1.    #1  
    What is the best headset to talk on my treo? Everyone complains they can't hear me well on my Treo and a "hands free" option is another benefit..

I prefer the boom mic with noise cancellation.. does anyone have a specific preference? Plantronics, Jabra, ect...

Is the microphone on the treo standard or does it need an adapter for the typical boom mics?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks!
    Mike
    I'm a big fan of the Shure Quiet Spot. Found mine on eBay for around $35. Not sure what the going rate is now. Lightweight, very comfy in the ear, easy to hear people, easy for them to hear me.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pbryon
    I'm a big fan of the Shure Quiet Spot.
    Same here. Works great on my end and people on the other end can't tell when I've walked out of my office and into my vehicle during a call as the mic does a good job of just getting your voice and not all the surrounding sounds.
    I'm another happy Shure QuietSpot owner, and I've only had it a couple of days so far. I got mine from ebay as well.
    I use the Body Glove Sport. Sounds the best I have heard (so far) and is like $17 from BestBuy
    http://www.sprintpcsaccessories.com/.../spbuegs01.gif
    I've tried the Jabra ear gel which is ok, the Platronic's boom Mic and Ear bud which sounds hollow, and finally the Body Glove Boom Mic which makes calls sound something akin to a "Tin Can and String" conversation. I've also tried the Jabra Noise reduction headset and wasn't to thrilled with it so I'd like to try the Shure Quiet Spot but unsure which one to buy. What models are the people who are using them have?

Thanks,

Mike
    The Shure Quiet Spot is a great headset, but with no available Answer/End Button, it is of little use when your phone is in a case. I hate having to take my phone out of the horizontal case I have to answer a call. I hope they come out with an answer/end button model at some point.
    I have had a lot of trouble with the GSM Treo 600, for some reason, headsets to having a buzzing for the other party when I use a headset...its really awful, even the upper price headsets like the Boom and Quietspot
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Paliden
    I've tried the Jabra ear gel which is ok, the Platronic's boom Mic and Ear bud which sounds hollow, and finally the Body Glove Boom Mic which makes calls sound something akin to a "Tin Can and String" conversation. I've also tried the Jabra Noise reduction headset and wasn't to thrilled with it so I'd like to try the Shure Quiet Spot but unsure which one to buy. What models are the people who are using them have?

Thanks,

Mike
    Shure QuietSpot QSH-3 is the right model for the Treo 600.
    Even though I love my Shure, I can echo FollowDan's complaints. There are times an answer/hangup button would be really nice. That being said, its the bets fitting, best sounding one I've tried yet--and I've gone through several, including jabra, body glove, and plantronics.

When I got mine, I paid around $35. This one is going for $26 on ebay. They look identical.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW