Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    So is it under $100 ANYWHERE again? I'm refusing to buy until it goes under $100 again :P
    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...214-208&depa=0

as of approx 11:30am Wednesday
    Last edited by sjjones; 09/01/2004 at 05:45 PM.
    OK so when I just checked it is $113
    it's $97 right now!
    That link on sjones post is to a CF card. Good luck fitting that into your Treo!
    I was following this thread before lunch and the price was $117, after lunch it was $113. What gives? Has anyone had a problem with this card? My first computer at my house was only 2gb so I am sure this card will last the life of the treo. Thanks for any help.
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo
    That link on sjones post is to a CF card. Good luck fitting that into your Treo!
    lol! good thing SOMEONE was paying attention!!!!!
    good link (I think), and it is $113:
    Well at the current price ($113) there is a better deal on a card with a higher rating:
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...155-264&depa=1

This card is currently $111 ($2 savings woohoo)
    KINGMAX 1GB Platinum 60X Secure Digital Card, Model SDC-001G3 - Retail

Model# SDC-001G3
    Item # N82E16820155264

I'll wait for the prices to drop again .. but still this is the price I paid for my 512 a while ago!
    What makes the Kingmax better that the PQI card? I am new to this. Has anyone used the Kingmax in a treo 600? Oh by the way the Kingmax is $111 but shipping is $2.49 vs. $.99 for the PQI card so as you say BFD you would save $.50 with the Kingmax. I just want to get a good card! Thanks again for any help.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    PQI is 45x Kingston is 60x slight speed difference
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo

I just saw my mistake, sorry for any inconvience.

Did not make the same mistake when I started this thread! But keep checking this link as the price changes like the "weather"

Stephen
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mike
    I was following this thread before lunch and the price was $117, after lunch it was $113. What gives? Has anyone had a problem with this card? My first computer at my house was only 2gb so I am sure this card will last the life of the treo. Thanks for any help.

If you go a little through the thread you will find card speed's and peoples opinions on the card.(mine works fine)
    Just got my 1GB PQ card from Newegg today. Yeah.

HMMMMM wonder what I can do with the 512mb now......
    me too! can't wait to test it out!

I've been collecting these damned sd cards as they've gotten bigger and cheaper as well. So far, I think I've got two 256, two 512 and now my new 1 gig. gonna have to download a butload of mp3s and movies!!!!
    So, I guess the question is, are these discounted cards as good as say a SanDisk? I saw the benchmark scores posted, but I never really understood what they mean. Is lower better or higher better? I'm definitely in the market for a 1 GB card and don't want to pay a penny more than I have to, but, I really don't want to buy a problem when I can spend a few more dollars on something reliable. I knoiw SanDisk has a lifetime warranty, but I don't know where I stand with these.

By the way, I'm not saying the NewEgg cards are bad or anything -- I'm just trying to make a wuse purchase with my highly limited funds.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Mike Lohsl
    Mobile Evangelist

From The Mind Of Mike...
    Well, I finally got a tracking number from Surpluss computers...whew! Anyway, I'll report back when I actually get my hands on it...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Count me among the sloppy buyers who overpaid at newegg, $120 plus shipping.

But I must say this is a huge improvement and not so long ago similar cards were an unreasonably pricey $300.

I was using a Sandisk Ultra II 256 and was constantly managing my card, and mp3's, forget it!

This card is not theeee best but it's fast enough I can barely notice any difference when opening files from the card or internal ram. For the record, the VFS rating is 236 compared to 273 I got on the Ultra.

So if newegg is selling for $110, go for it!

Christopher
    Sprint T600>firmware 1.2>hardware C>PocketTunes 2.3X>Rescoviewer>Snappermail Enterprise 2.X (with archiving)
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    gfunk and others that ordered from surplus - how long was your order on HOLD from when you actually ordered it? i ordered on 24th and it still is on HOLD
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    gfunk and others that ordered from surplus - how long was your order on HOLD from when you actually ordered it? i ordered on 24th and it still is on HOLD

I'm not sure about "on hold" but I got my order confirmation email on 8/25 and finally got my tracking confirmation email by 9/1.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    It's at $106 now...so I took a chance an ordered it.

making the jump from 256MB to 1GB :-)
    Last edited by RoTTyLr; 09/03/2004 at 02:36 PM.