Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Seidio is launching its G2100 2 in 1 Car Kit for Treo 600. If you are searching for a solution to your in car hands-free and GPS/MP3 needs, this kit is the answer. It allows you to charge and use your Treo 600 while in the car, and doubles as MP3/GPS playback through your car stereo speakers. (G2100 does not come with an integrated speaker.)

Features:

· Model specific - Simply slide your Treo 600 into the cradle.

· Securely holds and charges your Treo 600.

· Built-in audio jack in the holder means no additional audio cables needed

· Switch available on cradle to allow easy selection of either “hands-free mode” or “MP3/GPS” mode.

· GPS ready - Plug the GPS mouse (wired) receiver directly into the cradle for charging and connecting to Treo 600 for GPS application.

· Audio line out port available on the cradle.

· External microphone port available on the cradle.

· DC out port can power up Seidio iSound FM transmitter or charge a cellular phone.

· Provides functionality through your car stereo speakers:

o Loud and clear MP3 stereo playback and GPS commands via the following inputs (not included):

§ FM Transmitter
    § Cassette adaptor
    § Auxiliary car stereo input

o Hands-free speakerphone with external microphone and earpiece.

· Power Options:

o Cigarette lighter socket
    o Unit can be hardwired directly into car’s electrical system (12-24 V)

· Mounting solutions – With these included pedestals, users can mount the cradle according to preference or vehicle interior:

o 8" Super Strong Suction Windshield Pedestal
    o Locking Vent Pedestal
    o 360-degree swivel adaptor for maximum driver/passenger readability and viewing

For more information about this product, please visit:

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...MGHFTR600%2DDG

Also Available:

o G2100 2 in 1 Car Kit/FM Transmitter Bundle for Treo 600
    o G2100 2 in 1 Car Kit/GPS Receiver Bundle for Treo 600
    o G2100 2 in 1 Car Kit/FM Transmitter/GPS Receiver Bundle for Treo 600
    Attached Images Attached Images
    how well does this work with a Treo that has the egrips installed ?
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Seidio is launching its G2100 2 in 1 Car Kit for Treo 600...
    Finally! I've been waiting for this since January, only to see estimated availability dates come and go.

For the record, how firm is the September 3 availability date?
  4.    #4  
    Hi Macinfo,

Treo has to slide into the connector and audio jack inside the holder to connect to the car kit. I do not know the Egrips, may be slight modification has to be done.

Seidio
  5.    #5  
    Hi, TDhood,

Septemeber 3 is as firm as it can be.

Seidio
    Hi, TDhood,

Septemeber 3 is as firm as it can be.

Seidio
    I see from your website that your headquarters is in Houston - any chance I swing by & pick one up?
    since the Treo slides into the base unit, does this car kit mar the side of the Treo like your Swivel Clip Holster did. That is one of the reasons why I never ended up using your belt holster since it caused the sides of my Treo (center holes where the clip would fall into place at) get damaged. In order to remove the Treo, do I have to press anything to allow for the Treo to be released?
    Also, on your Bluetooth charging cable, will it/can it work with the Jabra BT200 head set ?

Here is the Jabra version of their car charger.

http://www.hellodirect.com/catalog/P...60&CATID=15293
    Would the iSound plug into this for power as well or just for transmitting audio? I wasn't clear on that.

Also, this is probably somewhere on TC, but since I'm posting...anybody using iSound who can give a review here.
    Sorry for so many posts / questions, but I was at your site and noticed 1 other mount. What is the difference between the above mentioned product and:

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...2DSMGF1HSTR600

FYI: I have no interest in GPS attachment but will be using the Jabra BT200 with my Treo 600.
    Can we order before Sept. 3rd, so it is shipped ASAP????? Also, can you confirm that this will work with the Sprint CDMA Treo 600.

o Loud and clear MP3 stereo playback and GPS commands via the following inputs (not included):

[I]§ FM Transmitter
    Is this grounded so that the feedback I get from my FM transmitter and car charger doesn't happen with the FM transmitter and your car kit? FYI, I have the Seidio FM transmitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInfo
    since the Treo slides into the base unit, does this car kit mar the side of the Treo like your Swivel Clip Holster did. That is one of the reasons why I never ended up using your belt holster since it caused the sides of my Treo (center holes where the clip would fall into place at) get damaged. In order to remove the Treo, do I have to press anything to allow for the Treo to be released?
    Hi MacInfo,

Our G2100 Treo Car Kit is constructed in a perfect fit cup shape cradle. By connecting the serial connector and the audio jack from the cradle to the Treo 600, it will be more securely holding the Treo 600 on the cradle. To release the Treo 600, just slide it up from the cradle.

For the swivel clip holster, the clips are used to fit in to the indentation on the Treo 600. Under normal use, the clips should not damage the Treo 600.

For the Jabra BT headset, we would need to know the charging specification in order to answer your question. Our DC out jack is having a 5V output. If this voltage meet the requirement with the Jabra, we will need to get the right connector to make the cable.

If you have any other question, please feel free to contact us.

Seidio, inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by tdhood
    I see from your website that your headquarters is in Houston - any chance I swing by & pick one up?
    Hi Tdhood,

Yes we are in Houston, but unfortunately, we do not have a store front for customer pick up. All our orders will need to be shipped out directly from our warehouse.

If you are in Houston, it should not take more than 2 days for you to receive your package from the ship date.

Thanks

Seidio, inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdlieb
    Would the iSound plug into this for power as well or just for transmitting audio? I wasn't clear on that.

Also, this is probably somewhere on TC, but since I'm posting...anybody using iSound who can give a review here.

Currently, we are working on a charging cable to power the iSound directly from the mount.

For some of the discussions on this forum, in some vehicles a ground loop isolator is needed to avoid the interfere. The circuitary for the ground loop isolator will be built in on to the cradle. Therefore, there is no need for an extra gound loop isolator.

Seidio, inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxm33
    Hi MacInfo,

Our G2100 Treo Car Kit is constructed in a perfect fit cup shape cradle. By connecting the serial connector and the audio jack from the cradle to the Treo 600, it will be more securely holding the Treo 600 on the cradle. To release the Treo 600, just slide it up from the cradle.

For the swivel clip holster, the clips are used to fit in to the indentation on the Treo 600. Under normal use, the clips should not damage the Treo 600.

For the Jabra BT headset, we would need to know the charging specification in order to answer your question. Our DC out jack is having a 5V output. If this voltage meet the requirement with the Jabra, we will need to get the right connector to make the cable.

If you have any other question, please feel free to contact us.

Seidio, inc.
    The Jabra AC adapter that I currently have is this:

Output: DC 6v 300mA
    - --> "outside ring"
    + --> "inside post"

I do not have the car charger that Jabra sells but I would assume it's power output would be the same ??? Also if your output is only 5V, and the Jabra MAY require 6v, wouldn't we still be able to use a cable to attach the cable to the Jabra bluetooth dongle to charge it but it just would not charge completely or would take a longer time to charge ?

Talking about the Jabra FreeSpeak BT200. I would need to attach the bluetooth dongle unit of the BT200 to the Treo 600 bottom Audio jack, but since your car kit already uses that port, I would assume I can attach my bluetooth dongle to the car kits Audio port? I would like to continue to use my BT200 with the Bluetooth dongle to talk and listen to my conversations and not have to use a cable or anything, hence the Bluetooth capability. :-)

I also have the egrips original stuck onto my Treo 600
    http://www.egrips.com/catalog/produc...ba19d4f07499ed

Will I still be able to slide my Treo 600 into the G2100 ? Or is your cradle very tight on it's sides and back where the egrips would get stuck and not slide down? I know a LOT of people use the egrips since the Treo 600 is so slippery!
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    My biggest question is: Are you SURE this works with the CDMA Treo600? The THB/Palmone car-kit didn't work properly for months due to a software bug on Palm's end. Palm's version 1.2 software update was supposed to include a "carkit" driver which would enable the CDMA version to work with car kit's such as THB's. Unfortunately, the driver didn't work. Anytime there was an incoming call, you would have to physically remove the Treo from the car-kit, answer the call, then put it back in the car-kit again. (see this thread for all the gory details: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=50528)
    I believe Palm ended up releasing a patch to fix the car-kit driver to those who had purchased the THB product.

Will the Seidio car-kit be affected in the same way? Have you tested incoming calls to make sure it works??
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc
    My biggest question is: Are you SURE this works with the CDMA Treo600? The THB/Palmone car-kit didn't work properly for months due to a software bug on Palm's end. Palm's version 1.2 software update was supposed to include a "carkit" driver which would enable the CDMA version to work with car kit's such as THB's. Unfortunately, the driver didn't work. Anytime there was an incoming call, you would have to physically remove the Treo from the car-kit, answer the call, then put it back in the car-kit again. (see this thread for all the gory details: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=50528)
    I believe Palm ended up releasing a patch to fix the car-kit driver to those who had purchased the THB product.

Will the Seidio car-kit be affected in the same way? Have you tested incoming calls to make sure it works??
    In addition to the above question that needs to be answered, I have one more: Am I understanding correctly that incoming calls will only play over the Treo speaker and that you need an FM transmitter to use the car speakers?
    I love the idea of this car kit but why do all cradles assume we don't have cases? I know they want a secure fit but but many hi-end users that would buy a cradle like this would most likely also use a case such as Vaja.

Also, will this cradle shut the power off if no treo is in the cradle? In other words, do I always have to remember to unplug this from the lighter to avoid a dead battery? The standard car charger does not but others like the one from i.Trek do. This would be ideal especially seeing as the GPS and FM transmitters don't need power when the Treo is not docked.

Nice job as this seems to be the best car kit so far Seidio!
    Something I noticed this cradle is lacking is an external audio source. I know a lot of people may not need this, but if i was to buy this cradle I would have to modify it with one. My reason is that I use an external XM tuner. No sense in playing MP3s on the Treo when I have XM. However, I would like to hear my phone ring on the speakers and make hands free calls as well as later have a GPS. My idea was to have a standard audio input on the side then have two volume controls on the front and a 3 way switch. One volume control would control the Treo output and the other would control the aux input. The three way switch would switch between Treo, aux, or mixed. This way I could hear my phone ring over my music or have GPS commands over it. Just an idea. If you don't add it, i'll just make my own or modify yours.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast