1.    #1  
    WHAT software or program could i get that would allow my treo to also be a gps receiver...i really would rather not spend 250 on treo central's gps device...which i hear is rated as "meh"
    thanks
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    There are multiple threads here about different GPS solutions. The iTrek Mapopolis seems to get the best reviews.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cingularguy1234
    WHAT software or program could i get that would allow my treo to also be a gps receiver...i really would rather not spend 250 on treo central's gps device...which i hear is rated as "meh"
    thanks
    I am not sure if you mean turn the Treo into a GPS reciever. If so, this is not possible. You need an external GPS receive that connects to the Treo serial port, and the mapping software and the maps to go with it. The Treo can't act as a GPS receiver.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by temoore
    I am not sure if you mean turn the Treo into a GPS reciever. If so, this is not possible. You need an external GPS receive that connects to the Treo serial port, and the mapping software and the maps to go with it. The Treo can't act as a GPS receiver.
    that is really what i would like to be able to, maybe on the next treo they would do it. i know that some of the new mextel phones have built in gps and i think that could be very useful to me.