Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Anyone know how to change the default Snooze time on the 600's Alert function?
    did you ever get your answer??
    I would like to know
    rb
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Nope. Guess it can't be changed... I know I've looked all over and can't find it.

Randy
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy99
    Anyone know how to change the default Snooze time on the 600's Alert function?
    May I ask why you wanted it changed?

or specifically what is it that you want to change? The snooze time of a calendar event?
    On my Treo 300, using Todo Plus, I had many options on how long to "snooze".

For some reason, this is not possible on the Treo 600, you can only snooze for 5 minutes.

The only option is to choose the "go to" button and change the alarm time in the actual items.
    This is why Datebk5 is better than Agendus. I'm not sure what app you are referring to Randy but I've seen all kinds of apps that use the Attention manager to remind you of alarms or events by vibrating/rings/light control but none have a visual that comes up and lets you edit the alarm or snooze it. Bug me is great for this and Datebk5 as well. I haven't used todo plus because Datebk5 incorporates your todo list.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProDucer
    This is why Datebk5 is better than Agendus. I'm not sure what app you are referring to Randy but I've seen all kinds of apps that use the Attention manager to remind you of alarms or events by vibrating/rings/light control but none have a visual that comes up and lets you edit the alarm or snooze it. Bug me is great for this and Datebk5 as well. I haven't used todo plus because Datebk5 incorporates your todo list.
    And Datebk5 was where I was going to send you once i received your answer as to why (or what) you wanted to snooze.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coryburton
    May I ask why you wanted it changed?

or specifically what is it that you want to change? The snooze time of a calendar event?
    Because sometimes, when the Alert pops up, I'll need more than 5 mins, like when I'm in a meeting or when I'm on my office phone during a conference call. I think my my old Treo 300 had a way to change the snooze time for it's popup alerts.

Randy
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coryburton
    specifically what is it that you want to change? The snooze time of a calendar event?
    Oh yes, the Alert function I mentioned at the start of this thread is the thing that pops up with "Alert" in the window title in response to a calendar event, Treo email arriving, etc. It gives you three options... OK, Snooze or Go To.

Randy
    Quote Originally Posted by ProDucer
    Datebk5 is a great calendar but agendus has this feature as well. When the alert for a meeting/todo comes up, you can set the snooze time from the alert pop-up.
    Because sometimes, when the Alert pops up, I'll need more than 5 mins, like when I'm in a meeting or when I'm on my office phone during a conference call. I think my my old Treo 300 had a way to change the snooze time for it's popup alerts.

Randy
    Right, but the thing on the T600 is that "pop ups" means a bunch of things... missed calls, sms, email, calendar, etc.

If it's calendar alerts that you're talking about DateBk5 is the answer. It puts snooze option back into the calendar pop-up.

Next time actually read my reply or I won't bother replying.
    Oh yes, the Alert function I mentioned at the start of this thread is the thing that pops up with "Alert" in the window title in response to a calendar event, Treo email arriving, etc. It gives you three options... OK, Snooze or Go To.

Randy
    Well Gee, Randy it only took you 9 minutes to figure out what my reply actually meant, a new Olympic record (doesn't beat the world record though).

I'm glad that you clarified what the "Alert" pop-up did, I never knew!

Cheese-and-rice! Where do these people come from!?!?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Datebk5 is a great calendar but agendus has this feature as well. When the alert for a meeting/todo comes up, you can set the snooze time from the alert pop-up.
    Well, shoot. I don't want to have to buy these apps just to enable this feature. I've been using the Go To button and just changing the actual calendar entry time or alarm time. Not nearly as easy as the old way of adjusting the Snooze time, but a couple of workaround options nonetheless.
    ~ Zepfanman.com - When you can't find it on Google [my website]