Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  

i bought the 14.95 version of pocket tunes.... and when i put the mp3 files in which i want to install to pocket tunes and click my hotsync button not a damn thing happens!!!!!!!!! im getting so frustrated. This is pretty much a a double post cause no one answered me last time! Im doing exactly what packet-tunes.com is telling me to do and the treo 600 user manual and nothings happening!!! PLEASE SOMEONE ACTUALLY REPLY BACK!! I thought thats what this forum was for..... to discuss problems or ideas and have people help you.... so far everyones batting .000

Quote Originally Posted by PimpTwist

i bought the 14.95 version of pocket tunes.... and when i put the mp3 files in which i want to install to pocket tunes and click my hotsync button not a damn thing happens!!!!!!!!! im getting so frustrated. This is pretty much a a double post cause no one answered me last time! Im doing exactly what packet-tunes.com is telling me to do and the treo 600 user manual and nothings happening!!! PLEASE SOMEONE ACTUALLY REPLY BACK!! I thought thats what this forum was for..... to discuss problems or ideas and have people help you.... so far everyones batting .000
    LMAO, you obviously did NOT read the fing manual.

And I quote:
    Copying Audio Files With A Card Reader

To transfer an audio file to your memory card using a card reader, follow these steps:

Insert your flash memory card into your card reader.
    Use Windows Explorer to copy MP3, Ogg Vorbis, or WAV files to the memory card. The recommended location for audio files is in the Audio directory on the root of the card. If that directory doesn't exist, you can safely create it.

It doesn't say ANYTHING about hitting the Hot Sync key.
  3.    #3  
    i dont have a memory card for the treo so im going to install it directly to main memory... so therefor id HAVE to hotsync it ^^ so again..... please someone HELP me
    i dont have a memory card for the treo so im going to install it directly to main memory... so therefor id HAVE to hotsync it ^^ so again..... please someone HELP me
    LOL, I think you'll be the ONLY one doing it that way.
  5.    #5  
    i dont feel like buying more extra crap just to listen to a song.... i can easily delete the files i dont wnna listen to anymore... i just need music to get me by at work. i thought by simply purchasing pocket tunes i would have tunes in my pocket but im assuming i am wrong now cause it sounds like you have to have a card and a card reader. which is absurd to buy all this to listen to music.
    i dont feel like buying more extra crap just to listen to a song.... i can easily delete the files i dont wnna listen to anymore... i just need music to get me by at work. i thought by simply purchasing pocket tunes i would have tunes in my pocket but im assuming i am wrong now cause it sounds like you have to have a card and a card reader. which is absurd to buy all this to listen to music.
    LOL, it's shareware, why didn't you try it before you buy it.

Plus, it's not the software's fault that you can't figure it out.

It might be absurd, but go ahead and take a poll of who has a card and who doesn't.
    You don't need a card reader - the songs can be transferred to the card via a hotsync. Just the purchase of a card it seems... and searching around the forum will lead you to some pretty good deals for them.
    Pocket Tunes won't work without a card, will it? And without a card, you're only looking at a few songs at most anyway, right?
  9.    #9  
    thank u zieak ... but how do i transfer them to my phone..... i have tried numerous time adding an mp3 song to the install menu and pressing my hotstnc button yet nothing happens. right now im not going to pay for a card so i need to know how to install songs on my treo cause what im doing is apparently wrong. heres what i do...
    I open Palm desktop , go to install , go add... mp3 song... click hotsync button and nothing happens..... im so frustrated but now i gotta leave for work and wont be able to find out how to till i get back to my place at 1 am. any help would be appreciated..... besides coryburtons idea. and plus i could care less about a who has a card and who doesnt.... i simply asked a question of how to put a song on my treo 600..... and ur help wasnt lacking help all in all cory.... so ur smartass canned rebuttles are of no use good day.
    and ur help wasnt lacking help all in all cory.... so ur smartass canned rebuttles are of no use good day.
    LOL - somebody woke up on the wrong side
    I thought Treo users got Pocket Tunes for free for registering anyway?
    Forget that hot sync crap. Buy yourself a $10 card reader, plug it in to the USB and drag your mp3s onto the card.
    You cant get more than a song on the internal memory anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    I thought Treo users got Pocket Tunes for free for registering anyway?
    LOL, don't tell him that, that'll totally ruin his day.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    Forget that hot sync crap. Buy yourself a $10 card reader, plug it in to the USB and drag your mp3s onto the card.
    He doesn't want to buy a card. Instead he'd like to be different from everyone else and do it the way in which he can only have 1-2 songs (with no apps). If that's the way he wants to do, then he can have at it.

I'm done with the conversation.

Does it at least try a normal hotsync?
    Or does it do a hotsync and just fail to move the mp3s.
    Is it giving you a message about a log being generated? If so, have you bothered to read it?
    Is it possible that you don't have room in memory for all (or even one) of the mp3s you're trying to sync?

BTW, if I were you I'd try and get a refund, because you should be able to get the standard version of Ptunes for free for registering your phone with Palmone.
    I do think you need an SD card to make the app work. (is it even possible to run the music files on the 600 itself?). Dude, get an SD card, get a card reader, skip the freakin' HotSync process, and get with the program. Pocket Tunes is AWEsome, once you have the clue on what it takes - namely, an SD card.
    I should have realized there was a problem when the standard version was choosed over the deluxe. With the hot sync, you'll have enough space for one N'SYNC. E'mail me at YAHOO AND I'll send you an old 64 meg card that should still have life in it. I'll even put a song or two on it. You'll still need to fork out for the $10 card reader. If your lucky you can find one with a rebate and pay $5. Get a paper cup and ask for donations if necessary. If you could come up with the cost of a treo and a service plan, I can't belive you want to get cheap now.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    I should have realized there was a problem when the standard version was choosed over the deluxe. With the hot sync, you'll have enough space for one N'SYNC. E'mail me at YAHOO AND I'll send you an old 64 meg card that should still have life in it. I'll even put a song or two on it. You'll still need to fork out for the $10 card reader. If your lucky you can find one with a rebate and pay $5. Get a paper cup and ask for donations if necessary. If you could come up with the cost of a treo and a service plan, I can't belive you want to get cheap now.
    LOL, now PimpTwist maybe you'll see the error in your ways and appologize.
    I'm going against policy because this thread is just too much fun!!

I won't tell you to RTFM.

And I won't tell you to visit the Pocket Tunes website and do a search.

Instead I will tell you to check out section 4-2 at http://www.pocket-tunes.com/pockettu...#InstallMemory

Note however it clearly states This is an advanced topic intended for advanced users. If you are a beginning user, please see the previous section and install your audio files using one of those easier methods. so you might be in trouble.

One of those "easier methods" is to buy a SD card. They are what $60 bucks for a San Disk 256meg card.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast