1.    #1  
    Hi,

I would like to install this bit of software on my newly acquired Treo 600. Unfortunatley I cannot register for Music Store because I live outside the US, and hence download the player. Can anyone point in the direction of either an alternate player that I can download or another location where I can download the RealOne player.

Thanks.
    pocket tunes best one out and free when you register with palmone
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    I also recommend Pocket Tunes. It's unfortunate that they are only offering version 2 for free, but you'll be happy enough with it to pay for the upgrade to version 3.

I personally can't stand Realplayer. It's such an offensive install on the desktop, I couldn't stand seeing it on my palm pilot. It very well might be a good multimedia solution for the palm, but I'll never use it.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the replies. What I didn't mention is that I wanted RealOne player, although I am not a huge fan of this software either, to play back video. If there's other software that does video playback, what is it called?
    The only movie player I've used is Kinoma 2. It's free and can be found here
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    yep that i use as well
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    mmplayer is good, but not free
    RealPlayer for Palm does not play video.
    But if you search the boards, there is a link to a zip file of the prc files needed.

I did try it yesterday as a matter of fact. What with their half off promotion for their music store. After using PocketTunes, you'll likely find it a klunky piece of software. Less configurable options, less intuitive, more resource intensive. And reset my treo within five minutes.

So what I did last night was download an album from the RealStore to my pc. Burned it to a CD.
    Then ripped it back to OGG and listened to it this morning in PocketTunes.
    Yeah it's a pain. But for $5. I'm licensed.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for the info people.

Quote Originally Posted by ido
    mmplayer is good, but not free
    do you have a URL for me?
    www.mmplayer.com

but if it's available at palmgear or handado, both sites have discounts going on right now. a quick search on treocentral will give them up.
    MrMas,

You may want to check out these two posts to help answer your questions:

Movies on your Treo

Treo 600 DVD Movies

Cheers, W.
  12.    #12  
    Thanks for the input