Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am one of those people that get something working (with help) and then does not want to change because they really do not know why it is working. I use to use Iambic and now I am using Markspace mail. I liked Markspace because it allowed me to color code incoming mail (my wife is blue, my partner is red, my main income source is green, etc). It also let me set up sub-folders.

I never learned how to open attachments. I also do not know what IMAP is (but I do not sync my mail and it appears to have something to do with that). I am not sure I care about pushing my e-mails, but I would like to be able to run it off my card and keep e-mails on my card. Does anyone but snappermail do this?

Thanks

SPG
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    Yes, but then I'd have to have all my other accounts forward to it. I need another email addy like I need a hole in the head.
    Want another gmail account?
    Quote Originally Posted by zoz
    Ever since I've had Chatter on my Treo, my battery seems to die quickly... Is that because of the push?
    Potentially if you have:

1. Sprint (or other CDMA) service - poorer battery performance wrt. networking

or

2. Lots of incoming email which cause your treo to turn on and stay light for 3 minutes each.

The solution to 1. is to turn off automatic syncing if battery life is an issue, and either sync on demand or quick sync at a longer period.

The solution to 2. is to get at least 1.0b4 and turn on 'disable background notification' on those mailboxes that get lots of messages. Your LED will still fast blink when mail comes in, but the screen will not light up and you should save on battery life.

All that said, it is more battery intensive to run either the Vision or GPRS data services all day instead of just on demand. So of this has nothing to do with Chatter. When I was recently in Ireland and unable to get GPRS going, my phone would last several days (easily) without recharges. Once the GPRS service is started, the battery life probably drops by 50%.

(I wonder how long the battery would last with the cell phone part turned off? Probably weeks or longer... my 270 lasted over a month, i know).
    I tried Chatter and it's great but I too have no need for real time push email. I have been using Agendus Mail 4 for the last day or so and it is equal to Snappermail, which I have used for a long time, but it has the advantage of integrating with Agendus, providing SMS and, best of all, it's come free with Agendus Professional 8, which I already had.
    Quote Originally Posted by norcalredfire
    I tried Chatter and it's great but I too have no need for real time push email. I have been using Agendus Mail 4 for the last day or so and it is equal to Snappermail, which I have used for a long time, but it has the advantage of integrating with Agendus, providing SMS and, best of all, it's come free with Agendus Professional 8, which I already had.

How did you get it for free? I have agendus pro 8 and I dont think I have Mail 4 for free.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Woof, Agendus Mail is part of Agendus Pro v8. Go back to the Install program as it needs to be installed separately from Pro.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    If you're a registered Agendus Pro user, go to the iambic website and obtain the latest version, 8.05 which was released on the 19th. The download zip will contain the latest version of Agendus Mail, v4, build 579.

Chris
    Does Agendus Mail check for new messages in the background (doesn't require the screen to be on, let's you use other apps while getting mail) or support PUSH?
    found it. Thanks guys. I think I'll stick with chatter
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Want another gmail account?

ROFL!

Hey - maybe instead of pop3 service, gmail will offer imap. hehe!
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    If you're a registered Agendus Pro user, go to the iambic website and obtain the latest version, 8.05 which was released on the 19th. The download zip will contain the latest version of Agendus Mail, v4, build 579.

Chris
    Awesome! After reading the release notes, I had the feeling that even with Agendus Pro they were going to make you pay for Agendus Mail. Maybe it was the way they worded it, or maybe it was the way I read it. Gonna give it a spin!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick50
    Does Agendus Mail check for new messages in the background (doesn't require the screen to be on, let's you use other apps while getting mail) or support PUSH?
    It does have a timed polling function, but by Iambics own admission it only works IF the program is running. Iambic does hope to enhance this feature in future releases.

CGordonn
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    Awesome! After reading the release notes, I had the feeling that even with Agendus Pro they were going to make you pay for Agendus Mail. Maybe it was the way they worded it, or maybe it was the way I read it. Gonna give it a spin!
    Glad I could help out. FYI for AOL users, Agedus Mail works pretty well with their Open Mail (IMAP) system.

CGordonn
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12