1.    #1  
    i read couple of posts regarding the sd card like 1gb but what is the use and how do you guys think you will utalize the space?

i'm thinking of buying but i just wanna know what is the use of it.

thanks.
    Personally I keep several applications on my SD card which I then use Launcher X to run them from the card.

I also keep mp3 files and documents on my card as well.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Personally I keep several applications on my SD card which I then use Launcher X to run them from the card.

I also keep mp3 files and documents on my card as well.
    how do you upload mp3 to treo 600? and what type of document, document like ms-doc or any files ?, im new to it, thats why im asking you questions.

what is launcher x?

thanks for your reply.
    Mp3 files can be loaded to the SD card either by simply hot-syncing them (although this way is not recommended as it takes forever.) Or by using a SD card reader/writer. This is the best way as it's super fast. You can pick up a SD card reader/writer for under $20.

Any files. I have all my converted files for Documents To Go on my card.

Launcher X is a launcher replacement application. www.launcherx.com
    my sd card has everything on it (imean everything i use backupman)
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR

I forgot about that too Prankstar. I've got my back up on there too.
    The bigger the better with SD Cards. You can always use more room. I outgrew a 128 card in 2 weeks

john
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmportal
    i'm thinking of buying but i just wanna know what is the use of it.
    * music
    * videos
    * documents
    * back-ups
    * ROMs
    * programs
    * pictures
    * voice memos
    I recently purchased a Lexar 128 MB SD for my Treo 600, but I'm having trouble accessing either of the 2 small test files (112 KB) that I saved to the card. When I go to the applications launcher and click on the "Card Info" icon, it indicates that I have used 112.0KB, but when I go to the pulldown menu and click on the card name, all I get is a blank screen. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Bob
    rbrannon
    what are these files?

you should get filez, a file manager. it is free and will let you see everything on the card.

the regular palm launcher wil usually only show you programs, not data files.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I have been wondering the same thing....I have some files on the card, but I have no idea how to get to them. Where can I get "filez" from?
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    I have been wondering the same thing....I have some files on the card, but I have no idea how to get to them. Where can I get "filez" from?
    You can pick it up from Palmgear.com or FreewarePalm
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmportal

what is launcher x?
    LX is a great launcher it is very unfortunate that its created has died.

LX is great because it is clean and simple interface and allows you to move .prc files and save space

That said, ZLauncher, is IMHO, a better launcher because you can move both .prc and .pdb files. the .pdb are database files that can get quite large

Back in the day, I used both LX and another program called PowerRun.

Now, I find that ZL provides the best functionality in the smallest, most customizable and convenient package

Also, you might want to look at the docs to go support page, you can move a few of the PRC's to the Palm/Launcher directory to save space

and yes, a card reader/writer is the only way to go
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey