1.    #1  
    (Created a new post to avoid the trolling/flame wars in the "Treo 610/ACE update from Palm" thread)

I was on the line with Sprint going over my phone plan and asked "Do you know anything about a new Treo coming out?" She said "One moment....yes, it says here that the Treo 650 will be available in November and the RIM Blackberry in November/December."

I did not mention the model number at all - she offered the 650 part, and spoke of the Blackberry because she said that they've had many questions about it. I asked if she had any more information about the Treo 650, but she could not find anything else. She said it was something that "she had just seen", meaning it was newer information, but I didn't ask her how new. Any folks with Sprint connections have any extra information? And if anyone else is having a lazy Friday, feel free to call Sprint and ask them if they know about a new Treo...I bet we get all sorts of different answers.
    I hate to say it but what makes you think that you'll avoid the flaming wars by starting a new thread? Is it your belief that the people in that thread won't see the title of this thread and "jump in".

I've been a member here since 1999 - and this type of thread will continue to draw flames just by it's very nature.

The bottom line is - you can't order the new Treo before it becomes available. Your information, may or may not be valid not because of anything you did or didn't hear. It's not valid information until the d*** thing is available - period.

This is not meant as a flame - it's strictly factual. Until the new Treo is available all this hype and supposition is just purely hype and supposition.

I'll order the darn thing when it's available - if I like the "real" specs - period.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    My bets are for the name "Treo 650" if you ask me... I do believe that many (but not all) sprint personal have access to updated documents on the future Treo's, so leaks like this make sense.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    nobody here has any sprint connects. if we did, then we'd all be on the same side when it came to info about the new treo. first it was a 610, then 660, now it's the 650. and everyone basically confirmed oct. now november. i'll just wait till miradu posts something about it. unless he's hinting on the 650 name.
  5.    #5  
    RSGMOOSE,

The trolling/flame wars I was referring too was the "Treo is old news" talk and "My MPX is better than your ACE" nonsense. I hope others "jump in", but with their accounts of information from Sprint reps, or a Sprint rep themselves.

The bottom line is - you can't order the new Treo before it becomes available. Your information, may or may not be valid not because of anything you did or didn't hear. It's not valid information until the d*** thing is available - period.
    You seem to be upset that I even posted the information I heard. I didn't say it was available for order. I didn't say my information is valid, I just said that's why the rep told me. Why don't you call up the rep and tell them that her date isn't "valid information until the d*** thing is available - period" and see her response. It's just speculation, and I like to hear the rumors. If you don't, just skip the post.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone with a Sprint rep. She had no information available about the new phone in her data base. I had her search for skus, text searches and similar items. I told her to try 610 and 650. I did not think to have her try Ace or 660.
    You're going to think I'm making fun of you but I assure you I am not.

I read your post and knowing full well I wouldn't hear anything solid or consistent I called sprint. I asked "Do you have any info on the new treo". He said "Yeah the tre
    No by all means - post what you've heard from the Sprint rep. My only negative comment was that by starting a new thread it will not prevent the flamer's from coming over to this thread.

I'm not one to prevent any one from posting any topic that they like. It's your option to post such information, however by posting it in a new thread will not prevent the same type of flaming that was going on in the ACE thread, just be advised.

My comments about "valid information until the d*** thing is available - period" is meant to state that all of this is simply speculation. Can we believe the Sprint rep? Nope, the phone will be available when PalmOne has it manufactured and ready for sale. It's now just past the middle of August and we are talking about 60+ days down the road.

There is a lot that go wrong between now and then. I'll worry about actually buying the phone when it is really available for sale because in the mean time - this thread is nothing more then "speculation", which is what was causing so much flaming in the other thread.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    You're going to think I'm making fun of you but I assure you I am not.

I read your post and knowing full well I wouldn't hear anything solid or consistent I called sprint. I asked "Do you have any info on the new treo". He said "Yeah the treo 7000 I don't know when it's coming out." He went on to tell me he read about the "treo 7000" in PC magazine last month. These guys are a trip
  10.    #10  
    I really should have been more clear about the "flame war" comment - I was talking about all of the banter that was going on that had nothing to do with the release speculation/rumors. That thread had gotten way off topic.

But you're right, it's all pure speculation, like just about every other phone that has a release date, and how it almost never actually comes out when it's supposed to. I really only posted because the rep gave me the unsolicited "Treo 650" name. Calling them seems like some kind of twisted lottery with no real winners..I bet the Treo 7000 will be amazing.
    Blackberry 7000?
    I was on the line with Sprint and the rep had no clue about anything. Period.

All is right with the world again.
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalai Lama
    I was on the line with Sprint and the rep had no clue about anything. Period.

All is right with the world again.
    Indeed
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    ...It's not valid information until the d*** thing is available - period. ...
    bad choice of words? All this information, speculative, made up, or not is certainly valid to me.

thanks
    I spoke with a "knowledgable Sprint Rep"....is that a oxymoron?....ANYWAY....She said something about a "Spacehog 690" model coming out in the near future. Maybe the Dalai Lama can vouch as to the accuracy of this information???
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    I spoke with a "knowledgable Sprint Rep"....is that a oxymoron?....ANYWAY....She said something about a "Spacehog 690" model coming out in the near future. Maybe the Dalai Lama can vouch as to the accuracy of this information???
    ...well, maybe thats not too valuable, but it is fun.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I know i have only a few posts but i have lurked on this board for years. The thing about Palm rumors is that dates are never met but feature sets usually comes into focus quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by grim02
    I really should have been more clear about the "flame war" comment ....
    I dont' think it matters how clear you are posting a thread like this. Threads suggesting rumars will be flamed because the information posted is just speculation. And when someone else hears a contradicting rumar, or just doens't believe you, will challenge you.

That's why noone wants to comment officially at Palmone or elsewhere.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    I can never understand those who get so upset about possible information about upcoming models. Comments like "I'll order the d*** thing when it's available" are silly. Of course you can only order it when it's available and you can see the specs. Who expected otherwise from you? Do you react so angrily to any information about future events (which is often subject to change)?

Relax, people!
    Last edited by silverado; 08/20/2004 at 04:55 PM.
    I agree with silverado's post above, people please, relax, rumors are supposed to be fun. They aren't personal, most of the time people are telling half truths, a few times they're simply making up stuff, but normally they hear it from a friend etc. It's like the telephone game you played as a kid, the message gets transformed as it moves about. It's not something to make a big fuss about.

Things will happen when happen. Until than we can sit and dream of new features, or we can flame those people who honestly want something better and want to stroke their imaginations. It's sad that people are so disgruntled with their current treos that they get aggressive when you mention things that might not be true in the future. I'm sorry grim02, but this thread is so far off topic now, I'm closing it. People, if you want to flame rumor people go to the previous 610 thread that grim02 mentioned.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff