1.    #1  
    I am using KeySuite 3.0 (includes KeyContacts, KeyCalender, etc.) on my T600.

The caller ID only displays tel # and no name (unless it is in my one touch favorites).

I might need to scrap KeyContacts. Anyone have this working.

BTW, a variation of this message was posted right beform the forum went down the other day. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    The Treo will only use the built-in Contacts (and Favorites) for the caller ID information. To get the caller ID to work properly, you will need to use Pocket Mirror to "sync" to the internal contacts. Actually, it is better to have "Desktop overwrite handheld" set as Pocket Mirror default for the contacts so things don't get screwed up (all the rest can be set to "do nothing" since KeySuite will handle them fine).
    Jeff
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, thats what I thought. A couple of questions.

1. My OEM Contacts program is not showing up in the home apps menu (OEM Calendar and everything else is there) but is does appear in the info screen (actually two "Contacts" show here). So how do I access this app and why doesn't show in the home apps screen?

2. Can I use PocketMirror pro and get the Caller ID names to display?

3. OK to use KeySuite for everything else?

Thanks. Roy
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoroy
    Thanks, thats what I thought. A couple of questions.

1. My OEM Contacts program is not showing up in the home apps menu (OEM Calendar and everything else is there) but is does appear in the info screen (actually two "Contacts" show here). So how do I access this app and why doesn't show in the home apps screen?

2. Can I use PocketMirror pro and get the Caller ID names to display?

3. OK to use KeySuite for everything else?

Thanks. Roy
    1) For some strange reason, Handspring didn't give us a direct icon link to the built in contact database. There was someone on this board that did create a small program that gives you an icon from the launcher. You may be able to find it with a search. I may have it someplace, so let me know if you can't find it and I can try to dig it up.

2) I think that PockeMirro Pro should work fine although I never used it.

3) Yes, KeySuite works fine for everything else.
    Jeff
    This is what I've been doing for a while now. There's no need for PocketMirror Pro (i.e. spending the money) unless you already have it. By setting the PocketMirror conduit that comes with the Treo to "Desktop overwrites handheld" for the Contacts application, you can capitalize on pretty much all the special Treo features (i.e. caller ID name display). Note that if you make a change to your contacts in Outlook or KeySuite, sometimes you need to sync twice to get the changes to appear in the OEM contacts application. A slight hassle, but not worth getting rid of KeySuite in my opinion!
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Keysuite has been updated to solve this issue. See: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=keysuite
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY