1.    #1  
    I have checked "Search" and the manual and not found the answer to this problem. (seems like we must preface all questions this way to avoid retribution!)

When I downloaded songs from windows media player via the card reader, they went to the "audio" folder on the SD card. pTunes does not recognize them.

I have an audio file listed in the initial listing on the SD card. I also copied the folder under the "Palm" folder to see if that would work. It did not.

Suggestions?

Should pTunes be on the SD card also to work? I tried moving it with Launcher X and still no success. I did see where someone had trouble with ptunes recognizing songs moved with a card reader. I have never had problems with the reader before. The songs ARE on the SD card as verified by checking with McFile.

Thanks for trying to help!
    It seems like you have to help PTunes find the songs on the SD card by going to MENU/ACTIONS/PLAYLIST. Then go to NEW, and make a name. Then ADD SONG. After that you finaly get a directory type view of the SD card. Just tap Add All. Then select the play list.
    Only the MP3s need to be on the audio card. And you can make subdirectories within the AUDIO dir to keep it by CD, or whatever. The play list points it to the right place.
    Hope that helps.
  3.    #3  
    I did what you suggested but pTunes still did not find the songs.

Her is what I have in McFile:

Under Card1

audio
    song.wma
    Palm
    audio
    song.wma
    backup
    launcher
    Programs

I put the songs in 2 places trying to see if I could get it to work. Suggestion? Thanks!
    What version of Pocket Tunes are you using? Only 3.0 Deluxe supports playing wma files.
  5.    #5  
    That must be the problem....I do not have the deluxe version. I guess it is worth the upgrade to do that?
    Yep it is worth the cost to upgrade. Ben
  7.    #7  
    Where is it best to put the audio files in the outline from Mcfile I have above?
    It shouldn't matter where you put the files. You should be able to organize them whatever way you like.
  9.    #9  
    I bought Deluxe pTunes and it still cannot find my songs. Sorry for the problem, I just do not know what to try next. Thanks for trying to help me
    I don't know if this will help (but it might). Try putting the songs in the very first level of the directory. In other words, you should be able to click on the card and then see all your songs there. Don't put them in sub-folders and see if that works for you. It really shouldn't matter where you put the songs but this is worth a shot.

Also, If you have pocket tunes deluxe, it comes with a way to automatically transfer songs over from windows media player into your sd card. Try that method and see if it works.
    Another thing to try, is put a directory in the root of the card called AUDIO and put the music files there.
    I believe most programs look there first for sound files.
  12.    #12  
    I got it to work! Thanks guys!
    Now I just need to find the best app to use some of these songs as ringtones/alerts. Suggestions for the best one?
    Ron
    I use LightWav...works great for me.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I am having the same problem! Has anyone else had it and how did they fix it?
    Never mind