1.    #1  
    hi,

i use to have expense program which comes by default with t300 and i have so much of data in it... and t300 beam does not work but i have full data on my computer.

my question is:

how can i bring my data from my computer to t600?

i download couple of freeware programs but none of them able to pull my data from desktop.

any advise guys?
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $you$ $can$ $just$ $hotsync$ $your$ $T600$ $with$ $the$ $same$ $name$ $as$ $the$ $T300$ $and$ $it$ $will$ $install$ $everything$ $it$ $can$. $i$.$e$. $all$ $programs$ $compatible$.
    Worked perfectly for my transition from Visor platinum to T600.
    I would make backup-copies of the stuff on your harddrive, just in case.
    water created humans to carry it up hills
    If you can find the actual data file, you can load it with the install tool during a hot sync. Go to your Handspring/Backup directory on your PC (the one for the 300) and look for a file ending in .PDB. Those are the database files. Its most likely called expense.pdb. Select it with the install tool and that will at least get it on the Treo.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by 911_Dude
    If you can find the actual data file, you can load it with the install tool during a hot sync. Go to your Handspring/Backup directory on your PC (the one for the 300) and look for a file ending in .PDB. Those are the database files. Its most likely called expense.pdb. Select it with the install tool and that will at least get it on the Treo.
    i able to sync every thing from t300 to t600 except the Expense program.

i do not see the *.pdb fiel in the backup folder.

what i see in the back folder is:

expense.bak
    expense.db

any help pls.
    Try the expense.db
  6.    #6  
    Try the expense.db
    i try to install through install tool which comes with the palm desktop software but no luck... it just ignore and i look at my t600 phone and i don't find anythig there...

what do you think?

if you have expense can you please attach here?

thank you.
    try and use filez to see if it is actually on your treo
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    how do you see ? and what is filez ?

thanks.
    simply app that shows you every thing on your treo or sd card it free and you can get it here

http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...F=&prodID=9992

theres a new thread with a ne version but i dont know what the diffence is so just use this
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    its not there, i download filez and i don't find -
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    The expense program is on the ROM and locked. The data is in the RAM. You cannot beam or copy the expense program (unless you can get a dump from ROM). The data is available but nothing to read it with. I treid this with my wifes Zire to my Treo.
    Last edited by emajy; 08/26/2004 at 07:55 AM.
    Thats true, the expense program is ROM locked. I was under the impression you had a program that would import data from expense. Just my .02, but if you use Quicken, Pocket Quicken is a great program.
  13.    #13  
    so what should i do now?

do i have to dowload the qucken pocket ? program if yes then where do i get that freeware?

thanks.
    Pocket Quicken isnt free, but its well worth the price if you like Quicken. I think its $29. Go to http://www.landware.com/pocketquicken/palmos/index.asp. Its much more powerful than Expense and hot syncs perfectly. Ive been using it for a few years now and wouldnt do without it. Im sure it comes with a trial version.
  15.    #15  
    Pocket Quicken isnt free, but its well worth the price if you like Quicken. I think its $29. Go to http://www.landware.com/pocketquicken/palmos/index.asp. Its much more powerful than Expense and hot syncs perfectly. Ive been using it for a few years now and wouldnt do without it. Im sure it comes with a trial version.
    would i be able to reterive my old treo 300 data into quicken? if yes what steps should i follow.

thank you 911_dude for ur help.
  16.    #16  
    anybody ?

i have install the splashmoney but it did not retreive my old data?

any help pls ?
    I dont know about Splash Money. And, unfortunatly I dont think Pocket Quicken will import from other programs. It gets all its data from the PCs Quicken data file and after the first hot sync it syncs both ways with Quicken and the Treo.
    Sorry. But it sounds like your going to have to go with something new anyway. I dont know anything about Expense, but maybe you can export its data to Note Pad or something like that and print a hard copy from Outlook to help start over. I hate to sound like a salesman, but if you use Quicken already, Pocket Quicken is a "must have".
  18.    #18  
    i do have my data in .TXT file but dunno what how to import

i have 3 months data like every day expense and i hate to enter it again man... i will be bored to death.

question: what is the better splashmoney or pocket quicken ?

thanks