Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    What is the return policy on this? How long do we have to try it out to see if it meets our needs and if not, will you return for a full refund?
    They say you have two weeks to return products. But as I found out here, that is not always the case. And if you have any problems, come here first. With the exception of one phone call (of five that I made) and one email I received from them, they seem to prefer handling all of their customer service issues right here in the TC forums.
  3.    #63  
    Hi Jennings,

You have 14 days to return the products. This will be always the case. If you have any questions, you can contact us by email

service@seidio.com
    RMA@seidio.com

or you can contact me directly dsc@seidio.com.

For the questions posted in this forum, we will answer your questions either through this forum or by sending you a private message.

David Chang
    Product maketing Manager.
    Seidio
    any idea if the car kit updater improves performance of this seidio hands free kit

I just ordered a 2100 model but I am assuming I may have an echo issue - in that this kit is really a hardwire docking station with no dsp/software . maybe with an external mic things are improved but was wondering if the palm1 update would have a postive effect?

spaner
    spaner : i'll tell you as soon as i'll get it
    Quote Originally Posted by dudemasicus
    They say you have two weeks to return products. But as I found out here, that is not always the case. And if you have any problems, come here first. With the exception of one phone call (of five that I made) and one email I received from them, they seem to prefer handling all of their customer service issues right here in the TC forums.
    Thank you for posting that. I have dealt with a company before that treated me similarly, and I hate shifty return policys like that. They mess up, and we get the shaft. I am glad you took the time to post all of that on the forum. I can see now that Seido has in no way tried to remedy the problem at hand. I was going to be purchasing a headphone/headset combo and a gps cradle system, but now I will be definatly doing buisness somewhere else. Good day to you ^_^.

-Colleen 0_o
    seidioseidio - I am interested in purchasing but concerend about the microphone quality. My car has a fair amount of background noise and I want to make sure the microphone can cancel that extraneous noise. What are your thought on that? Can I see a picture of the microphone and ear piece?
    David,
    On the 2500 carkit....does it have the output to automute the radio when a call comes in? I have a 2003 Lincoln Towncar.

Thanks,

Bill...
    So, who's ordered one? Whose items have actually shipped? Anyone actaully got theirs yet? If so, what are your thoughts? Mine's on backorder & I'm mondo impatient.

tdh
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tdhood
    So, who's ordered one? Whose items have actually shipped? Anyone actaully got theirs yet? If so, what are your thoughts? Mine's on backorder & I'm mondo impatient.

tdh
    I've ordered one, in fact I'd be willing to bet that I was the first person to order one (on 9/3/04) since I had to actually call Seidio to have them update the website to allow the product to be ordered. (at the time it still said "available 9/3" even though it actually was 9/3...)

It's been 11 days now, and it still hasn't shipped. I just called Seidio a few minutes ago to confirm this. Why it hasn't shipped is baffling; I have no idea what they're doing down there but it's making me nervous.

I also love the fact that whenever I call (at least 3 times now) I get a message saying, "the extension you are trying to reach is unavailable. The system is at full capacity, please contact the system administrator." Seems to be par for the course as far as I'm concerned.
    seidioseidio - I am interested in purchasing but concerend about the microphone quality. My car has a fair amount of background noise and I want to make sure the microphone can cancel that extraneous noise. What are your thought on that? Can I see a picture of the microphone and ear piece?
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc
    I've ordered one, in fact I'd be willing to bet that I was the first person to order one (on 9/3/04) since I had to actually call Seidio to have them update the website to allow the product to be ordered. (at the time it still said "available 9/3" even though it actually was 9/3...)

It's been 11 days now, and it still hasn't shipped. I just called Seidio a few minutes ago to confirm this. Why it hasn't shipped is baffling; I have no idea what they're doing down there but it's making me nervous.

I also love the fact that whenever I call (at least 3 times now) I get a message saying, "the extension you are trying to reach is unavailable. The system is at full capacity, please contact the system administrator." Seems to be par for the course as far as I'm concerned.
    Well let me tell you I definately sympathize, but take consolation in the fact that you're situation could be even worse. How do I know this? Let me tell you mine:

I ordered the 2100 along with a retracble stereo headset, sync and charge cable, and foldable cradle. That day I got an email from someone named Maggie Xu asking which GPS I would be using with the 2100. I stated none at the moment, but possibly planned to buy a Seidio GPS at some point.

After a week goes by and I've yet to receive the order, I check my order status on the website to see that it's still "pending". I email the individual mentioned above to ask for a status report. No response. Email the next day, again no response. Third time's a charm right? Wrong, the third email in as many days illicits no response. Now I email the general customer service address. Two days goes by, still no response.

At this point I decide to pick up the phone, and here's where it gets even worse. The representative that I speak with claims an email was sent. She's either mistaken or lying as I've checked my inbox, deleted items, and spam filtered messages. Nothing. She has the gall to claim it's my fault, insults me (I won't go into it here), and hangs up on me.

Needless to say I called back and canceled the order. Obviously there is a rep from Seidio that trolls these boards. Let me tell him/her now: you people will never see any money from me....EVER. Congratulations, without a doubt the single worst customer service experience I've ever had.
    dudemasicus : it's sadly for you to have experience such problems with Seidio : i never had any problem with them ...
    and ej25goddess : it's sadly for you to believe that Seidio has a bad return policy : it's not worth than other companies
    i also want to add that Seidio is nearly the only company to make so much and so good accessories for Treo 600

dgelfuso : i think the answer about the mic and earpiece is on this picture : http://www.seidioonline.com/photos/SMGHFTR600-DG-4.jpg

Bill Mixon : sorry but i don't know yet how does the G2100 connects to the car's audio system ... (the G2500 sould not connect to the car's audio system i think ... but i'm not sure)

tdhood : i hope i will receive mine soon (maybe next week)

Minsc : you want everything to be as it should be (as me) but everthing is not as easy as we would like; it seems that Seidio is having some problems with the release and with it's calling system ... just give them some time (i think after 2 weeks you can begin to worry )

treo007 : strange that you have received an email from Maggie Xu because she is the "Web administrator" ... this maybe means that they have to much work to manage ... very strange that someone insulted you ... very bad for seidio ...
    the "rep from Seidio" is seidioseidio and i think he will be very sad to read your post ...

i'll try to get some answers for all you
    fortin: it's sadly that you think you can log in and post as though you are no connected with Seidio - you're not fooling anyone (Mr. Rather?) I KNOW you have a bad return policy because you failed to honor it. Took me for about $100.00. As a matter of fact, my project here is about to wrap up and I'm going to have a few weeks off. Seeing as how we're both in Houston, I think I might just file in small claims court here in Harris county if for no other reason than to post the judgement on TC.

Face reality, if you screw customers, they are going to *****. And if you refuse to communicate in any other manner than a public forum, they are going to ***** in a public forum (had you returned any of my phone calls, this would not be public right now).

You chose the media...
    treo007 : strange that you have received an email from Maggie Xu because she is the "Web administrator" ... this maybe means that they have to much work to manage ... very strange that someone insulted you ... very bad for seidio ...
    the "rep from Seidio" is seidioseidio and i think he will be very sad to read your post ...
    He won't do anything about it... but he will be sad.
    dudemasicus : i'm sorry but you are wrong about me : i'm not working for Seidio : i'm just connected with them by email (since 2 months ! = since i bought a 2 in 1 headset from them ...)
    you wonder why i answer things like my last post ? maybe it was too much "pro" Seidio but i know them a little bit more than you and i think they are only in good about them for now ...
    i can tell you exactly why they don't want to talk to you but i think if you call them and if you speak as you post on this forum it is normal that they don't answer you ...
    (btw : i'm in France ...)
    sorry, i maid some mistakes in my last post (and i can't edit it cause i'm on mobile) :
    - i said "i think they are only in good" but i wanted to say "i think only in good"
    - i said "i can tell you" but i wanted to say "i can't tell you"
    dudemasicus : you said : "He won't do anything about it... but he will be sad." because i said he will be sad : i said it because i couldn't say he'll do something for him because i don't know anything about it ...
  19.    #79  
    Hello Treo007,

We are sorry that things have been rough for you and we understand that you are just trying to set things straight as we are trying our best to assist you. As a matter of fact, you are correct. We don't have an excuse for the delay in your order, however, we do always take our customer service as our priority. In addition, our goal is to develop the most innovative products with the best customer service we can provide. Unfortunatly, we made a mistake on your order and we hope you can give us a second chance to correct it.

Seidio
  20.    #80  
    Hello dgelfuso,

Our microphone is good. Since we don't know the loudness of your background noise we will not be able to provide you with a definite answer.

Seidio
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast