Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    did some searching on forums, looks like SanDisk is in the 220 range and PQI is upper 290's and transcend is over 300.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...9&page=1&pp=20

i've noticed the pqi seems a little "thicker" than the Sandisk card i used to have and stays in the treo better - anybody else notice this? less likelihood of falling out?

here's another valuable link. Thanks to kazinvan for this.

http://heller.ca/cgi-local/palm/cardspeed.cgi
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    It's back to $100.99 shipped

That's where I got mine
    -Craig J.

Visor Platinum -= Clie T615CS -= treo 600 -=treo 650 -= Tilt
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. "
    -Douglas Adams
    Just got the PQI card from newegg for 99.99 including FedEx express saver shipping. Late to the party but great deal nonetheless! Thanks for the info.
    Had mine for about 2 weeks now and it's worked great. I run a a backup once a day and have a crapload of MP3's loaded onto it. The thickness is perfect. I have to push it twice to remove it. My Kingston protruded from the top and came out by the slightest graze. This card sits well inside the Treo.
    Well I finally got my 1 GB card from Surpluss computers. I had it shipped to Central Florida and I guess in the aftermath of hurricane charely and francis, it was delayed by usps congestion or whatnot...but it still took them over a week from my initial order for them to ship it!! Alas, I finally have the card in my hands and I can't wait to move everything over!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Just ordered one for $96.00 from newegg --> $104.91 shipped with CA tax!

Don
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Has anyone opted for the Extended Warranty (at Newegg.com)?
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    Has anyone opted for the Extended Warranty (at Newegg.com)?
    Compare the cost of the warranty to the expected cost of a replacement after the short warranty expires. Keep in mind that solid-state devices tend to fail early or not at all.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    The cost is $7.68 and would result in a 2yr warranty. The biggest problem seems to be lost cards from popping out and I doubt this would be covered. I think I'll pass.

Since this is my first SD card purchase I would like to verify that the PQI model for the item being recommended is AE11-1030-0121. Is this the one?
    Digi4me is selling the PQI 1GB SD card for 94.00 (on sale)

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/digi4me/trorpqi1gbse.html

shipping cost:
    2-4 Business Day + Insurance $19.99 S&H (around 2-4 business days)
    4-6 Business Day + Insurance $14.99 S&H (around 4-6 business days)
    7-9 Business Day + Insurance $6.99 S&H (around 7-9 business days)
    9-11 Business Day + Insurance $4.99 S&H (around 9-11 business days)
    11-13 Business Day $3.99 S&H (around 11-13 business days)
    7-14 Business Day + Insurance $9.99 S&H (For APO/FPO/HI/AK)

or buy.com is selling Sandisk 1GB SD for 103.99 including free shipping

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...1&loc=101&sp=1
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    The cost is $7.68 and would result in a 2yr warranty. The biggest problem seems to be lost cards from popping out and I doubt this would be covered. I think I'll pass.......
    This thread suggests that this card is less prone to pop out than some others. I bet they make a lot of money at $7.68. At the rate at which prices are falling, one might expect to buy a gig for $40- or less in 2 years. I remember when one could not cool a gig for a day for $100-.

I like extended warranties on cars; for other things, I know that I am well ahead of the game for not buying them. Refrigerators and washer/dryers rarely fail and require little maintenance. By the time my TV failed, I replaced it with one ten times better for less than the cost of the extended warranty or the cost of repair. When my microwave failed, it was not possible to find a new one that cost as much as the warranty. I may replace a consumer or computer device but, as often as not, I do without.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Got it from Newegg.com for $96.99 out the door.
    newegg is selling the 1gb for 90 bucks plus .99 shipping total $90.99
    Quote Originally Posted by laney
    newegg is selling the 1gb for 90 bucks plus .99 shipping total $90.99
    $70- by Christmas?
    hmm.. good point, but by then they might be selling this 'supposed' 2gb rumor...
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    $70- by Christmas?
    Memory cards will be dropping in the coming weeks, started by Sandisk. Others will follow.

Has anyone experience any slowdowns (listening to MP3s or watching DVD movies) on Sandisk 1GB cards (reg ones)? How about Lexar 32x 1GB? The prices are 109.99 CDN and 178.99 CDN, respectively.
    You can get a Sandisk 1Gig card for $59 after $20 rebate at Fry's Electronics/Outpost.com
    You can get a Sandisk 1Gig card for $59 after $20 rebate at Fry's Electronics/Outpost.com
    umm.. I went to the website, and the price is 69.99 after 20$ rebate (actual total is 89.99)... are you sure it was 59$??
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Any slowdowns/skips on the regular Sandisk 1GB when playing back MP3s/movies?
    Wow, Panasonic 1GB cost 369.99US at Fry's. I would like to get a Panasonic but the cost is just too expensive. I have their 256MB and haven't experienced any problems or slowdowns.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast