1.    #1  
    I'm curious to know what people's experiences are using their GSM and CMDA Treos in New England, primarily in NH and MA.

How's the speed when browsing the internet?

Do you experience dropped calls?

How's the signal strength?
    I have had good luck with sprint in New England. About 100 kbps everywhere from Boston, to the North Shore, Central MA, CT, and NH. Of course it is going to depend on your specific area, but I have few complaints outside the fact that there is no coverage on the T.
    -rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I have used both CDMA and GSM in NE. About the only thing to choose between them is that some Sprint phones have AMPS backup and Sprint has roaming agreements with analog carriers. This is helpful in Vermont and the northern half of NH where (as recently as last Spring) there is no digital (CDMA or GSM) service. For coverage, one still cannot beat AMPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdageek
    I'm curious to know what people's experiences are using their GSM and CMDA Treos in New England, primarily in NH and MA.

How's the speed when browsing the internet?

Do you experience dropped calls?

How's the signal strength?
    I have both Verizon and ATT in the Boston area. The treo is with ATT. I can't speak to NH, but Mass and Conn are quite good with GSM. I was in Southern Maine last weekend and GSM was pretty good there as well. Verizon USED to have the most pervasive coverage, but the differance is shrinking quickly.

Data speed will be better on CDMA (~ 2X).