Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    With verichat, make sure you set it to use SMS to keep you available during "always on." It helps significantly with battery life.
    Or use version 2.27b or better if you have a GSM Treo.
    the one thing I absolutely cannot stand about Verichat is that after a soft reset it will automatically log you in the the chat servers, whether you were logged in or not before the reset. I love Verichat but it annoys me to no end when this happens. An email to PDA Apps support was ignored.
    With verichat, make sure you set it to use SMS to keep you available during "always on." It helps significantly with battery life.
    yeah, but you still have to connect to the data service to reply. if that's the case, i can just set up aim forwarding and do the same thing without the 3rd party app. i want sms to and from aol AIM service and unfortunately i am on sprint. apparently most other carries have implemented this. what's up sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggersplat
    yeah, but you still have to connect to the data service to reply. if that's the case, i can just set up aim forwarding and do the same thing without the 3rd party app. i want sms to and from aol AIM service and unfortunately i am on sprint. apparently most other carries have implemented this. what's up sprint?
    If you use VeriChat with SMS, the data connection for the reply is automatically torn down when your display goes off after the reply has been sent out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory J
    the one thing I absolutely cannot stand about Verichat is that after a soft reset it will automatically log you in the the chat servers, whether you were logged in or not before the reset. I love Verichat but it annoys me to no end when this happens. An email to PDA Apps support was ignored.
    This is fixed in v2.27b. After poking around in the preferences, I found a new option which allows you to turn off auto connect on resets.
    Where are you guys getting v2.27b from. I have 2.23b and when I "Check for new version" or go to the PDAapps web page it seems like 2.23b is the latest one?
    I'v used Verichat since just after the treo 300 was out. I have the 600 now. All my messges come to me weather data connection is on or not. MSN, AOL, and YAHOO show me as being mobile. If I am not connected, I will get a message and verichat give me options to ignore, chat, or quick text. If I ignore...not data connection is established. But if I choose the others, a data connection is made and message is sent. Pretty handy!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    I consider Verichat one of the killer apps for the Treo. So much so that as soon as they started accepting payments, I bought a lifetime subscription. :-)
    I've noticed the battery-killing constant data connection is a big factor when you are actually in the Verichat application, but if you're in other applications it's much less of an issue... I think when you're in Verichat itself it uses data to keep the contact list, etc. up to date, but when you're not in Verichat it doesn't do much until an SMS comes in...
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I wish they would make it more simply.
    Quote Originally Posted by iJay
    Where are you guys getting v2.27b from. I have 2.23b and when I "Check for new version" or go to the PDAapps web page it seems like 2.23b is the latest one?
    As soon as you go to Verichat it tells you there's a new version out and asks if you want it. This is the best part of v2.xx, the ota update!
    Like Stevo4 I have Verizon w/100 txt messages. Do I need to have a data plan for this to be of any use?
    I mostly use IM at work and this would be great when I travel.
    Sametime - does anyone know if it is
    Verichat does not do sametime.

As for battery life, make sure you make it so that when you turn off the device, it exits the Verichat application (it's in the preferences). On the old version, I took serious battery hits a few times (and missed some calls) because I was in the application when the screen turned off and I didn't know it was still open communicating via data.
    Verichat does not do sametime.

Wrong. My understanding is that VeriChat Enterprise Edition does Sametime, LCS and Jabber and the public IM services. Dunno if a Treo 600 version is available yet, but I have seen a guy on a Blackberry use it.
    Uh, I don't think it's wrong. I didn't even know "Verichat enterprise edition" exists. Can you point me to anything that mentions it? I can't find anything. Furthermore I can't find anything that says Verichat runs on Blackberry. I am not sure you knwo what you're talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo_fanatic
    Wrong. My understanding is that VeriChat Enterprise Edition does Sametime, LCS and Jabber and the public IM services. Dunno if a Treo 600 version is available yet, but I have seen a guy on a Blackberry use it.
    That is terrific news. I'll send Verichat an email requesting more information. Thanks!
    I think he's wrong. There is absolutely no mention of this anywhere on any website, including PDAApps. Indeed, Verichat does not even work on Blackberry.
    I think he's wrong. There is absolutely no mention of this anywhere on any website, including PDAApps. Indeed, Verichat does not even work on Blackberry.
    Now there is. PDA Apps finally did their public launch of Verichat for Blackberry- its on their website.
    Oops, you're right.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast