1.    #1  
    Is there anyway to map a key that you can press to answer when the 600 rings with a call? Ideally what I'd like to do when the phone rings is press the space bar to answer and then press it again to turn on speakerphone. Anyway of doing this?
    Doesn't the space bar answer an incoming call by default?

I'm pretty sure it does. Or is it that it silences the ringer? There were all sorts of case issue where the space bar was being pressing by flip cases causing incoming calls to be answered. A few developers even released applications to stop this from happening.

I beleive the space also toggles the speaker phone on/off while on a call already too.
    I think the space bar silences the ringer. When the call comes through, it should default to the answer button on the screen . Just press the cursor (centre) button and you'll be able to answer the phone. Then press the space bar and you will get into speaker mode.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by tuen
    I think the space bar silences the ringer. When the call comes through, it should default to the answer button on the screen . Just press the cursor (centre) button and you'll be able to answer the phone. Then press the space bar and you will get into speaker mode.
    That's the way it's working, but I don't like that. I want to press the space bar to answer. Hunting around for the answer button while driving a car is a real pain. With all of the software that has been written for the Treo 600 and all of the customizations available, surely someone has written a program that lets you answer by pressing the space bar.
    The centre button on the 5-way answers calls and hangs them up. My space-bar does nothing. Can it be set to operate the speakerphone.