1.    #1  
    Ok, I've searched these forums and haven't found my issue, which scares/surprises me, but here it is.

I live in Indiana, so we are EST without observing DST.
    I work for a company with its HQ in Chicago which is CDT (does observe DST).
    All reoccuring meetings scheduled by somebody in Chicago (or atleast with the CDT time zone on their computer) show up in my palm WRONG for 1/2 the year, but are correct in Outlook all year long. For example I have a mtg every Wed at 7:30 am, yet my palm ALWAYS shows it as an 8:30 mtg (which is correct for EDT but not for EST!).
    I've got a Treo600 and use the Network for setting my time/time zone. This happens both in standard Datebook and KeySuite/Date as I downloaded the trial to see if it fixed my problem (haven't tried DateBk5 yet)

Please help as I'm getting tired of being late to meetings have the damn year!

Bryan
    Quote Originally Posted by bsenseman
    Ok, I've searched these forums and haven't found my issue, which scares/surprises me, but here it is.

I live in Indiana, so we are EST without observing DST.
    I work for a company with its HQ in Chicago which is CDT (does observe DST).
    All reoccuring meetings scheduled by somebody in Chicago (or atleast with the CDT time zone on their computer) show up in my palm WRONG for 1/2 the year, but are correct in Outlook all year long. For example I have a mtg every Wed at 7:30 am, yet my palm ALWAYS shows it as an 8:30 mtg (which is correct for EDT but not for EST!).
    I've got a Treo600 and use the Network for setting my time/time zone. This happens both in standard Datebook and KeySuite/Date as I downloaded the trial to see if it fixed my problem (haven't tried DateBk5 yet)

Please help as I'm getting tired of being late to meetings have the damn year!

Bryan
    You need to get DateBk5! It is the (or one of the only) date programs that uses the standard palm DatebookDb and has built-in support for multiple timezones. The standard palm datebook does not have the ability to adjust itself to changes in timezones. DateBk5 will automatically adjust zones if you are a Sprint customer!
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    i've got a similar question. I've got "meetings" set for tv shows i like to watch and other things that happen at the same time each week. So let's say i've got a reminder for CSI: Miami on Monday at 10pm. When i travel to the other west coast (CA) i change the time zone on my treo 600. What happens then is that my appointment moves to 7pm. WHY?? i don't want my 10pm appt to show 7pm. am i missing a simple little setting? this doesn't make sense to me, if i set an appt for 10pm, it should stay at 10pm, no matter what the time zone right?
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste