1.    #1  
    I'm trying to find the best diet & exercise software. I'm considering Diet & Exercise Assistant http://palmsource.palmgear.com/index...e&prodid=14071
    and Healthetech.com's BalanceLog. I'm sure there are others (http://www.vivonic.com/ comes to mind) that I haven't researched in some time. Any opinions which are best? Anyone know of other's I should check out? Pros/Cons of them anyone?
    I have been using Calorie King for the past 6 months. They have over 15k foods in the database, plus you can customize you own food groups. I lost 26 lbs so far. The other applications either do not have enough food in the database or they are not accurate. Calorie King updates the food database once a week. It is very easy to navigate and track both diet and exercise. I tried several and they do not come close the features calorie king offers. Their website is www.calorieking.com Too many good things to list here.
    I have tried Calorie King, but EVERY time Snappermail tries to do an Auto-fetch, my Treo resets. There's a major conflict here that I couldn't resolve. At least the problem is consistent.
    I am currently using NutriCounter at www.napuda.com. It's a bit more elegant but doesn't have the charting capabilities. Take a look.
    If you have a data connection, you can just log into www.fitday.com. I keep track of all my activities, food, weight, etc right online for free.
    I find that the hacker diet software works well, and the book is useful too: www.fourmilab.com/hackdiet
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Check out the free nutrition database software form the USDA (Yup, for your palm!)

USDA National Nutrient Database

I use it to look up info on the road.

CK is pretty good, too, just costs about $20 more.

-D
    BalanceLog is good but it crashed my Treo. HealtheTech indicated in an e-mail to me (not posted on their website in a FAQ) that they do not support Treo at this time.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I've been using Diet & Exercise Assistant for 2 weeks now. It does everything I need, so far, and it's intuitive. You can edit, add, search, ect. Let us know what you go with.

edit: eep. just noted the original message date. ah well.