Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    fortin, it is not hard to tell you work for seidio in one way or another, otherwise why would you be sticking up for them?

My product is custome made, not home made, which means each one is made to very high standards and each one has been tested before it is shipped to my customers. I have not had one return of my car kit yet.

Why do you keep putting down my product? The answer is obvious.
    In response to fortin:

so why do you post on a public place if it's only between you and Seidio ??
    Because this is their preferred method of communication. Read this thread.

sorry but i don't know the problem you had with Seidio ...
    Again, read this thread.

for me it's wasn't true ... they answered all my question very quickly ... i think Seidio wants to communicate with users that's why seidioseidio posts on this forum ...
    No, they post on this forum because they see it as a free place to advertise. Show me one example in TC where Seidio has addressed and resolved a customer’s issue.

I am glad that you have not had any problems dealing with Seidio. That is the way it is supposed to be. And for a lot of customers, I am sure that is the way it is. But from reading the threads here on TC it is also obvious that it is not that way for a few.

Hopefully the product is good, because the image I have of the company isn't real positive...
    I have dealt with a company before that treated me similarly, and I hate shifty return policys like that. They mess up, and we get the shaft.
    It's been 11 days now, and it still hasn't shipped. I just called Seidio a few minutes ago to confirm this. Why it hasn't shipped is baffling; I have no idea what they're doing down there but it's making me nervous.
    Obviously there is a rep from Seidio that trolls these boards. Let me tell him/her now: you people will never see any money from me....EVER. Congratulations, without a doubt the single worst customer service experience I've ever had.
    It was blatant negligence and rudeness on the part of your employees. Want to make it up to me? ...those that ignored every email I sent (I've still yet to receive any return email from anyone at Seidio).
    Stop pissing in my ear and telling me it's raining.
    Seems more and more people are cancelling their orders so Seidio you should act before everyone on this board thinks your company is trying to pull something.
    This is no excuse for this product to be handled so poorly.
    As customers we’re not just here to give our money to Seidio and go away. We expect:

1) products as advertised
    2) customer service
    3) courtesy

When #1 is true, the deal is done and that’s that. But when #1 fails to materialize, Seidio seems to throw #2, and #3 out the window.

This forum exists to exchange information, ideas, and experiences. And that is what we’re doing. I am sorry if you don’t like that.

Again I will ask: "where did I go too far?" and "what do I need to prove?"

You made those statements
    to dudemasicus : you have gone too far this time : you say things which you cannot prove, so please stop (and remove things which don't have to be posted on a forum) or i'll have to ask admins to ...
    now tell me what you mean and I'll fix it.
    Last edited by dudemasicus; 09/24/2004 at 02:24 PM. Reason: forgot TO:
    llarson :
    "I would like to know if Siedio has put these units through some sort of testing." << i think they have been testing the carkits they received and they found that there was a problem : that's why they didn't not send any to users (i suppose !)
    "And why is Fortin making the pitch for Siedio and not Siedio themselves." << plz write fortin with a small "f" and i don't even know why i do answer at Seidio's place ... maybe because i like what they do and because i'm in contact with them about their products
    "I await a response from Siedio" << i hope you will get one (i can only hope ...)

newtreouser :
    "fortin, it is not hard to tell you work for seidio in one way or another, otherwise why would you be sticking up for them?" << i'm just a users, nothing more, i'm not payed by Seidio (maybe i should ? ^^ ) and they do not ask me to do that !
    if you want, we can continue the debate about your products by email (fortin81 (at) hotmail (.) com) because it's not the post where we have to do this and i have a lot of things to tell you if you want my opinion and if you want to improve
    Quote Originally Posted by fortin
    ... if you want, we can continue the debate about your products by email (fortin81 (at) hotmail (.) com) because it's not the post where we have to do this and i have a lot of things to tell you if you want my opinion and if you want to improve
    As a participant in the forum I wish you would not take your discussion off-line... the point here is to exchange... perhaps create a new thread... but not off-line.
    dudemasicus : i don't know if this forum is their prefered method but i think it's a good way to talk with users (i like this way)
    "free place to advertise" << maybe but they are not the only one to do that !
    "Show me one example in TC where Seidio has addressed and resolved a customer’s issue." << i don't think it's possible to solve a problem through the forum but i remember they often tell people to contact them by email to solve problems
    "But from reading the threads here on TC it is also obvious that it is not that way for a few" << i think only people who have problems post ... but i agree they are too much !
    "But when #1 fails to materialize, Seidio seems to throw #2, and #3 out the window." << sorry but i do not know why they do not answer
    "And that is what we’re doing." << you are too much agressive ! that's why i don't like that !

sorry i went too far because i was irritated of you said ...
    Quote Originally Posted by fortin
    "And that is what we’re doing." << you are too much agressive ! that's why i don't like that !

sorry i went too far because i was irritated of you said ...
    Fair enough... I'll tone it down a bit. Just don't like being told that I have gone too far without an explaination.
    i'll maybe make a new post one day (don't have enough time now) to tell what i don't like in newtreouser's products

thx dudemasicus
    Can we all just wait until the product is available so this thread remains somewhat relevant. A lot of us are interested in the product, but threatening to take your business elsewhere and demanding things probably isn't going to make the product available quicker. If anything, it will expedite the process which may let faulty product into the field. None of us, Seidio or the users, want that. Let's just be patient.
  9.    #109  
    We appreciate all your feedbacks and they have helped Seidio in becoming a better company. In the meantime our engineers are working diligently to resolve every issue. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Seidioseidio
    Fortin works for Seidio and the company does not look very serious. Rather wait for a serious company and pay a little more.
    lol lighitis : i do NOT work for Seidio !
  12.    #112  
    Hi,

I want to confirm Fortin does not work for Seidio. I can speak for Seido because I own Seidio. Seidio is a very serious company and fully commit to develop, manufacture and market the most innovative accessories for Treo. Looking at our 2 in 1 headset line, you will see what I mean. I agree there are still so many things we need to learn to become a "perfect" company. We are trying very hard everyday to achieve this goal. For all the feedbacks we received either from emails or from this forum, we take it as the constructive ones which help us in becoming a better company.

As to the car kit, we are solving some manufacturing issues. I do not want to ship any product which has the deviation from our standard. This car kit has been tested many times during the develoment stage. The concept is sound. Unfortunately at the last minute, we detected some issues which we can not compromise.

Sorry for inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

If you have any question, please address directly to me. dsc@seidio.com
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    My order has shipped! Whoohoo!
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc
    My order has shipped! Whoohoo!
    I called Seidio and they are AGAIN taking orders but they are testing the stock they received.

They are not shipping ANYTHING until later next week.

When some one gets one of these in their hands let me know.
    LLARSON
    Treo 600, 650,700P, 755P and iPHONE
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Well I got a FedEx tracking # from them and everything, so SOMETHING is on its way to me I'll give a full report once I get it and have a chance to test it.
    i hope to get mine in some days (max 4)
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc
    Well I got a FedEx tracking # from them and everything, so SOMETHING is on its way to me I'll give a full report once I get it and have a chance to test it.

Let us know when you get it. Will be interesting to see if they shipped it when they told you they would.

I wonder why the person on the phone told me I could order but that they are not shipping for another week.

Please, let us know when you get them and what you think.
    LLARSON
    Treo 600, 650,700P, 755P and iPHONE
    Hello Everyone,

I just got a Treo 600 yesterday through Verizon. I'm new to the PDA world and am looking forward to joining it (I'm not quite sure, though, whether it will simplify or complicate my life). I've waited until now to enter the PDA world, because I dreaded the idea of keeping track of where I placed both my cell phone and a PDA. Now, with some decent smart-phones on the market, like the 600, I won't have that problem (only one device to keep track of!)

In any case, I have a few question regarding car kits, particularly Seidio's 2500 and PalmOne's OEM model. I'm hoping someone here may have some answers.

1) I have read some negative words about the OEM car kit. Has anyone had any experience with it? I Would appreciate your comments.

2) Is it possible to hook up a Treo 600-compatible GPS to your Treo if the Treo is attached to the OEM car kit, or does the car kit get in the way of doing so? If you can use a GPS with the OEM car kit, what brands will work?

3) Besides price and a GPS port, what are the advantages of Seidio's 2500 over the OEM car kit?

4) Is there presently a bundled package for Seidio's 2500 together with their GPS unit? If so, what's the cost?

5) I understand that Sedio's GPS unit does not come with mapping software. Does anyone have any recommendations for decent mapping software (North America) that is compatible with the Treo 600 & Seidio's GPS? (the program would need to provide turn-by-turn navigation voice prompts).

6) Finally, I have a couple of weeks in which I can still exchange my Treo 600. I might consider this and opt to wait for the 650 if it won't be too much longer before it comes out, and if its not that much more expensive that the 600. Is there a release date for the 650 yet (a Verizon-compatable version)? Does anyone know at what price it's expected to come out at?

I'd appreciate any and all guidance you could provide!

Regards,

Eric
    Toksook :
    first of all : welcome to our world

1) i think PalmOne's accessories (incl car kits, styli, ...) are basic it means that they only do one thing and maybe not the best way

2) sorry i don't know

3) just have a look at http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...2DSMGF1HSTR600 and at http://web.palmone.com/products/Prod...012&cat=310007 and compare by yourself

4) GPS in Box for Treo 600 should be available soon (don't know exactly when) for $269.95 (=GPS receiver + G2500 + soft Mapopolis)

5) maybe mapopolis is the soft you are looking for

6) i think the 650 won't be available before at least the end of october and it should be more expensive (as 600 is about 300€ today, i think 650 should be about at least 600 or 800€ (?)) < we still don't have any official information
    Fortin,

Thanks for your answers!

Eric
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast