1.    #1  
    Anyone using Goldmine?

I've used Act for a number of years but now we are going to migrate to Goldmine and I've been selected to "beta" the PDA side of the program.

Any tips on using with Goldmine would be greatly appreciated.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Lucky Moose--ACT! bites

john
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    What tips are you looking for. I have used Goldmine for about 9 months and the Treo 600 for about 4 months. It has been a great combination!
  4.    #4  
    Thanks noahas, what I'm looking for in the way of tips:

Any issues with migration from Outlook based contacts. Currently I use subfolders to store all contacts combined with Pocket Mirror Pro and I'm wondering if this will continue.

Unfortunately, I'm on Sprint and their ads state that the mobile version won't work on anything other then GSM so I'm figuring that I can't use it on my Treo.

Any other tips you have regarding migration issues that you dealt with that will make it easier for me would be appreciated.

I'll have my copy on Tuesday so I was just looking for help to avoid any major issues.
    Moose Man
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Sorry, I guess I am not following you. Maybe it is too early in the AM. If you are talking about migrating from ACT to GM, the ability is built into GM to do that. I have never used Outlook, so I am unable to help with that part. Another great resource is contactreview.com and look under Goldmine (or ACT). I have found that searching the archives there to provide a wealth of ideas.

As far as getting the data into the Treo, GM makes it quite easy with what they call a synch wizard. Go to file, synchronize, synch with palm/visor and then select whatever options you want. It has worked flawlessly for me.

How this helps, let me know if you have any other questions and I will be happy to help if I can.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the link. I'll review it.

It sounds straight forward based upon the synch wizard you describe to I'll review the link and then play with it. If I have questions later on I'll post back.

Thanks again for the info.
    Moose Man