1.    #1  
    I need all the help I can get. Last night my Treo fell into our swimming pool and it got shot. I dried it up right away. It does turn on, but only a yellow light shows up and you can see some water on the actual screen. I did open it up to dry it up, but no luck on getting it to work. I went by my local Sprint store, and they checked my account to find out I did not have insurance on the phone. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    I'm not sure what you are looking for. You choices seem simple:

1. Continue to let it dry out on its own. Do not turn it on again for at least a few days so it properly dries out.

2. Take it back to the Sprint store and ask if it can be sent in for repair.

3. Buy a new Treo. (I think this is what you'll have to end up doing.)

Sorry for your loss.
  3.    #3  
    yes, I thought about that too. I think I might start looking on ebay for one. Anyone interested in selling just a phone?
    this should be a sticky: DO NOT TURN ON TREO AFTER IT FALLS IN WATER UNTIL AFTER IT DRIES OUT COMPLETELY INTERNALLY!!!!!!!

also, why do people take out their business phone to pool parties etc? do what i do - have a backup phone for the weekends and evenings, to muck about with, and use the treo at work ennvironments.
    speaking of which, i might be selling my treo so but it is locked to Rogers in canada. so if you're interested, make an offer
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

FYI.. There are a few in the Marketplace...
    Best regards,
    Efe Cem ELCI

Why are so many Treo's falling in water? Scary!
    Cell Phone History: Sanyo 6200, Sanyo 4900, Sanyo 5300, Treo 600 and now the Treo 650.
    people hanging it around their necks, leaning over sink and "DIP" perhaps?
    The problem with the Treo is you can't really turn it off...and you can't remove the battery...so when it gets wet you're gonna get shorts.

Let it dry out. If you're really brave you could open it up, disconnect the battery and let it dry. Using a blow dryer on low/no heat might help...but be very careful.

I had a Treo 300 fall in a lake and it didn't work...I had it replaced under the insurance program. A couple of months later...I tried turning it on just for the heck of it...and it worked. So, you never know.
    Mine took one week to finally work. I was sure it was lost. You have to be really patient. You can remove the back with a t-6 torx to get air flowing...

Good luck!
    Don't tell Sprint. Switch to an old phone...add insurance. Switch back to your Treo 600 after 30 or so days...and report it broken. I just got a policy update on the replacment program, but something like this worked to get my broken Treo replaced.

Everyone else...learn...and learn well. If you're carrier offers an insurance/replacement program, sign up when you buy your Treo.
    This is good advice... Even if you don't want to take the back completely off, use a T6 screwdriver to take the antenna off (just have to remove the single screw beneath), remove the SIM and SD cards and you have a couple of decent vent ports. A hair dryer placed about 10" away (far enough to avoid melting it, obviously) helps things along. Mine has survived a full freshwater immersion and a heavy freshwater splash (don't ask...).

[QUOTE=rfriedline]Mine took one week to finally work. I was sure it was lost. You have to be really patient. You can remove the back with a t-6 torx to get air flowing.../[QUOTE]
    Rossoneri I'll give u $20 for your Treo :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Nguyen
    Rossoneri I'll give u $20 for your Treo :P
    sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    this should be a sticky: DO NOT TURN ON TREO AFTER IT FALLS IN WATER UNTIL AFTER IT DRIES OUT COMPLETELY INTERNALLY!!!!!!!

also, why do people take out their business phone to pool parties etc? do what i do - have a backup phone for the weekends and evenings, to muck about with, and use the treo at work ennvironments.

becuase its to much work
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    I jumped into the pool to save my kid who thinks he can swim and of course the Treo was in my pocket. I thought all was lost but after seeing some luck in this thread I thought I would try to dry it out. Getting the water out from behind the screen was the biggest problem. I ended up opeing it up and using an air/dust cleaner to blow the water out. Waiting for it to evaporate would have taken days. I did not manage to get all the water out, but gave up as I could not get the phone to turn on, even with a reset. Eventually I decided to plug it into the charger as I thought that maybe the battery had been been drained. No luck until I pressed the phone button and the screen light up. The battery was charged but the data was gone. But after a hotsync I am happy to say that it is working again. The screen has some water marks behind it, which I will try to clean up some day.

I have T-mobile and they would have done an out of warranty repair for $70, which is better than spending the $499 they wanted for a new one.

Mick
    Quote Originally Posted by kschoenberg
    The problem with the Treo is you can't really turn it off...and you can't remove the battery...so when it gets wet you're gonna get shorts.

Let it dry out. If you're really brave you could open it up, disconnect the battery and let it dry. Using a blow dryer on low/no heat might help...but be very careful.

I had a Treo 300 fall in a lake and it didn't work...I had it replaced under the insurance program. A couple of months later...I tried turning it on just for the heck of it...and it worked. So, you never know.
    I never used the insurance thing. I have an insurance with Cingular.
    1/ do they cover the water thing?
    2/ they let you keep the old device?
    With what we pay for these phones, they should not only be water proof and float. They should be able to swim for Olympic Gold. Australian Olympic Gold of course

I think you need to give your Treo a minuteís silence as a mark of respect and bury it.

Sorry for your lose my thoughts are with you.

Ps
    If our going to give it a burial at sea, donít take your new phone with you.
    Welcome to Palmone, tomorrows bugs today!!!