1.    #1  
    What is the best app for using mp3, etc. for ringers and alerts? Which ones seem to cause resets?
    I know you are not going to like my response but you have to search.

There are about a hundred threads on this topic.

The bottom line is nothing's perfect.

Personally, I use Lightwav. But there are a few other applications which give you mp3 ringers as well.
    There are four commonly used programs that do this (probably others I'm not aware of, sorry for not mentioning them).
    Lightwav
    Phone Technician
    Callshield
    Callfilter

Search for those programs and that should give you a good place to start researching.
    I use Lightwav but it is having troubles with either chatter or snappermail 2 so I am looking for a new program. Do any of the other programs work with those pieces of software?
    I just tried callfilter- I notice that you cannot set volume to 100% like you can on Lightwav.

argghg.

On phone technician / callshield..

this would probably make a good front page article.
    i use lightwav its good becuase it offers SMS mp3's
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    I use callfilter, I really like the phone call filtering abisities, but the mp3 ringer is kind of an extra on with it.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by LouisW
    I use Lightwav but it is having troubles with either chatter or snappermail 2 so I am looking for a new program. Do any of the other programs work with those pieces of software?
    You can try but most of apps don't support email notifications. If lucky the email developers will have this in place.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Sorry, let me clarify more. I have both snappermail and lightwav installed. When I get a phone call, I cannot always answer it. SOmetimes the ringer will not play and other times it will and I cannot stop it. Either way I cannot answer the phone.

I think snappermail 2.0 broke lightwav somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisW
    Sorry, let me clarify more. I have both snappermail and lightwav installed. When I get a phone call, I cannot always answer it. SOmetimes the ringer will not play and other times it will and I cannot stop it. Either way I cannot answer the phone.

I think snappermail 2.0 broke lightwav somehow.
    you can answer the call by pressing the center button on the 5way or press the up/down volume key to stop the sound then manaully tap on the Answer button on the screen. lwav should stop the sound.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    currently using lightwav/ptunes del.. but it's hard to keep up with what get's broken from one app to another. i currently stopped using chatter, but don't know if that was the cause of my random resets.

we need this site or another to give reviews (ie 5 star) on all the palm apps & under specific categories, like mp3 ringers, give comparison reviews, etc. there's just too many options for the average person.

websites do this for console gaming, why not for palm apps. the sites that do palm app reviews don't do it in a "consumer reports" fashion. there's no way to sift through handango & figure the best app in each category. the palm app websites need to take a page from the gaming industry, please.....
    Last edited by peyote; 08/24/2004 at 11:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    you can answer the call by pressing the center button on the 5way or press the up/down volume key to stop the sound then manaully tap on the Answer button on the screen. lwav should stop the sound.
    The issue is that Tapping the center button or the up/down volume key does not do anything. The sound keeps playing.