Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    I just got my PQI 1GB SD card from Digi4me. It cost about $115.49 including taxes and shipping. I transferred everything from my SanDisk 256MB and added a few more MP3 albums. I've now got 20 CDs, a bunch of programs, 6 e-books, and a video clip on the new card and there is about 90MB left. This is pretty cool.

Here's a VFSMark comparison of the two cards:

VFSMark Results PQI 1Gb

File Create: 546%
    File Delete: 485%
    File Write: 34%
    File Read: 157%
    File Seek: 406%
    DB Export: 107%
    DB Import: 381%
    Record Access: 326%
    Resource Access: 312%

VFSMark: 306

VFSMark Results Sandisk 256 Mb

File Create: 77%
    File Delete: 42%
    File Write: 27%
    File Read: 94%
    File Seek: 287%
    DB Export: 26%
    DB Import: 233%
    Record Access: 196%
    Resource Access: 205%

VFSMark: 131

So, the PQI card appears to run laps around the Sandisk card. I can verify that using the card also seems to be noticeably faster with no issues so far. At this point, it would seem that the size of built-in RAM is not a big deal. Life is good.

Paul
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Hmm Gfunk, I got my confirmation the same day from surplus... but i went to the website that they list in the link to check confirmation of status and it was on hold - I waited until today to write them and cancel it - since i got the 7-10 day shipping it was 10 days after i ordered - i figured they would put it on HOLD until they actually shipped it , unfortuantely i dont think that was the case. I ordered from newegg early a.m. for $103. oh well, write me when you get the surplus/amamax card. thanks
    sledgie
    Dude! go to newegg! I caught it at $99, they didn't charge for shipping, and I got in in 4 days, including the weekend!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    Hmm Gfunk, I got my confirmation the same day from surplus... but i went to the website that they list in the link to check confirmation of status and it was on hold - I waited until today to write them and cancel it - since i got the 7-10 day shipping it was 10 days after i ordered - i figured they would put it on HOLD until they actually shipped it , unfortuantely i dont think that was the case. I ordered from newegg early a.m. for $103. oh well, write me when you get the surplus/amamax card. thanks
    sledgie
    Where's the link to verify order status? I have not gotten my confirmation and I ordered on on 8/25.
    $98.99!!!!!!!!!!!! SCORE! Finally got it
    Just got it for $98 also (not including the CA tax), so that's good enough for me! It is still cheaper than my 512 was!

So what is the trick for copying all the stuff from my old 512 card if I use a new name on the new card? Will apps find the files?

This list rocks .. thanks guys.
    I got home and in my mailbox is the package from Surplus Computers. I have ran the following test with results as folow:

VFSMark Results:
    Fiel Create: 559%
    File Delete: 492%
    File Write: 50%
    File Read: 160%
    File Seek: 421%
    DB Export: 112%
    DB Import: 387%
    Record Access: 323%
    Resource Access: 312 %
    VFSMark: 312

Card Speed:
    Wrt32bit: 75 bytes/sec
    Wrt8KB: 96376 bytes/sec
    Read8KB: 609637 bytes/sec
    It says the same message as my SanDisk 256Meg card: Card Speed is OK, Avoid > 11KHz PCM.

Looks relatively better than my Sandisk 256Meg.

I will post this results in kazinvan's site in the "Enter your Card Speed and VFSMark results" thread in this SD IO Cards forum.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 09/03/2004 at 09:13 PM.
    I just received my SD card from Surplus today. Haven't had the chance to use it yet though since my darling husband downloaded a lovely virus yesterday so I have had to rebuild my PC over the last 24 hours plus exchange my Treo 600 for one that is hopefully working.... although that is yet to be determined since I am once again on the phone with tech support trying to get my PCS vision working. Once I get it working, I will have to go reinstall everything to see how I like the SD card.
    Quote Originally Posted by jenamiles
    I just received my SD card from Surplus today. Haven't had the chance to use it yet though since my darling husband downloaded a lovely virus yesterday so I have had to rebuild my PC over the last 24 hours plus exchange my Treo 600 for one that is hopefully working.... although that is yet to be determined since I am once again on the phone with tech support trying to get my PCS vision working. Once I get it working, I will have to go reinstall everything to see how I like the SD card.

Living with people is difficult. I hope that your marriage is strong enough to survive this. However, I have a niece who is a divorce lawyer. Let me know if we can help.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Newegg has it again in the under $100 range

ronbo - as for link, I entered my email when i placed my order, i got the confirmation immediately showing me the link to check my order status, since that day the order has still been ON HOLD and they CLAIM after 10 days if it stays on hold the order will be cancelled.
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    So what is the trick for copying all the stuff from my old 512 card if I use a new name on the new card? Will apps find the files?
    I used card export and copied everything to the desktop from the old card and copied it back to the new. Took awhile because of the mp3, but everything seemd to have worked.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Just bought mine!!! Grand Total: $98.99
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    FYI!!!! New low price of $69 bucks for 1 GB SD card after rebates!!!!!

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=3960168

Don't know the speed, but it's dirt cheap!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    crap speed but good for mp3s and such
    actually i should call it "normal speed"
    I just got my 1Gb card from NewEgg! It is so beautiful to see 975Mb Free, rather than the 13.8Mb free I had with my 16Mb Nokia card! lol....

Now I need to figure out how to run the stats on the card!
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    I just got my 1Gb card from NewEgg! It is so beautiful to see 975Mb Free, rather than the 13.8Mb free I had with my 16Mb Nokia card! lol....

Now I need to figure out how to run the stats on the card!
    You remind me of the small boy who likes things in bunches that he does not need one of. Rather than figuring out how fast it is, why not figure out what you are going to do with itl
    In the words of Jeanine Garafalo's character in Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion, "F%$* Off Toby"

I figured out how to run the VSF test
    My 1Gb card from NewEgg showed up this afternoon. I chose standard shipping and it was delivered FedEx using 2-day service.

The first order of business was formatting the card and I used the Card utility on the Treo to do that as well as name the card.

Used a USB SD card reader to copy everything from my old 512Mb card onto my laptop and then copied all of that back to the 1Gb card using the card reader. I use PowerRUN and had to delete all of the old shortcuts and create new ones because of the card switch (PowerRUN keeps up with the names of your different cards).

Total upgrade time to do all of that was less than 20 minutes (my 512Mb card was pretty full). Full of what, you ask? Stuff - ebooks, pictures, mp3, programs i rarely use, etc.

Trying to figure out what to do with the extra 512Mb card - put it in my digital camera, use it as backup for the Treo, give it to my wife so she can use it in her mp3 player (which accepts SD cards), or sell it...

jd
    Quote Originally Posted by joedom
    My 1Gb card from NewEgg showed up this afternoon. I chose standard shipping and it was delivered FedEx using 2-day service.

The first order of business was formatting the card and I used the Card utility on the Treo to do that as well as name the card.

Used a USB SD card reader to copy everything from my old 512Mb card onto my laptop and then copied all of that back to the 1Gb card using the card reader. I use PowerRUN and had to delete all of the old shortcuts and create new ones because of the card switch (PowerRUN keeps up with the names of your different cards).

Total upgrade time to do all of that was less than 20 minutes (my 512Mb card was pretty full). Full of what, you ask? Stuff - ebooks, pictures, mp3, programs i rarely use, etc.

Trying to figure out what to do with the extra 512Mb card - put it in my digital camera, use it as backup for the Treo, give it to my wife so she can use it in her mp3 player (which accepts SD cards), or sell it...

jd
    I can hardly imagine that you will get more for it than FedEx and eBay.
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ist&sku=311830

Who's going to get it so we can compare vfs scores?
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast