Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    could someone do a FAQ for lightwav for those of us that are not very computer literate? A simple step-by-step on how to get mp3, and midi into the treo and working. It would be very much appreciated by many. Thanks for trying to help! (I have tried using the manual unsuccessfully
    i am not sure if you are reading repsonses to your own posts i think many people have mentioned a few times that u CANNOT use MIDI files with Lightwav.
    I have LightWav using MIDI, mp3 and wav files. I use an SD card reader in my PC to move al of the mp3 files to the SD card for LightWav to use. The hotsync utility will (I think move the MIDI's in place for you.) I only use the default one's that came with the Treo. And then I use SoundRec to record custom wav files for LightWav.

Hope this helps....
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    i am not sure if you are reading repsonses to your own posts i think many people have mentioned a few times that u CANNOT use MIDI files with Lightwav.
    Yeah, not really accurate.

The newest Lightwav release DOES support midis.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Yeah, not really accurate.

The newest Lightwav release DOES support midis.
    more accurate would be "claims" to support midis and even then I think in a post to someone that smiley88 suggests to someone to not use midis or rather to use mp3's instead in the for ringers. I think that with all the people having the problems they're having with this program that not using the the midi feature is good advice. I personally bought and have since deleted it and am just waiting for his next bug upgrade. I'm sure the developers have thought of this but I wonder if its possable for these problems to be carrier specific. Just a thought. Since just as clearly as there's guys with problems it also seems to be clear there's some without problems.

Here's the post below, just to be accurate.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I have missed calls all week because of this problem! I thought it was just me.

This part from smiley88:

we are sorry that if you have problems with the midi ringtones. the midi features was added in 3.0 because some users have requested. we were intended to release but did it anyways. in the meantime please use wav/mp3 until the we find the source of the problem.

if you have purchased lwav and want to beta the latest please send email to support@toysoft.ca
    Last edited by Domingo; 08/18/2004 at 02:55 PM.
    Good point Domingo.

I guess an even more valid statment is that Lightwav claims to support midi files but that they work with very mixed results.
    rcyphermd, if you want to use MIDI's, here's a little trick I use. This is NOT for Lightwav though.

1) Upload your MIDI to the SD card using Install Tools and HotSync.
    2) Use Blazer web brower and find the midi. Let's assume your midi is called test.mid

Go to Blazer, and click on the icon that let's you enter the URL.
    Enter file:///AUDIO/test.mid
    Generally, the audio files uploaded to the SD card will sit in the /AUDIO/ folder.

3) Download it and it automatically save your test.mid to the phone's midi library.

4) go to the Phone App and change the ringer to test.mid.

I dumped Lightwav because, as someone mentioned, an app that tries to intercept incoming calls and extract caller id info is prone to cause crashes, resets and to bugs.
    Last edited by rossoneri; 08/18/2004 at 03:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Good point Domingo.

I guess an even more valid statment is that Lightwav claims to support midi files but that they work with very mixed results.
    agreed

sorry I edited my post after a couple had read it, wasn't quick enought but same point though.
  9.    #9  
    thank you for the advice on the midi...will try this evening.

Could someone do a brief step by step for the mp3 for lightwav?

Thanks guys!
    I've had no trouble whatsoever with midis.
    i have used lightwav since i had my treo 600 but i finally disabled it. no more missed calls and phone resets.
    sheesh, I had lightwav as soon as it came out and although there were problems in the beginning... I don't have any reset or missed call problems from it now.
    you don't know if you have missed calls unless you see the phone actually resetting as you get a call. i tried calling myself today to test something and the phone reset. it got me wondering, how many times had this happened before with important phone calls? I realised i didn't get the treo to play with ringtones but instead be productive out went lightwave.
    you don't know if you have missed calls unless you see the phone actually resetting as you get a call. i tried calling myself today to test something and the phone reset. it got me wondering, how many times had this happened before with important phone calls? I realised i didn't get the treo to play with ringtones but instead be productive out went lightwave.
    I have also been having phone reset problems but all of the problems so far have been tracked to 3 utilities: Profeo Light, Beta BrightCam and/or Beta FastForward. The developers of BrightCam and FastForward have put together fixes and Profeo Light is being worked on. I have not yet seen a phone reset when these 3 tools are disabled and LightWav is enabled.
    I thought this subject died last night in the hard drive crash. You can't be kidding me that it's back. I offered to help this guy and he still didn't get it and he's a Dr.?
    Quote Originally Posted by Domingo
    Here's the post below, just to be accurate.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I have missed calls all week because of this problem! I thought it was just me.

This part from smiley88:

we are sorry that if you have problems with the midi ringtones. the midi features was added in 3.0 because some users have requested. we were intended to release but did it anyways. in the meantime please use wav/mp3 until the we find the source of the problem.

if you have purchased lwav and want to beta the latest please send email to support@toysoft.ca
    My response to this was targeted at the vibrate setting magically being deselected not the use of MIDI ringtones. The other poster was reporting the same issue in addition to MIDI issues. Somehow my vibrate settings got turned off without my knowledge and I missed many calls when I had the ringer switch on top of the Treo set for silent mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd
    could someone do a FAQ for lightwav for those of us that are not very computer literate? A simple step-by-step on how to get mp3, and midi into the treo and working. It would be very much appreciated by many. Thanks for trying to help! (I have tried using the manual unsuccessfully
    Setting up a ringtone is easy. here is how to setup a default ringtone.

1. launch lwav
    2. tap on Menu key on the keyboard
    3. select General prefs
    4. check "enable lightwav" checkbox
    5. if you have ptunes installed then check "always use ptunes" checkbox
    6. tap OK to save
    7. tap on Treo tab button
    8. tap on Ringtones item in the Events column
    9. select Change Sound
    10. select the sound you want as the "default" ringtone
    11. call your treo

for Contact ringtones tap on the Contacts button and do steps 9 and 10 for the contact then tap OK to save the Contacts.

to disable the MIDI ringtone to this

1. launch Phone app
    2. tap on menu key
    3. select Options->Sound Prefs from menu
    4. tap on Tones button
    5. set unknown and known callers to "silent" as the ringtone
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    My response to this was targeted at the vibrate setting magically being deselected not the use of MIDI ringtones. The other poster was reporting the same issue in addition to MIDI issues. Somehow my vibrate settings got turned off without my knowledge and I missed many calls when I had the ringer switch on top of the Treo set for silent mode.
    by switching to silent Mode on the top of the treo does not affect lightwav. Lightwav doesnt change your sound prefs.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I have also been having phone reset problems but all of the problems so far have been tracked to 3 utilities: Profeo Light, Beta BrightCam and/or Beta FastForward. The developers of BrightCam and FastForward have put together fixes and Profeo Light is being worked on. I have not yet seen a phone reset when these 3 tools are disabled and LightWav is enabled.
    i don't have any of those apps you mentioned. i did find however that my treo resets once in a while with lightwav enabled and saw it reset when i made that phonecall to my treo. since then, no resets or unexpected behaviour.

lightwav is a fun app but again, as i mentioned, it's not worth the risk to missing calls just so that i can have a cool ringtone.
    lightwav is a fun app but again, as i mentioned, it's not worth the risk to missing calls just so that i can have a cool ringtone.
    Yes, I have found LightWav to be fairly buggy. I wish it weren't that way, it's a great app. I still don't understand why in order to get an email to play a sound (using default email app) you apply a sound to "repeat" and not the email app. Smiley refuses to acknowledge or address this issue (which just makes LightWav that less of a great app)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast