1.    #1  
    I have the buttons on 600 mapped to phone, calendar, mail, and power. ACT! for palm os keeps taking over the phone and calendar buttons, and I swear it ain't me that is doing this. It happens three or four times a day. Has anyone else seen this happend with ACT or any other similiar 3rd party software? If so how did you correct it?
    Quote Originally Posted by treogrilla
    I have the buttons on 600 mapped to phone, calendar, mail, and power. ACT! for palm os keeps taking over the phone and calendar buttons, and I swear it ain't me that is doing this. It happens three or four times a day. Has anyone else seen this happend with ACT or any other similiar 3rd party software? If so how did you correct it?
    I think Agendus did this. It was an old Kazza'ed copy I have since deleted so I'm not sure if the current version does this.
    Quote Originally Posted by treogrilla
    I have talked with a number of people at Best Software (Act! for Palm), about the problems with AFP on the TREO 600 including the buttons and the 5 way navigation bar, and also about a couple possible upgrades like an email icon next to the telephony telephone icon that would open a designated email program, and they (Best Software) indicated that they have no intention of fixing the problems with AFP as they relate to the TREO 600.

Frankly, to me it is false advertising to say that AFP works with the TREO 600 when you cannot use the main functionality of the TREO .. The 5 way navigation button.

Curt
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    Treogrilla,
    You are not imagining things. ACT for Palm takes over the buttons -- when you try the phone button you get ACT. You can reset these over and over in preferences but it will only work once then gets screwed up again.
    The work around I use is to program the alt-phone button for the phone. That seems to stick but what a pain in arse!
    I put in a thread asking for someone in developers corner to do a fix for act for palm. I asked for the 5 way button to work, Email, and Caller ID.
    After reading this I am going to add the part where the fix should stop AFP from "stealing the phone button".
    Curt
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    BizConn steals a button too. I hate it! (That part of BC, otherwise, it's great).
    Act! (Best Software) Bites... I have been unable to use several programs that interest me due to Act hogging, not one, but two buttons. I am currently encouraging my workplace to abandon this Program due to MANY issues with Best.

They will never see another dime of my money.

john