Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    To all who have ordered this car kit:

Has yours shipped yet? When did you place your order?

tdh
    To anybody who does not work for this company (Seidio) and has had interaction with Seidio:

The G2500 looks like an interesting product but there are too many negative comments about Seidio here.

Can you trust Seidio? Is the product of good quality? Have you been able to contact them when needed?
    So far I feel very uneasy about their service and reliability.
    wow, i was looking at getting one of these, until i read this thread. anyone know of a good car kit? BTW-one month later, has anyone even recieved thier unit yet? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    wow, i was looking at getting one of these, until i read this thread. anyone know of a good car kit? BTW-one month later, has anyone even recieved thier unit yet? thanks
    Hi Folks,
    I ordered a 2500 for my Treo 600 yesterday morning, and I already received notice that it shipped, and I received a FedEx tracking number for the package. I just checked the tracking number on the FedEx site, and apparently my order is actually en-route (in Dallas now from Houston). Of course, at this point I don't know what's actually in the package - I am hoping that it actually contains the 2500 I ordered, and not just a bunch of foam peanuts. It's being delivered 3-day select. I'll keep you posted if and when it arrives.

Eagerly awaiting my Car Kit,
    Eric

BTW: does anyone know if there is a SDIO GPS receiver compatible with the 600? If the SDIO slot is used for the GPS, would I be limited to the 600's internal memory to store maps? If there are no SDIO units, does anyone have any advice on which mouse GPS receiver I should get?
    i think there is no SDIO GPS for Treo 600 and maybe would never be ...
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Update here:

I received my car kit (G2100) yesterday. (yay!) First major problem is that my Treo doesn't fit in the cradle. It goes down about 1/2 way, but doesn't make full contact with the "connector" piece. I called Seidio today and the gentlemen I spoke to suggested that I try putting the Treo in at a "different angle" to make better contact. I'm very skeptical that this will work, as I played with it for quite a while last night without success. If I can't get it to work tonight, then I guess I'll be sending it back to Seidio.
    Also, for those of you who use E-Grips, I really doubt that the Treo will fit in the cradle without removing them. It's a very snug fit, and unless I just have a bum cradle I don't see how it would fit with the E-grips attached.
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    Doh!

I just ordered one.
    I hope it works!

Thanks Minsc!
    LLARSON
    Treo 600, 650,700P, 755P and iPHONE
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Well, just as I expected, I've spent some more time tonight trying to get my Treo to fit in the cradle with no luck. Obviously no one bothered to test the product to see if it would actually work - which is fairly astounding.
    Although to be honest, I really wasn't expecting the product to work - given the history of this car kit and the company itself. So I'm not really surprised. Frustrated, though, to be sure.
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    I have mine coming tomorrow the G2500 so I hope it is somehow different.

What is the return policy for Siedio I never checked?
    LLARSON
    Minsc : i think none of the existing car kits will accept Egrips !!

i received G2100M and H and G2500 and my Treo 600 fits well (but not perfectly < it's not very easy to put the treo in them but after some time trying i've understood how to do) but i have not tried any of them in my cars yet : i hope to have some free time this weekend
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    I received my G2500. The Treo 600 fits into it easily and securely.

The car mounting kit is not all that great so I think I will have to invest in a Proclip mount.

I took the side panel off and ran the external mic from my visor down the side of the door and then under the dash to the cradle. I used the Vent Mount, see above about the mounting system, and powered up the system.

I received three calls and all three had the same issue. The voice quality from the speaker in the cradel is fair. The problem is there is so much of an echo that callers hear their own voice seconds after they are done talking.

I have not contacted Siedio to see if they have a solution but all three callers said they could not continue the call due to this echo.

I am loading the Palm One Car Kit Update but the update says it is for the Bury THB car kit issue so it may not solve the problem.

If all else fails I will try to see if a pro-install might solve any issues.

I have not tried the GPS hardware as I do not have any GPS software.

RECAPPING

1) Mounting hardware 4 out of 10. ProClip seems to be a better solution.
    2) Treo fits fine in the cradel not a problem 8 out of 10.
    3) Set up was easy but unless the spot you plan to mount the cradel is close to the power source the lighter cable along with the external mic cable will be hanging all over. 7 out of 10.
    4) Sound quality from speaker okay 6 out of 10 but the echo callers hear is awful and as I said all three of the calls I took could not continue. 2 out of 10.

I will update you all when I have loaded the Palm One car kit update and see if that solves the echo issue.
    LLARSON
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I was contacted by Seidio today and they are sending me a new cradle. Apparently the first batch of cradles didn't fit properly with the Treo, so that probably explains my issue. I'll post back once I get the new cradle and have a chance to test the product.
  13.    #133  
    Hi LLARSON,

1) Mounting solution - Seidio offers different mounting solutions from Proclip. They are air vent and windshield mounting solutions. It really depends on the personal preference and car interior. If you like Proclip mounting solution, you can just order the mounting plate from Proclip, then you can screw our plate (the one with four holes) on the Proclip plate. You can then use our swivel adaptor and G2500.

4) Sound quality - Echo problem. G2500 should not have any echo problem. Is your Treo 600 CDMA or GSM ? Typically, you will get the echo when the external microphone is not used or is not actviated. Did you put the 2 in 1 switch on G2500 on "phone " mode. Putting the switch on "music " mode will cause "echo" problem. PLease check again.

Let us know if you have any more question.

Seidio
    Quote Originally Posted by Toksook
    Hi Folks,
    I ordered a 2500 for my Treo 600 yesterday morning, and I already received notice that it shipped, and I received a FedEx tracking number for the package. I just checked the tracking number on the FedEx site, and apparently my order is actually en-route (in Dallas now from Houston). Of course, at this point I don't know what's actually in the package - I am hoping that it actually contains the 2500 I ordered, and not just a bunch of foam peanuts. It's being delivered 3-day select. I'll keep you posted if and when it arrives.

Eagerly awaiting my Car Kit,
    Eric

BTW: does anyone know if there is a SDIO GPS receiver compatible with the 600? If the SDIO slot is used for the GPS, would I be limited to the 600's internal memory to store maps? If there are no SDIO units, does anyone have any advice on which mouse GPS receiver I should get?
    Hello People,
    I received my 2500 yesterday! After some of the negative messages on this site, I was skeptical that I would receive it at all, so I was INDEED pleasantly surprised when I got it only 3 days after I ordered it (and I ordered it 3 day select shipping).

I have spent an hour or so using it thus far - placing and receiving a number of calls, and I'm fairly happy with it. My 600 fits nicely into the unit, and I have no complaints about the vent-mounting hardware that came with the kit, which I am using (it's one of several mounting options that come with it).

My only real complaint is that the sound quality from the integrated speaker is only fair - but adequate nevertheless. I may wind up taking advantage of the option of hooking it up to my car stereo speakers for better sound. I WAS surprised that the unit didn't come with any instructions or paperwork (not that I couldn't figure it out myself).

I don't have a GPS receiver yet, so I haven't tried the GPS port. I called Seidio yesterday and was told that within the next couple of weeks, they will be offering a GPS cable that will allow us to hook up our Treo 600 through the 2500 car kit directly to a Garmin ETrex GPS! Those are Garmin's line of inexpensive portable handheld GPS units. The most popular of which, a relatively compact yellow base model with an integrated LCD screen, could be had for under $100 bucks. See it here: http://www.garmin.com/products/etrex/ I figure that instead of spending $100 or so on a wireless GPS receiver (which I could only use in my car), I'll get myself a base model ETrex. That way I can hook it up to my 600 and get some mapping software for in-car use, and I would still be able to use the ETrex alone for outdoor activities. Any thoughts?

Eric
    are you saying you could use the Etrex with the maps and software in the treo 600 and actually see the directions in your map on the treo 600 screen?

How much did you pay for the 2500?
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    I am trying out the G2500 with the GPS unit and Mapopolis today. I am driving around No VA and Washington Dc to see how it works.

Should give visual, written and audio directions.

Will post results later tonight.
    LLARSON
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    Hello all,

I have been trying out the G2500 and here are my thoughts,

MOUNTING
    As I stated earlier the mounting kit is okay. I tried the vent mount and hated it so I am using the suction cup window mount. I have it positioned in the center of the windsheild and the cradle rests on the dash.

I have run the mic along the bottom of the windshild under the lip of the dash up to the side panel. I then ran the cord under the side panel to the visor. The mic hangs just on the lip of the visor.

The GPS receiver is zip tied to the flexeble arm of the mounting system. I the used the suction cup that comes with it to mount it at the bottom of the windsheild.

TELEPHONE USE
    The Treo slides in easily and sits securly in the cradle. When a call first connects after dialing I do get a hum which I take to be some sort of feedback.

I did have a problem at first with a very bad echo that callers heard. That has not happened again. I did upload the CAR KIT software from Palm even though it says it is for the THB Bury kit only?

The small speaker work okay for listening to calls and most callers have no problem hearing me.

It is hard to dial when mounted to the windsheild so I have ordered a ProClip mounting system to bring it closer and lower to me while driving.

GPS SYSTEM
    I downloaded Mapopolis and some maps and took off on the road. The GPS unit works great. Started Mapopolis and loaded maps for DC and Northern VA.

Mapololis will load maps that boarder each other so you can travel from one map to another with out having to load a new map. This does take up RAM and since I usually have only 5 megs availble on RAM -IF SOME ONE CAN HELP ME FIND FILES TO TRIM OUT I WOULD BE MOST GRATEFUL - the 2-3 megs the maps use is fine.

Mapopolis will unload the maps from RAM when you close Mapopolis.

There are other threads on how to use Mapopolis so I will not get into that other then to say it works great with the GPS receiver that comes with the G2500.

So far so good I will keep everyone informed.
    LLARSON
    regarding echo - did you have switch in mp3 or phone mode?. any body know what does the car kit prc does - the rhb kit has some dsp
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    Hello again,

Well the echo has made a return. The hum I mentioned in my earlier post is gone but the echo has returned.

I do have the switch in the phone position as I have a IPOD I use for MP3.

Any thoughts?
    LLARSON
  20.    #140  
    Hi LLarson,

The only time you will get the echo is when the external microphone is not activated (the Treo 600 internal microphone is still on). Please move the switch to the music mode and back to the phone mode (to the far right) to see it clears up the echo. Please verify the external mic is activated. If it is and you still get the echo, contact us immediately at rma@seidio.com

Seidio
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast