Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Please forgive the stupid question, but i have a treo 600 with verizon with 400 minutes of local talk time and an unlimited data plan. Does leaving verichat running in the background use airtime or just data which is unlimited? Also does surfing the net with blazer or listening to streaming radio with ptunes use airtime or just data as well or both? Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Use data kilobytes with IM clients. I am in the process of setting up some Verizon Treo 600s, and they don't even have dialup data anymore. Interesting side note... I did a speed connectivity test, and the Verizon Treo is almost twice as fast as a GPRS/GSM Treo on T-Mobile's network! Of course that speed comes with a price, no switching handsets at will, or getting unlimited data for 19.95/month!
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum
    Use data kilobytes with IM clients. I am in the process of setting up some Verizon Treo 600s, and they don't even have dialup data anymore. Interesting side note... I did a speed connectivity test, and the Verizon Treo is almost twice as fast as a GPRS/GSM Treo on T-Mobile's network! Of course that speed comes with a price, no switching handsets at will, or getting unlimited data for 19.95/month!

Unless of course you get a Sprint Treo600 that is!

If your plan has unlimited data, then you shouldn't have any problems...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I love this app, finally an IMAP client with proper syncronization and push.

I am wondering: when Chatter is in online+sync mode with my inbox, how much data traffic is required to do this, and does it affect battery life?

I am not thinking of transfering af message, but keeping a connection to the IMAP server. Does it poll every so often, or?

Thanks again,
    Fred
    Denmark

Treo 600, GSM/GPRS
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum
    .. I did a speed connectivity test, and the Verizon Treo is almost twice as fast as a GPRS/GSM Treo on T-Mobile's network! Of course that speed comes with a price, no switching handsets at will, or getting unlimited data for 19.95/month!
    If Verizon does not offer a data plan that is competitive with Sprint's Vision, why would a CDMA customer prefer Verizon?
    Quote Originally Posted by fwillerup
    I love this app, finally an IMAP client with proper syncronization and push.

I am wondering: when Chatter is in online+sync mode with my inbox, how much data traffic is required to do this, and does it affect battery life?

I am not thinking of transfering af message, but keeping a connection to the IMAP server. Does it poll every so often, or?

Thanks again,
    Fred
    Denmark

Treo 600, GSM/GPRS
    I believe, and I'm sure Marc will correct me if I'm wrong, that Chatter will re-establish a connection about once every 10 minutes to keep the IDLEd IMAP connection refreshed. If there are any changes in your IMAP folders on the server (or client) side, they will cause more network traffic as those changes are transmitted to the treo (or server).