Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It's not bad... I'd put it just under Snappermail, and above Chattermail.

What do you guys think?

It seems to be totally integrated with Agendus, i'm not sure you can run it without the rest of the PIM suite. It's pretty spiffy looking.

I didn't even know it was coming out, but being the IMAP fan that I am I had to try it. Nice work Iambic!
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    but... does it push? It sounded like it would only do timed acquisitions. How fast is the download?
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    so snappermail still boasts the best handling of email for the treo 600?
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Testing it out now... it does use IMAP but it does not "push". Downloads are pretty fast though.
    i have been using agendus beta was not push and cant compare it to chatter . The new chatter e mail really rocks it is a true push e mail i get my messages as fast as my wife who is using a blackberry.

Fred
    I actually bought Iambic Mail 3 (now Agendus Mail) because of the promised IMAP support. But I'm very dissapointed and won't be upgrading to 4.

When they say IMAP support they mean BASIC IMAP support. The most glaring omission is the inability to sync folders other than your Inbox. How lame is that? It almost completely defeats the point of IMAP.

I also wish they would add SSL support. I'm not a big fan of leaving my information out in the open to anyone who would like to read it. They've stated in their support forums that maybe in 4.1 they'd add SSL. Here is what they say about future sync support: "Perhaps support for additional mail boxes could be added in a future version though this could potentially use up enormous amounts of memory on your Palm."

If you're going to spend $40 on Agendus Mail you might as well spend $60 on SnapperMail and get full IMAP with SSL. I'm still in my SnapperMail trial. I'm not thrilled about spending $60, but I'm not certain what choice I have.
    Or get Chatter Email with IMAP/SSL, true push, multiple folders, background/async operation, faster than Snapper, etc... for $25.
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    Or get Chatter Email with IMAP/SSL, true push, multiple folders, background/async operation, faster than Snapper, etc... for $25.
    Or pay $35 dollars more for SnapperMail and get support for your SD Card including mail storage and attachements. I want to like Chatter, really. But, I don't care about push and I do care about storage. The price is definitely right though.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicholasX
    Or pay $35 dollars more for SnapperMail and get support for your SD Card including mail storage and attachements. I want to like Chatter, really. But, I don't care about push and I do care about storage. The price is definitely right though.

IMAP = push, otherwise it's just POP spelled with different letters.

You've done it Marc! Thanks. Keep the enhancements coming. Chatter is so awesome I for one can wait another month for attachments.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    IMAP = push, otherwise it's just POP spelled with different letters.
    How do you figure this? IMAP w/o push is definitely very different than POP. Having my email pushed to me isn't necessary at all. I don't need real time (or near real time) email. What I do need is ALL my email available to me on different devices. Hence, my need for IMAP. I'm not saying that push isn't cool or that I don't see the need for it. But IMAP w/o Push is definitely not POP.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicholasX
    SD card storsge is coming Check out the threads
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    SD card storsge is coming Check out the threads
    I have been (anxiously even). If SD storage comes before my SnapperMail Demo expires (42 days) then I'll gladly plunk down $25 for Chatter. Like I said, I really want to like Chatter. It has lots going for it.
    I also want to like Chatter - it sounds truly awesome. But I have no access to an IMAP account, and to pay for yet another email account just to use another mail client seems wasteful.
    The Chatter rocks! Not only does it support PUSH and IMAP, it also does it in the background allowing you to use other apps on your device when it is getting mail. It also doesn't require the screen to be turned on while getting mail. Two simple but important things snappermail has not been able to get right. The most important is that it has PUSH that is extremely fast - I'm averaging about 8 seconds from when an email is sent until it hits my phone!

It is still in beta and has a few bugs, but nothing major, and even with those it blows snappermail and all other email programs away! I know, I have forked out the cash for every email app out looking for the best, and so far the new Chatter has it. This from a guy who hated the previous version of it.

Save your money by avoiding snappermail and getting Chatter.
    well for me it is. Sure it's nice to have email all in one place but getting it as it comes in is vital to me. Push is the most important to me, so Chatter is it. And it's the cheapest too. Whenattachment support comes next month no one else will be able to compete.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    I also want to like Chatter - it sounds truly awesome. But I have no access to an IMAP account, and to pay for yet another email account just to use another mail client seems wasteful.

fastmail.fm has a free account
    — Ed Howdershelt
    ChatterMail is Numero Uno! It pushes! It really does. Nobody (nobody!) can push email when using a Treo. Only Chatter does.
    I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
    -Sir Winston Churchill.
  18. zoz
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Ever since I've had Chatter on my Treo, my battery seems to die quickly... Is that because of the push?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    Thanks for the Happy B-Day!!!Alli
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    fastmail.fm has a free account

Yes, but then I'd have to have all my other accounts forward to it. I need another email addy like I need a hole in the head.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast