1.    #1  
    SYNC YOUR POP OUTLOOK "EMAIL / EMAIL FOLDERS" WITH THE TREO600 RIGHT?...sorry, you'd be wrong
    ----------------who's the next victim to be listed here?-------------------------------------
    THOSE WHO DON'T:
    not chapura/pocketmirror - called them, right...nope, no email
    not snappermail - visited website, use SM, luv it, but it's only a client not a sync tool
    not goodlink - MS Exhange only, for $330 a year and for only one email address per device, great only for Mr. IBM company man.

intellisync? yes i hear? but why throw down the money when it should be as standard shoelaces?
    Last edited by modphone; 08/19/2004 at 04:50 PM.
  2.    #2  
    ?
    Last edited by modphone; 08/18/2004 at 11:39 PM.
    It's been a while since I tested it, but check out DataViz's Inbox-To-Go. Not a lot of frills, but it worked. And if you leave it running on your desktop it will sync the mail wirelessly.
    You can try this:

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...utlook+folders

It's old but I know it used to work.
    -------------------------------
    Palm III > Palm IIIxe > Samsung I300 (Verizon) > Tungsten W (ATT) > Treo 300 (Sprint)> Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 650 (Cingular)
  5.    #5  
    Above link doesn't work with Treo600, it seems that DataViz is the only real solution - either InBox to Go or the new Office Suite from same company. Or Intellisync, waiting from confirmation.

http://www.dataviz.com/products/docu...ogo/index.html
    Last edited by modphone; 08/19/2004 at 07:53 PM.
    POP3 isn't designed to be a syncing form of email... IMAP is however and chatter does all that...
    POP3 was designed for you to download messages from the server to your computer and what you do with them then is your business... IMAP allows you to sync folders/messages across different devices, chatter is the only program i'm aware of that replicates changes back to the server - other than goodlink or OneBridge
  7.    #7  
    IMAPY SCHMAPPY - i'm not wishing to sync wirelessly - fees would be to much, i'm sure this is a shared circumstance for many a non-corp user - not to mention that many folks out there don't have any choice we have POP Email

I just want to carry the inbox and sub folders with me and when i wanna check email or send an email via creation of an email by way of reply message

then walla - no hassle with large phone/data bill, no long waiting to sync a ton of email/folders via imap.

I and many a person out there know all about IMAP, but again no one seems to address those of us with POP only and we just want to carry the email and sync with our pc upon return

the cheapest and fastest solution
    Last edited by modphone; 08/19/2004 at 10:13 PM.
  8.    #8  
    I've solved my problem.

In the Email Account Settings within Outlook I have done the now obvious.

Simple, set the email to STAY on the server for at least one [1] day. If I go away without laptop for more than that then I adjust the settings.

WALLA - DONE FINISHED, I'LL JUST LIVE WITH NOT BEING ABLE TO TAKE EMAIL WITH ME - AND CREATE THE SAME FOLDERS IN TREO, TO GIVE SOME SENSE OF SYNC - THIS IS LIKELY REALLY THE BEST POP SOLUTION

Until I break down and buy DataViz, for email syncing, if it even works.

STILL it seems so very silly that ALL these SYNC products - JUST IGNORE EMAIL SYNCING - and if they do sync email in someway - not one speaks of the specifics - not one gives the subfolder detail, screenshot ANYTHING - thus providing the consumer with no confidence unless they can discover word of mouth help and guidance....

pocketpc's call is getting louder and louder - activesync - syncs it all - PLUHEASE - I'M JUST CURIOUS WHY DOES THIS DIFFERENCE EXIST - IS EMAIL SYNC JUST A PAIN IN THE ARSE FOR THE DEVS? must be, no?
    E-mail sync used to be standard on palm. But I think with wireless capability they want to encourage people to use the wireless so the wireless providers can make some money.