1.    #1  
    I use Intellisync (via the Yahoo site) to sync my addresses, dates and memos with my data on Yahoo. It's been working perfectly. A few days ago, it stopped synching properly - no errors - things just weren't synched. I went to the Yahoo site and downloaded a newer version of Intellisync and installed it. (A complete pain because it uninstalls the old version first along with all my custom field mappings... grrr). Now whenever I sync, it does the right thing but also logs me out of Yahoo.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a way around it ?
    Quote Originally Posted by speedwell
    I use Intellisync (via the Yahoo site) to sync my addresses, dates and memos with my data on Yahoo. It's been working perfectly. A few days ago, it stopped synching properly - no errors - things just weren't synched. I went to the Yahoo site and downloaded a newer version of Intellisync and installed it. (A complete pain because it uninstalls the old version first along with all my custom field mappings... grrr). Now whenever I sync, it does the right thing but also logs me out of Yahoo.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a way around it ?
    Have you had any luck/resolution to this yet? I noticed that Intellisync is no longer syncing my memos with Yahoo Notes, so was going to try the new Intellisync, but wanted to make sure there weren't any major problems first.
  3.    #3  
    No resolution at all unfortunately. Those ever so helpful people at Yahoos suggestion was the removal of Intellisync altogether and Intellisync themselves said they couldn't help and to ask Yahoo... sigh... It appears to be just synching notepad entries that logs me out but still very annoying..

Apart from having to uninstall the old version first (it forces you) and reconfiguring the address book field mappings, I've had no problems with the new version.
    Where did you get the new version?. The version I downloaded from calendar.yahoo.com (Sync link) doesn't seem to work. It be great if someone could share a link to the old versoin because it worked for me. The new does not ...it simply says "Unable to log into yahoo. Check userid and password" . And I know the userid and passwords are correct.
    This has been driving me nuts. I noticed that with the old Intellisync, none of the information was being synced from my Palm anymore. I added dates, and memos and addresses. I would get the message "Adding new..." or "Updating..." but when I went into Yahoo to check this, the new item or change were not there (this is true for Calendar, Addresses, and Notepad").

So I tried updating to the new Intellisync. When I click my sync button, my Treo says "Syncing..... Okay, cleaning up." Missed a lot in the middle!!! Like everything! I then went back to the old intellisync (fortunately I still had the install file). I reinstalled that, and while I get a sync, it's the same thing, no new information is sent to Yahoo. I tried the new version one more time and it still isn't syncing. Arugh!!!!!!!

I've been using the Yahoo Intellisync for a long time now. It's one of the main reasons I love my Palm and Yahoo, cuz they stay linked together. If anyone gets any breakthroughs, please let us know!!

cs123, I saw your request here and in one other topic for the original Intellisync install. If you send me your e-mail address (in PM) I'll try to send you the file. However, I'm at work now, and I'm teaching tonight and this weekend (joys of being a motorcycle instructor... working on weekend ) But I'll try to send you the file when I can get to my home computer.
    That is funny because before the new release last week or so I couldn't use it now it works great (new version).
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    That is funny because before the new release last week or so I couldn't use it now it works great (new version).
    I guess it's funny if you are on the end where it works. On my end it isn't quite as funny. Is there anything you did besides a stock install? What's your configuration? Any options you changed? Any crumbs you can throw at us to help??

I sent an e-mail to Yahoo, but they sent an auto reply basically saying their only support for Intellisync is through the webpages they offer, and told how to uninstall intellisync. Makes me think that they won't even read the e-mail I worked out. Gee, thanks for the support there. (and I pay for the extra Yahoo! Services). One thing I noticed is they asked if they can send me customer statisfaction surveys. Yeah, sure, send 'em my way and I'll let you know how I feel!
    Standard install over the top of the old version (it uninstalled it first) on dsl isp with no proxy.
    thanks nighthawk.I got the old version from the intellisync yahoo groups...in the files section.Now Iam able to sync my outlook at work(behind a firewall) with yahoo.and I will test the sync between palm and yahoo today.But the problem for me was definitely the new version.

A lot of other people have complained about the same problem in that group. join that yahoo group and someone might have had the same problem as you and found way to fix it.
    I was told there was a new version of Intellisync available (my current version wasn't syncing up anything anymore). After downloading it, it doesn't allow me to sync up with Palm. When I choose it, the OK button greys out. It's almost like they disabled it on purpose.
    The old intellisync stopped working for me months ago also, and noticed that there was the new one on the Yahoo site. I downloaded and it wasn't working---similar to the problems as described above--so i figured it was just a glitch that they'd work out with newer software. after waiting a few weeks and playing around with my settings, it still wasnt working. It would go through the motions, but it wouldn't swap information. I thought the issue could be my password b/c it's kinda lenghty and has numbers and symbols in it. That's was what was wrong. It works fine now that my password has no symbols in it........my only complaint is that it DOES log you out of yahoo if you're always signed it, and it doesn't let you sync birthdays. So i renamed the Custom 1 and 2 spots "Birthdays" and "Anniversaries" on both the Palm AND yahoo (yes, they let you rename their custom spot now) and just deal with having to log back in. small price to pay for a free service.....
    Last edited by sh9854; 10/10/2004 at 12:32 AM.