1.    #1  
    we bought our 600 back in march/april. worked fine for several weeks, then the ear speaker stopped working---so that you could only hear a caller if you put the phone into speakerphone mode. learned thru some research that this was a common problem with the 600's.

got ready to return the phone to Sprint, when suddenly the ear speaker began working again. Now it works intermittently.

is there a patch for this problem, or has Treo figured out how to fix it--would getting a new phone solve it, or do any of you still have this issue?

thanks in advance!
  2. acg
    I have the exact same problem as of 1 hour ago. At some point, through waving the phone and hitting it against my palm, it worked for a little bit (though I could only hear faintly even then) and now it has stopped working again. Speakerphone works fine.
  3. acg
    Is there some quick and dirty fix for this like the one for the vibration (shake it)? Anything would be worth trying I guess...
    You Guys & Gals are in for a long ride of swapping handsets! Please read my comments from last month.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=54595
    When you do get to the point of replacing your Treo 600. Please demand that you get a model manufactured after the 8th week of 2004! This will, at least assure that you are not sent a refurbished model made in the last quarter or 2003. I believe they took some action to the speaker problem in manufacturing after this period!
    Visor Deluxe (Green)>Treo 180g>Treo 600 (GSM)*>*Treo 650 (GSM)