Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Llarson...

Regarding Mapopolis and RAM the best way I have found to trim away memory is ZLauncher. ZLauncher allows you to move programs to your card that don't support being on your card. You can't use it to move Mapopolis cause it isn't compliant, but you can move infrequently used programs with ease

I find that pictures take up more ram than expected too. When I looked to find ram I discovered that my 130 pictures took up 5 mbs of space so I saved them all on my computer and deleted them.
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    Thanks I have Zlauncher and I do store my programs on the card. All but Snappermail sine I need it to download emails on a schedule.

I will look into the pictures.

thanks
    LLARSON
    Treo 600, 650,700P, 755P and iPHONE
    my review of this is available there : http://fortinslandv2.free.fr/treo/Seidio/sG2100M/

it is not fully done yet (i would like to add FM Transmitter)
  4. e-v
    Thanks,I was watching the pictures. How did you get the audion cable? the one that is connected to the audio out?

Thanks,

Ilan
    on pictures, the black audio cable i use on the audio out is the "1 Earpiece" from Seidio's G2100M pack (http://www.seidio-europe.com/Product...MGHFTR600%2DDG) it is also the same as the headset i got with my Treo when i bought it
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I should have posted this follow-up a while ago, but I forgot... Seidio did FedEx me a new cradle (the original cradle I received was the wrong size for the Treo) and the Treo now fits into it just fine. All is working as it should be.

A question about the mic cable though for those who have the kit: what's the best way to inconspicuously run the microphone cable from the cradle up to my sun visor? (or other nearby location) Do I need to remove the dashboard to do this? Any tips would be appreciated!
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Minsc (or others)-

If anyone is using the 2100 with the FM adapter from Seidio, I'd like to hear more about exactly how that works, and reports on sound/ echo (or hopefully lack of echo). I'm still not completely clear exactly how this would work in actual use, if listening to mp3 and a call comes in....I'm assuming use of an external mic, and FM adapter to hear voice thru car speakers.
    i'd like to confirm that the Treo 600 fits very well in Seidio's cradles
    Minsc : to do it, as i said in my review, i just asked my car reseller to do it for me (as he knows better than me how to do it). i think the place where my mic is is a good place (i don't need to move the head to speak and volume is good)

pdadoc : i wanted to add the FM transmitter to my G2100M review but i got some problems with it and i'm talking with Seidio to solve them ...
    in fact, you are totally true, the FM transmitter is like a link between the audio out connector of the Treo or of the carkit's cradle and your FM radio's speakers (it emits the sound from the Treo or any other sources (you can connect a CD player or whatever you want) through FM and then you can receive with an FM radio)
    it acts exactly as with 2in1 headsets (for example) : when listening music and a call comes, the Treo switches music off (pocket tunes) and rings, then you have to click on the screen to answer and you can talk using FM transmitter to listen and external mic (or Treo's one) to talk
    as i'm experiencing some problems with it during calls, i can't tell you about echo
    i keep you informed about my problems
    for now, i just can tell that it works perfectly well for music
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    fortin-

thanks for the info. can you be more specific about the problems you're experienceing with the fm transmitter?

is anyone out there using this setup (with fm transmitter) with NO problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc
    A question about the mic cable though for those who have the kit: what's the best way to inconspicuously run the microphone cable from the cradle up to my sun visor? (or other nearby location) Do I need to remove the dashboard to do this? Any tips would be appreciated!
    I didn't remove the dash, but I did drill a hole in it, right behind the ProClip mount I put the G2100 on (I didn't much care for Seidio's supplied mounting pieces). I did need to remove the radio, though, to assist in fishing power, audio & mic cables to their proper place behind the dash.

Once I fished the cable through the dash internals using a coat hanger, I removed the weather stripping around the driver's door & the A-pillar covering. Once the pieces are re-installed with the mic cable inside, the only thing visible is the mic peeking out near the visor. On my truck, the A-pillar cover just snapped off, but yours may be attached using some other method - don't just start yanking on it without peeking behind it...

It made for a very clean install, with my only complaint being that there are cables coming off three sides of the G2100. The overall look could be improved if all the jacks came off one side or even (gasp!) the back of the cradle.

Tonight I'll get some photos posted of the finished install.

tdh
    pdadoc : it is interferences with GSM network
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    fortin--- thanks!
    Anyone using this with cdma (I'm on verizon) with good results?
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tdhood
    I didn't remove the dash, but I did drill a hole in it, right behind the ProClip mount I put the G2100 on (I didn't much care for Seidio's supplied mounting pieces). I did need to remove the radio, though, to assist in fishing power, audio & mic cables to their proper place behind the dash.

Once I fished the cable through the dash internals using a coat hanger, I removed the weather stripping around the driver's door & the A-pillar covering. Once the pieces are re-installed with the mic cable inside, the only thing visible is the mic peeking out near the visor. On my truck, the A-pillar cover just snapped off, but yours may be attached using some other method - don't just start yanking on it without peeking behind it...

It made for a very clean install, with my only complaint being that there are cables coming off three sides of the G2100. The overall look could be improved if all the jacks came off one side or even (gasp!) the back of the cradle.

Tonight I'll get some photos posted of the finished install.

tdh
    I'd like to see pics of your install when you get them. I am eagerly awaiting my 2100. How is the sound (on the other end) using the mic up on the visor?
    Quote Originally Posted by ksawatsky
    I'd like to see pics of your install when you get them. I am eagerly awaiting my 2100. How is the sound (on the other end) using the mic up on the visor?
    Pictures of install attached. Note that this setup uses the ProClip mount that is not a part of the G2100 kit. The sound quality isn't bad - considering that my truck is extremely loud (diesel). Callers tell me that there's no echo, but if I'm sailing down the interstate at 70, there's way too much ambient noise to use the kit.

Audio is tied into the CD changer port of the factory stereo using an adapter from RCAInput. This is a much better-sounding solution than the FM transmitters, but did set me back $70.

tdh

<added on edit>
    One thing to mention: You may notice on the side view a toggle switch that's mounted below & to the left of the cradle. I added this to cut the power to the kit. My truck's electrical system is exceedingly noisy & even with a ground loop isolator from Radio Shack installed, I occasionally get a high-frequency squeal when the cradle is powered on. I leave it turned off unless I need to charge the Treo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tdhood; 11/05/2004 at 01:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tdhood
    Pictures of install attached. Note that this setup uses the ProClip mount that is not a part of the G2100 kit. The sound quality isn't bad - considering that my truck is extremely loud (diesel). Callers tell me that there's no echo, but if I'm sailing down the interstate at 70, there's way too much ambient noise to use the kit.

Audio is tied into the CD changer port of the factory stereo using an adapter from RCAInput. This is a much better-sounding solution than the FM transmitters, but did set me back $70.

tdh

<added on edit>
    One thing to mention: You may notice on the side view a toggle switch that's mounted below & to the left of the cradle. I added this to cut the power to the kit. My truck's electrical system is exceedingly noisy & even with a ground loop isolator from Radio Shack installed, I occasionally get a high-frequency squeal when the cradle is powered on. I leave it turned off unless I need to charge the Treo.
    Nice clean install. How did you power the unit? Is that the 12V cord that came with the 2100? If so, do you have it plugged in to an existing lighter outlet or did you create another one? Does the 2100 not require power other than to charge the Treo?

Thanks for all your help.
    ksawatsky : i powered my G2100M with the "Hardwire cable" sold by Seidio to power directly from car's power
    the G2100M needs power only to charge the Treo
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I don't see that cable on their site. Can you provide me a link?

Found it at the end of a search!
    Last edited by ksawatsky; 11/06/2004 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Found it!
    Quote Originally Posted by ksawatsky
    Nice clean install. How did you power the unit? Is that the 12V cord that came with the 2100? If so, do you have it plugged in to an existing lighter outlet or did you create another one? Does the 2100 not require power other than to charge the Treo?

Thanks for all your help.
    I bought the direct power cable from Seidio, but spliced it into the 12V plug that came with the G2100. It's all powered from a 3-way lighter outlet I've got hidden under the dash. I've got a few other widgets that require power as well.

I can confirm that the G2100 does function fine without external power. I'm not using it with a GPS, though - so your mileage may vary.

tdh
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Hi

we do not have the GPS adaptor cable for Delorme USB earthmate yet, we are working on it. I will be available in 3-4 weeks. However, we have the DIY cable available now which allows you to custom-make the GPS adaptor cable for your receiver. We also can provide the pin layout for RJ-11 connector on G2500 if you need it.

Seidio
    Hi. I just bought the G2500 for my Treo 600. I had to get the DIY GPS adaptor cable since I did not see one for the Delorme USB Earthmate -- the quote above said that it would be available months ago. Does anyone have the pin layout for Earthmate to RJ-11? Thanks.
    Anybody here use the (T600) Seidio G2100H Car Kit with the cigarette lighter option? If so, would ya need Pro clip or some other bracket as well? Or is everything you need in the box?
    http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...=CK4AG21HTR600

The reason I'm going this route: Once the latest Treo comes out late this year/early next (2006), I plan to buy a more high-end car kit (probably ThB) with a custom install. For now, I can live with practical and messy!
    ###
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678