Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    lol! i did the same!
    now it's $120!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    they're gonna lose their fan base!
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    It is correcting from a spike down but it is a buyers market. I predict $90- firm by Christmas. 512mb is dead. Ain't it great?

Think about it. If they had not made the low offer, we might never have looked at it. I know that I would have assumed that my SanDisk was faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by ido

$120!! *sigh* forget that... I just did a pricewatch search and you can easily find 1 GB SD cards for less like this one for $103 bucks:

http://www.amamax.com/ad10gbsedica.html

Does anyone know the speed of this card?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    fool! that's what i'm looking at. stop posting these deals! watch, i'll find out speed of card and go to buy and it'll be posted on bensbargains.net or something. i hate that $97 then goes to $110 (which i was GOING to buy but clicked too late) now it's $120. that's just wrong. the digi4me site has horrible shipping... i'll try to find speed of card then post back... it's unfortunate they dont even give you a real sku# or model # or specs
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Read/Write speeds look comparable to 40x cards I've seen. I bought one just because I couldn't pass it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    Read/Write speeds look comparable to 40x cards I've seen. I bought one just because I couldn't pass it up.

Kewl! That sounds good then... I'm itching to get one of these really bad!

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Ok. I hate that I had to pay $110 plus tax instead of $97 plus tax, but at least they ship that thing FAST. I ordered it yesterday morning and it just arrived by FedEx (and I only chose the .99 shipping). So far so good...but we'll see how it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600guy
    Ok. I hate that I had to pay $110 plus tax instead of $97 plus tax, but at least they ship that thing FAST. I ordered it yesterday morning and it just arrived by FedEx (and I only chose the .99 shipping). So far so good...but we'll see how it works.
    We await your report.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    ONE DAY ONLY ENDS AUGUST 25 11:59 New link for $100 SD 1 gb card

http://www.softwareandstuff.com/CPM10202.html

fine print says warranty only 90 days. not sure if it's from the manufacturer of card or reseller that you buy from
    cheers!
    free shipping too

it is 40x speed
    clicky here and you'll see advertisement :shortcut: http://www.surpluscomputers.com

edit:
    Last edited by sledgie; 08/25/2004 at 02:05 PM. Reason: update on website
    jeez, another deal I'm wary of and will kick myself later if I don't take!!!!!!!!!!!!
    arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I picked up that PQI 1G card from someone on eBay. I got an email back that it can take 6-12 days to proccess the order... we'll see.
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    I just ordered from Surplus Computers. Here's what PQI's site says about the warranty. My only question is what they mean by "Modules that were purchased from other end users" and whether that could be a problem down the line.

All memory products carry a lifetime warranty; Memory products are guaranteed to operate for the life of the product, as specified by their datasheet under the operating environment for which they were intended. This lifetime warranty applies to parts that were purchased from PQI-authorized resellers, or were supplied by PQI directly. Authorized resellers are resellers who are listed on PQI's web site at the time of module purchase.

The following parts are not covered by this warranty:

Modules that are missing the label containing our part number
    Modules that were purchased from other end users
    Modules that PQI determines were not manufactured by PQI, i.e., counterfeit PQI modules

The part you return will be tested upon receipt at PQI. If the part is a good part according to PQI's test, it may be shipped back to you, or it may be replaced with an equivalent part. If the part fails PQI's test, it will be replaced by an equivalent (or better) part that passes the test.

Note: Modules with PMI's label will also be covered under PQI memory products warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70
    Available as of 2:20 (EST)...just ordered one!
    I just received my card...up and running. No problems. I will play with it and report about the performance in the next day or so.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    $99.97 with free shipping... today only (08/25)

http://www.softwareandstuff.com/index.html
    120 NOW WITH 99C SHIPPING AND HANDLING. oops caps Temped but might wait till cheaper sicne under $100 before.
    Treo 600-Sprint v1.20
    drigout.textamerica.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dudemasicus
    $99.97 with free shipping... today only (08/25)

http://www.softwareandstuff.com/index.html
    compactflash, dude?
    Just got mine today, along w/ my Seido holster (off of eBay)...big partyin' at my house tonight

Moving stuff off of my 256MB card as I type...let you know if I have any problems...
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    ONE DAY ONLY ENDS AUGUST 25 11:59 New link for $100 SD 1 gb card

http://www.softwareandstuff.com/CPM10202.html

fine print says warranty only 90 days. not sure if it's from the manufacturer of card or reseller that you buy from
    cheers!
    free shipping too

it is 40x speed
    clicky here and you'll see advertisement :shortcut: http://www.surpluscomputers.com

edit:
    Okay... I finally succumbed to what Alan Greenspan would call some "irrational exuberrance" and ordered one of those! Can't wait! Now does anyone wanna buy a 512 MB SD card?

I too, clicked the checkout button. If this works fine, I will sell my 256Meg SD card.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast