1.    #1  
    I have a problem where my screen will not shut off after the time selected in prefs/general or profeo lite. I have resently installed callfilter and the new chatter as well as led off, and brightcam. I deleted Butler and profeo trying to track down the issue and have done much searching.

The screen will stay on unless I use the power button to turn it off. If the screen comes on when an sms is suppressed it stays on for example. Very annoying.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

thanks all.

Phil
    just out of curiosity - does it still stay on after you removed Profeo Lite ? I don't believe Profeo should be responsible, because it only sets the stadard PalmOS auto shut off timer once. It doesn't try to keep the screen on in any way. Anyway, if you think it is Profeo, please let me know.

also, have you tested for how long does it stay on - is it just a realy long timeout or forever ?
    Did you use Profeo today ?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by nachon
    just out of curiosity - does it still stay on after you removed Profeo Lite ? I don't believe Profeo should be responsible, because it only sets the stadard PalmOS auto shut off timer once. It doesn't try to keep the screen on in any way. Anyway, if you think it is Profeo, please let me know.

also, have you tested for how long does it stay on - is it just a realy long timeout or forever ?
    Thanks for your response. It did continue after I deleted profeo. Within the last hour I installed profiles and enabled it and the problem stopped. I'm guessing that profiles took over control from whatever was causing the problem. Does that sound right? I'd rather use your program. I like the interface. Do you think now that the issue is gone if I switched to profeo the problem may remain gone? I may try that tomorrow when I have time.

Thanks much!
    Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Thanks for your response. It did continue after I deleted profeo. Within the last hour I installed profiles and enabled it and the problem stopped. I'm guessing that profiles took over control from whatever was causing the problem. Does that sound right? I'd rather use your program. I like the interface. Do you think now that the issue is gone if I switched to profeo the problem may remain gone? I may try that tomorrow when I have time.

Thanks much!
    Phil
    Phil, it does sound right. Profeo is supposed to do the same, but I have tried to take control of the screen lights and adjust the auto-off timer as early as possible after the screen turns on, which leaves the opportunity for another program to overwrite Profeo's settings later. I would imagine that Profiles is taking control a little later than Profeo, which is why it manages to fix this. If this is the case, then if you reinstall Profeo, you may end up in the same situation as before. Please, let me know the result - I can easily modify the program to react more slowly when the screen turns on.

In the same line of thoughts - did you have this problem before you installed the new programs, but with Profeo installed ? (I am just trying to make sure that it wasn't Profeo )
    Did you use Profeo today ?