Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello-
    i just got the Treo 600 and i'm on a trial version of WordSmith. but in order to edit Word docs i need to synchronize first. not convienent when i'm on the road. i know i can use Corsoft's Aileron, but that's a yearly subscription i don't want!

i want to be able to receive, open and edit word docs and send again on the Treo-- without synching.

does anyone know of either a different app i can use to do this with wordsmith or another word processing program all together. i know i can do this with Documents to Go.
    just looking at all my options.
    thanks!
    You can also try Quickoffice.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  3.    #3  
    great- that opens email word attachments?
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Documents to Go works well and has always gotten top reviews. Version 7 was just released. Go to http://www.dataviz.com
  6.    #6  
    doesn't look like quickoffice can do what i want. they recommend Aileron too as well as Attach to Hand. Alieron is a yearly subscription. with Attach to Hand you still need to synch.

has anyone used WordSmith in this manner

download Word email attachments on the Treo
    open them
    edit them
    all on the treo WITHOUT having to synch.

thanks for the Documents to Go - i've looked at that too, but was interested to see if other apps will do it too-
    Last edited by eddieras; 08/21/2004 at 07:17 AM.
  7.    #7  
    Documents to Go requires Wireless to Go Inbox- a 49.95 yearly subscription to do this.

so far all i'm finding are subscription services--to
    download, open and edit Word attachments on my Treo
    anyone know of alternative solutions - without synching?
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras
    doesn't look like quickoffice can do what i want. they recommend Aileron too as well as Attach to Hand. Alieron is a yearly subscription. with Attach to Hand you still need to synch.
    I use Quickoffice Premier and Snappermail. I have received word docs and spreadsheets via e-mail, made changes, and sent them back out. I don't travel with my laptop as much as I used to because of this feature. Dowload the free trial and give it a try. I think you can do the same with Docs to go.

I have Office to Go and I am able to open and edit documents w/o any subscription for Wireless to GO. I would double check that if I were you ...

Also ... Treocentral posted coupons that you can use to get 25% off the purchase price at handandgo.com software store.

UPDATE: Discounts are over .. just checked. It was nice while it lasted however, becuase I was able to get Docs to Go Premier for $38
    Last edited by treogables; 08/21/2004 at 09:06 AM.
    Documents to Go requires Wireless to Go Inbox- a 49.95 yearly subscription to do this.
    No it doesn't. Docs to Go works with any email program.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Let me see if I have this right. I have Docs to Go version 6. I can load this on my Treo 600 and open attachment on MarkSpace Mail?

SPG
    If you have docs 2 go 6 or higher...you can open native Excel and Word attachments from any e-mail program. You do not need an inbox 2 go subsctiption...you don't even need to install the inbox 2 go program. You can also save in native Excel and Word format. Meaning you can work on docs (or create new docs) on your palm and e-mail them back to co-workers for them to work with.

Docs 2 Go is the standard for for the Palm platform and has won many awards. Personally I wouldn't use anything else.
    I have been using Docs to Go 6, and now have 7. I use Snappermail for attachments and it works great. V7 has a nice interface.
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    Docs to Go works with any email program.
    Actually Docs to Go should work with any email program that supports handing off attachments to third-party apps, but many email programs don't support this, for example Sprint BizConnect, Reqwireless email, the new Chatter email program. I'm not hundred percent sure about the Mail program that comes with the Treo, but I don't think it does either.
  15.    #15  
    thanks guys for all the info-- i'm finding conflicting things on the Docs to Go site-and i knew this be the best place for info!

treo-mike - so you actually do this yourself with your treo? that's info i trust! does it work with the standard edition?

just to be clear- youi guys are able to do this all from the road on the treo- without synching?
    thanks again!
    Hi Eddireras,

YES. I do all those things with MY TREO...all the time. I own the professional edition.

Yes. I open attachments in my TREO from e-mail...without synching. I am using VersaMail 2.5 but I am pretty sure it works with the Treo e-mail program as well.

Don't be nervous. If you buy Docs 2 Go and are not happy...they will refund your money. I once bought Inbox 2 Go from Dataviz and was not happy and they promptly refunded my money with no hassle at all.
  17.    #17  
    Thanks treo-mike- i appreciate your help-- i'll definately be getting it then- and once i do i'll probably have more questions for you!
  18.    #18  
    a few questions-- can you set up folders in treo with documents to go?

does it support the 5 way jog for scrolling and cursor movement?

do you know if the previous premium versions support email attachement edits, ect-like versions 4,5, or 6? there's a lot of these on ebay.

thanks!
    I use version 6..it was the first to offer native word and excel support..i.e. no conversion needed first.

Yes the latest version 6 (point something) or other supports the rocker. But why not just buy the new version 7?

I don't understand the folders question.

so far all i'm finding are subscription services--to
    download, open and edit Word attachments on my Treo
    anyone know of alternative solutions - without synching?
    No, you don't need wireless to go, just Documents to Go. It works *extremely* well, and absolutely lets you create documents without trouble
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast