Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    So this PQI card is 40X or 45X?

How does this compare to what is out there? And really HOW MUCH difference is there with a faster speed card? Trying to decide if I should go with the 1Gb for space or the 512MB Ultra II for speed....

It's tomorrow, and the offer is still valid! :P
    It's only 11:19PM Pacific. The company is West Coast based.
    rrrr missed it
    Been using the PQI card for the past 12 hours...all indications point to a winner! Can't believe it, but it's actually faster than my SanDisk 256MB card!
    can someone do a speed test with the PO1 1gb card. I would like to see how fast it is. it still looks like a good price for$120
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    can someone do a speed test with the PO1 1gb card. I would like to see how fast it is. it still looks like a good price for$120
    I posted this already (34) But, if you don't want read the whole thread.

I got my card minutes ago heres my test results.

VFS Mark 240

writ32 69

writ8 879670

read 595781

Theres No Noticable difference between it and my Ultra 2. I Have been using it for 2 solid days its great
    Last edited by sjjones; 08/26/2004 at 07:56 AM.
    NewEgg is selling them for $99 + .99 cent shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...214-208&depa=0

I just bought mine
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    Here is mine...works good for me:

VFSMark Results
    File Create: 195%
    File Delete: 178%
    File Write: 35%
    File Read: 158%
    File Seek: 406%
    DB Export: 109%
    DB Import: 393%
    Record Access: 323%
    Resource Access: 314%
    VFSMark: 234
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by HailRedskins
    NewEgg is selling them for $99 + .99 cent shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...214-208&depa=0

I just bought mine
    wow, it went back up to 120 just a couple of days ago.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    bit the bullet this time before the price rose or "autonotify" came back!
    $99!
    It's up to $103 now! lol....

I knew I should have jumped on the $97 when I had the chance!
    Just ordered one but the price was $103 total. What the heck.
    What's with this price bait and switch with them? I originally got an auto-notify last week at $97 and by the time I finally filled out their long order form it said "not in stock"! Then I had to wait for it to restock and by then it was up to $110 plus tax and shipping, which I did (total $120). Now today it was again at $97 but by the time I got to the order it was up to $103. I called them and they say they won't match their own low price. Even brick and mortar stores like Circuit City, etc. match low prices.
    Seems NewEgg changes prices quickly. Even at $120, this card is a deal. If that's any consolation to you guys.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    yeah new egg is really busting my chops lately. they seem to price it at $97.... get 100 or so orders in... then say out of stock, auto notify. after 500 ppl sign up, raise price to $110.... have 250-500 order.... then out of stock.....raise it to $120... etc. etc.

i'm very upset by this change in price and pricing pyramid... but what can i do? complain? no proof. this is just my opinion and idea since i've watched this go on for WEEKS now.... not just at newegg but places like office depot....office max...best buy.. they all do it. i've seen deals advertised for 9800 video card for $120.... i go to purchase it with a few minutes of the posting, they are out of stock. i check zip code location, same thing, no one is in stock, for 20 zip codes i list. but guess what? 9600 with 128 megs ram is on sale for $149.95. it's all bs. i haven't found any internet companies follow basic rules because they can get out of it so easy and hard to prove... best buy just got sued for "restocking" old/used items and selling them for "new". unfortunately best thing to do is to eat price. i dont like that card at $120 though, plus shipping. $99-$105 was reasonable. i'm not pinching pennies but i dont like being jerked around either by some of these deals. how many of us go to the website and find it not in stock and then buy the next one higher up for another $15, $20? just because it caught out interest? bait and switch. similar to best buy's recent performance service plan that has been discontinued. both illegal.
    what they need to do is offer some sort of "rain check" and have the advertised price listed as when the offer ends. my local grocery does it. local stores do it. option to buy when it becomes in stock with estimated time of arrival at the same price. that surpluscomputers.com was the best deal though - they advertised it as a ONE DAY SALE and at midnight - price went back to $120 (originally $99). wasn't out of stock at all.
    These guys had it on sale a few days ago at $99 and now it's $119.99
    http://www.softwareandstuff.com/CPM10202.html

I can see how it's wrong if they change the price from the time you add it to your basket to when you check out (the ol' bait n switch). But as far as them changing prices on the fly, well that's just how it is. Supply and demand. I held out yesterday when NewEgg had it at $120. But bought it this morning when I saw the price drop to $99. In my case, it worked out for the best to wait. And obviously NewEgg lowered the price as they probably wanted to sell the item faster.
    it is like a stock buy. i bought in at $99.99.

i got a feeling in 3 months we will be doing this for the 2 gig cards.

isn't this fun.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    it is like a stock buy. i bought in at $99.99.

i got a feeling in 3 months we will be doing this for the 2 gig cards.

isn't this fun.
    I love it. I paid $300- for the first megabyte that I ever bought; with nine like itself, it was the size and weight of 2 bricks. A gig the size of a nickel for $100- is called joy.
    FYI. Now it's back up to $110 again.
    i got one from newegg before it went back up. sweet