Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    FileZ v6 beta is now available at:

http://nosleepsoftware.sourceforge.net/
    great thanks for the heads up
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    whats new
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    dont know but updates are always good (not installed it yet i will in the morning to late to start playing with my treo now)
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  5.    #5  
    I believe it was a full rewrite. It is much faster, shows the card folders when the palmcard is viewed. More at the download site.
    I just installed and when I change the name of a file (not the extension, just descriptive stuff that comes before the ".") it crashes. Back to the old version for me
    "This space intentionally left blank."
    The beta version has deleted in error all the palm subtree.... besides crashing...
    Back to the old (and much more affidable) version.
    Ciao

Ettore
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    dont know but updates are always good
    I had to laugh when I read that.

I don't know how many times I wish I'd left well-enough alone. But if it's newer even by a .0.0.0.0.1 version change, I just can't seem to stop myself.
  9.    #9  
    Yeah,
    A sickness. Latest, Greatest, Bigger, Better, Faster, More!
    Pity it is still buggy. I used both McFile and Filez because both have unique features. The newer version might have been a replacement for McFile.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    filez 6 is on beta 24 now... He seems to have squashed quite a few bugs. Might wanna give it another try now.
    The final version was released anyone tried it? Still buggy?
    After I downloaded FileZ 6.0 and installed it, I checked the "About" screen and it still says "FileZ 5.3.2 1/4/04."
    Palmgear had a problem earlier today with corrupted files and the old version being there. I downloaded 6.0 a couple of hours ago, but given the comments in this thread, I'm hesitant to try it. Any brave souls out there?
    i will...can you e-mail it to me: rjmoose@gmail.com

Thanks,

rjmoose
    i had an older beta version of 6.0 and tried to update it from palmgear and when i was done it turned out to be version 5.32
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm
    i had an older beta version of 6.0 and tried to update it from palmgear and when i was done it turned out to be version 5.32
    I just DL'ed it and also got v5.3.2 per the about screen after I installed the PRC.
    FileZ 6.0 from FreewarePalm is the real update. Just installed it and now my ABOUT screen says "6.0." So far, so good.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    That's strange. I just downloaded from this link (to freewarepalm), and it also says 5.3.2 (from 1/4/04). It works fine, but not labeled as 6.0 (and neither is the palmgear link).
    I just grabbed it from PalmGear and it's the 9/10/04 version.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast