1.    #1  
    Anyone have an opinion on using Entourage vs. using the programs innate to mac (address book, ical and mail program?
    I like the included Mail, Address Book, iCal and iLife programs, especially the way they are integrated with each other. Entourage may be a good choice is you are a big MS Office user, especially with the Project Center. Eudora is great for search and filters, but has a old interface.
    One thing I like about the Mac Mail.app is that you can search entire messages all at once, including the title, name, content. In Entourage, you can only search one category at a time, and you cannot search content.

Therefore, I can archive my messages out of the inbox into one large archive, and just search for what I need. I have 12,000 emails over the past 8 years, and it always takes just a few seconds.

I used to use entourage, and make multiple folders for different people, and then take the time to sort and search individual folders, but that is old news, I would never go back.
    i have been using entourage instead of the mac apps, because the to do list wasn't showing up on my powerbook- does anyone know if its possible to sync it?
    yes, it is part of the ical program so if you sync calendars, you also sync todos
    Any of you Mac folks using Wireless Sync on Verizon?
    thanks- didn't see that. another basic question- is there anywhere that notes show up on the Mac?
    Entourage sync's palms memos to a notes app. Is there something like that for the mac?
    Psion 3a > Palm Vx w/ Omnisky > Blackberry 850 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Apple iPhone
    I have been using the Missing Sync v4 program for my syncing functions. Might want to take a look at it.
    I've been synching my Treo to Entourage for some time, I like it mainly because it is one integrated app and not several separate ones. I do not use iSynch often, only once in a while to update iPod contacts.

There is a new program out there that synchs Entourage with all iApps and Palm/Treo, on my list to buy (blanking on name at the moment...)
    -mbd26
    Quote Originally Posted by mbd26
    There is a new program out there that synchs Entourage with all iApps and Palm/Treo, on my list to buy (blanking on name at the moment...)
    Are you talking about ScriptBuilders AppleScript called Sync Entourage-iCal?
    Nope, Archie, I meant GoBetween from PocketMac. I have not tried it personally, but it looks like a good thing. Check it out here:
    http://www.pocketmac.net/products/gobetween/index.html

If anyone gets to use it before I get around to it (or already has, for that matter), let us know what you think!
    -mbd26
    I used Entourage and Outlook Express before that, but just this week switched over to Apple's Mail client. It feels faster and I was able to import all my folders and messages from Entourage. I find the integration of the Apple apps with teh system to be a huge benefit. There are some annoying limitations (single address syncing), but overall the integration and ease of use outweighs any missing features. I also use Markspace's Missing Sync and with iSync 1.5 is pretty quick.