that once you select it as a background, it makes a copy locally on the treo and so u can delete the original from the SD card.

i hope you like the ones i made
    Last edited by rossoneri; 08/28/2004 at 11:26 PM.
    Hi Ancient_One,

Here's the background I said I would post, Unfortunately I could find that image so I made a similar one . Hope you like it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast