Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    We just need a XM SDIO Card! :-)
    I talked to seidio today to inquire about the new car kit with GPS receiver for $199, and I was told that they are working in a package to include also the software, possible with mapopolis, for another $99 or so and to be released first week of september. The software can be acquired independently if one wishes.
    Any comments?
    This maybe a silly question but what's that jack on side of the picture do? It looks like either a phone or ethernet jack.
    I travel a lot and I like the way this looks. I already use mapopolis, so I want the GPS package. Here is my question. If I understand correctlly it has no speaker. Is it set up to use you FM radio, or do you have to have something else to make it use your FM radio?

Thanks

ROS
    For the G2100, there is no speaker. But it has an audio out so that you can connect it with a FM transmitter, Cassette Adapter or using the aux input to connect to your car stereo.

Seidio, inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInfo
    The Jabra AC adapter that I currently have is this:

Output: DC 6v 300mA
    - --> "outside ring"
    + --> "inside post"

I do not have the car charger that Jabra sells but I would assume it's power output would be the same ??? Also if your output is only 5V, and the Jabra MAY require 6v, wouldn't we still be able to use a cable to attach the cable to the Jabra bluetooth dongle to charge it but it just would not charge completely or would take a longer time to charge ?

Talking about the Jabra FreeSpeak BT200. I would need to attach the bluetooth dongle unit of the BT200 to the Treo 600 bottom Audio jack, but since your car kit already uses that port, I would assume I can attach my bluetooth dongle to the car kits Audio port? I would like to continue to use my BT200 with the Bluetooth dongle to talk and listen to my conversations and not have to use a cable or anything, hence the Bluetooth capability. :-)

I also have the egrips original stuck onto my Treo 600
    http://www.egrips.com/catalog/produc...ba19d4f07499ed

Will I still be able to slide my Treo 600 into the G2100 ? Or is your cradle very tight on it's sides and back where the egrips would get stuck and not slide down? I know a LOT of people use the egrips since the Treo 600 is so slippery!

Hi,

If the Jabra is using a 6V input, our Cradle may able to charge the headset. But we cannot guarantee the charge and the performance.

For our G2100, we have the 2-in-1 function built-in. On the cradle itself, we had splitted the audio out and the external microphone into 2 different jack. This means that you may not be able to use the Bluetooth or regular headset with the cradle. What you can do is to install the external microphone and use a FM transmitter to boardcast the phone conversation or the MP3 music to your car stereo.

We had not tested the G2100 with the egrip on... but it should not be any problem with it.

Seidio, inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc
    My biggest question is: Are you SURE this works with the CDMA Treo600? The THB/Palmone car-kit didn't work properly for months due to a software bug on Palm's end. Palm's version 1.2 software update was supposed to include a "carkit" driver which would enable the CDMA version to work with car kit's such as THB's. Unfortunately, the driver didn't work. Anytime there was an incoming call, you would have to physically remove the Treo from the car-kit, answer the call, then put it back in the car-kit again. (see this thread for all the gory details: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=50528)
    I believe Palm ended up releasing a patch to fix the car-kit driver to those who had purchased the THB product.

Will the Seidio car-kit be affected in the same way? Have you tested incoming calls to make sure it works??

Our G2100 design is different from the PalmOne OEM car kit. We had the 2-in-1 circuitry built-in to the cradle. There is no software involved between the car kit and the Treo 600. We are using the design on the headphone jack. The Treo itself will detect what kind of handsfree jack is plugged in, is it a "Stereo headphone" or a "hands free mono headset", to determine where to have the Stereo sound or phone conversation to output to.

Therefore, the issue on the OEM car kit will not appear on the Seidio G2100 car kit.
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    In addition to the above question that needs to be answered, I have one more: Am I understanding correctly that incoming calls will only play over the Treo speaker and that you need an FM transmitter to use the car speakers?
    Our G2100 has an audio output jack built in, you will need to connect either a FM transmitter or cassette tape adapter or an aux input from your stereo to the G2100 in order to transmit the sound from the Treo 600 to your car stereo. Since the G2100 doesn't come with a built-in speaker, the hands free function will not be completed until you transmit the sound from the G2100 to the car stereo.
    Quote Originally Posted by manielse
    I love the idea of this car kit but why do all cradles assume we don't have cases? I know they want a secure fit but but many hi-end users that would buy a cradle like this would most likely also use a case such as Vaja.

Also, will this cradle shut the power off if no treo is in the cradle? In other words, do I always have to remember to unplug this from the lighter to avoid a dead battery? The standard car charger does not but others like the one from i.Trek do. This would be ideal especially seeing as the GPS and FM transmitters don't need power when the Treo is not docked.

Nice job as this seems to be the best car kit so far Seidio!
    Hi Manielse,

We are sorry that our design did not include the idea on customers using a case with the Treo. Since there are so many different kind of cases on the market and with different thickness, we are not able to make a cradle that fit all the cases.

For our current design, the Cradle will not shut down by itself when there is no treo on the cradle. We will absolutely consider this for our future model.

Thank you very much, we hope that you like our products.

Seidio inc.
    I have not used mapopolis. Is the resolution in the treo 600 good enough or is it low quality?
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxm33
    Our G2100 design is different from the PalmOne OEM car kit. We had the 2-in-1 circuitry built-in to the cradle. There is no software involved between the car kit and the Treo 600. We are using the design on the headphone jack. The Treo itself will detect what kind of handsfree jack is plugged in, is it a "Stereo headphone" or a "hands free mono headset", to determine where to have the Stereo sound or phone conversation to output to.

Therefore, the issue on the OEM car kit will not appear on the Seidio G2100 car kit.
    Thank you for the response, I look forward to the G2100 becoming available!
  12.    #32  
    Hi Manielse,

The jack you mentioned is RJ-11 jack, which is used to connect GPS reciever. You can plug the GPS receiver directly into the G2100 for charging and connecting to Treo 600 without the additional Y cable. More pictures will be availabe soon.

Seidio
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxm33
    Hi Tdhood,

Yes we are in Houston, but unfortunately, we do not have a store front for customer pick up. All our orders will need to be shipped out directly from our warehouse.

If you are in Houston, it should not take more than 2 days for you to receive your package from the ship date.

Thanks

Seidio, inc.
    The package should not take more than two or three days if you are in Houston. But if it does take longer... longer than, say, 14 days, then then Seidio will not honor their 14 return policy... their clock begins when the first piece of the order is shipped, not when the last piece of the order is received by the customer. So I got stuck with a product that I was unhappy with becuase they backordered the power adapter which I failed to received for more than a month. They would not let me return the partial order, and then would not let me return the whole order because it was passed 14 days.
  14.    #34  
    Hi Dudemasicus,

Seidio is commited to develop and manufacture the accessories for Treo 600 users. Our goal is to make our customers happy with the products he or she purchase from us. Please contact us RMA@seidio.com today to return the products you purchase from us.

I apologize for any misunderstanding and inconvenience this may have caused.

David Chang
    Product Marketing Manager
    Seidio
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Hi Dudemasicus,

Seidio is commited to develop and manufacture the accessories for Treo 600 users. Our goal is to make our customers happy with the products he or she purchase from us. Please contact us RMA@seidio.com today to return the products you purchase from us.

I apologize for any misunderstanding and inconvenience this may have caused.

David Chang
    Product Marketing Manager
    Seidio
    Thanks.... and I appreciate the effort. But after being told "NO" over the telephone, I feel that the time for returning my order is passed.

You policy of addressing issues in public forums (only) seemed odd to me, but that is the way you want to handle things... that's fine. Under those cirrcumstances, I don't think it is unreasonable of me to discuss what my personal experience with Seidio has been.

My experience may be an isolated case... I am sure that there have been many more that have had satisfactory dealings with your company. But it is what it is....
    Not to put any pressure on you, but it appears the 650 (according to postings elsewhere) has a different connection configuration. I'm putting off my purchase until I upgrade and Seidio releases the model comatible with that Treo.
    Better get the design team crackin'. Maybe the next one could include an FM transmitter built in.....maybe....please.....I'd pay more to have one less thing to connect.
    Geek.....me????!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment, geeks run the world after all!
    This went from 'Available 9/3' to 'Available Soon' back to 'Available 9/3' today but it still can't be purchased today. What's up?
  18.    #38  
    Hi lb 505,

Today, we did the final update on our site. We added more pictures and information for this item. It will be available for purchasing later today.

Seidio
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Hi lb 505,

Today, we did the final update on our site. We added more pictures and information for this item. It will be available for purchasing later today.

Seidio
    Do you have a specific date for the 2500 series car kit (the one with the integrated speaker)?

tdh
    Is the 2500 the one that is good for the treo 600, with GPS ready adn MP3, for $199?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast