Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lghitis
    Is the 2500 the one that is good for the treo 600, with GPS ready adn MP3, for $199?
    From my understanding, they're both compatible with GPS/MP3. There are two versions of the 2500 on the website - one with GPS ($200) and one without ($120) - both of which have been "available soon" since January.

While the 2100 is compatible with a GPS receiver, it differs from the 2500 in that a) it's not offered with a bundled GPS and b) it does not include a speaker like the 2500 does.

tdh
    Which one is the one that comes with the GPS receiver and all you need is to buy the GPS software?
    Which one is the one that comes with the GPS receiver and all you need is to buy the GPS software?
    This one comes bundled with GPS. To answer your question - I suppose, but can't say for sure.

tdh
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I finally called Seidio today to try and order the G2100. (the website still said "available 9/3) The woman I spoke to said she'd call their webmaster to update the website. 1/2 hour later it looks good to go. I'm going to order it today!
    I just called to buy the cradle and nobody is available for sales, and trying to leave a message, it says the system capacity is full.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I just called to buy the cradle and nobody is available for sales, and trying to leave a message, it says the system capacity is full.
    I got this same message too, so I eventually pressed "0" to get the operator who finally got the webmaster to tweak the page to allow you to order it online. Kinda scary huh? Hopefully the product is good, because the image I have of the company isn't real positive...
  7.    #47  
    Hi,

Our phone system was very busy on Friday. Sorry we have missed some of your calls.

G2100 does not come with built-in speaker like G2500. For those who are interested in setting up the GPS system by using G2100, Seidio will release a full package later on, which includes 1) G2100 2) GPS receiver 3) Navigation software. The release date is about 9/17.

For those who are interested in the integrated speaker type (G2500). We plan to make it available by 9/17 for CDMA version (Sprint and Verizon). GSM version will be a little bit later.

Thank you very much for your interest and patience we really aprreciate it.

Seidio
    Is the G2500, the same as the G2100 with integrated speaker? What's the difference in price?
  9.    #49  
    Hi Lghitis,

Yes, basically G2500 is same as G2100 except the integrated speaker. The price for G2100 is $ 79.95 and G2500 is $119.95.

Seidio
    Seido,

Will you have a similar device ready to market when the Treo 650 Ace comes out? I can imagine there will be a large user base upgrading to the Ace when it is released. Sure would be great business for you to have the first car kit for the 650 on the market!
    What about the G2500 with GPS receiver?
  12.    #52  
    Hi jjennings,

Thank you very much for the encouragement. We will work very hard to bring the Treo 650 accessories including car kit to the market as soon as we can.

Seidio
  13.    #53  
    What about the G2500 with GPS receiver?

It will be available when G2500 becomes available on 9/17.

Seidio
    Seidio - I am very much interested in the 2500... I've left several messages on your board but haven't got a reply - Are you going to offer any other cables in addition to the 1's you do now? I have a Delorme USB Earthmate...
    seidioseidio : G2100 seems to be available on seidioonline.com and not on seidio-europe.com : when would it be able in europe ?

Edit : Here is the answer : It will be available in about one week
    Last edited by fortin; 09/05/2004 at 07:53 AM.
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomMacD
    Seidio - I am very much interested in the 2500... I've left several messages on your board but haven't got a reply - Are you going to offer any other cables in addition to the 1's you do now? I have a Delorme USB Earthmate...
    Hi

we do not have the GPS adaptor cable for Delorme USB earthmate yet, we are working on it. I will be available in 3-4 weeks. However, we have the DIY cable available now which allows you to custom-make the GPS adaptor cable for your receiver. We also can provide the pin layout for RJ-11 connector on G2500 if you need it.

Seidio
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by fortin
    seidioseidio : G2100 seems to be available on seidioonline.com and not on seidio-europe.com : when would it be able in europe ?

Edit : Here is the answer : It will be available in about one week

Hi Fortin,

G2100 will be available in our European site one week from now. allowing our office in Madrid, Spain to receive the product.

Please check your email inbox for my reply.

Seidio
    Is it possible to use the carkit with the GPS, outside the car, like when you are on a golf course or just walking?
    lghitis:
    1) i think a car kit is maid to be used in a car ^^
    2) G2100 should be connected to the mic and to car's audio system so i don't think you would be able to unmount it quickly
    3) for the GPS you 'll probably need a 12v power but if you have a gps with a battery you can use it outside the car
    The new garmin 3200 coming out next month ( http://www.cnet.com/4520-7379_1-5464733-1.html?tag=next ) , (cheaper than the 3600), may be cheaper than buying the extra accesories for the car kit for GPS, if this is a priority and is portable.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast