Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    yea
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd
    To Smiley 88 - your steps worked perfectly! Thank you! How do I turn off the treo's standard tones; they are playing over top the mp3?
    go to the Sound Preferences in your Phone Application and choose SILENT ringtone.
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    is smiley88 the developer of lightwav?

Smiley88 IS ToySoft, and works alone to bring you products like LightWav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    Smiley88 IS ToySoft, and works alone to bring you products like LightWav.
    He's also the one that avoids questions.
    i uninstalled lightwav smiley88. it's a fun app and i endorsed it to people but my biggest concern is the treo reseting when it gets a call! i don't miss any more calls now and i am very happy the only app that causes the occassional reset now is MMplayer but at least it doesn't happen when a call comes in.

I know how difficult it is to make an application. I have been a programmer myself and am a creative designer now and it's never easy to make EVERYONE happy. Take up on the suggestions - find another developer to help you and perfect your product. Or if you have the time, go nuts and finish the product you started. It just seems a little too buggy for users right now though. All the best.
  6.    #46  
    Now I am really confused!

I paid for this program and it sounds like it is a problem!
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd
    Now I am really confused!

I paid for this program and it sounds like it is a problem!

I also recently bought this product and I have also been promoting it to others. My hopes are that Smiley will put in the effort to make sure the product is worthy of the $'s he has gotten from people. I personally have not had many issues but it does sound like I am in the minority. I definitely would appreciate a re-working of the applicaiton performance! I also am a programmer and I can tell from the behavior of the application that Smiley is probably doing sequential scans of the address book. It would be far better to implement a hash table for searching. That in and of itself would increase performance by orders of magnitude on mid to large side contact databases.

I would appreciate knowing if Smiley plans to address people's issues. If he is not, then I for one would appreciate a refund of my $17 so I can move over to another product. Products that deal with the PHONE part of this device are mission critical to me!

CallFilter is catching up with LightWav and Smiley will start loosing people if he doesn't start doing some better customer support. I also think people need to start interacting a little more professionally with in this thread. I've seem some fairly inappropriate posts lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    CallFilter is catching up with LightWav and Smiley will start loosing people if he doesn't start doing some better customer support. I also think people need to start interacting a little more professionally with in this thread. I've seem some fairly inappropriate posts lately.
    I'm sure that not everybody could be appropriate in your eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by coryburton
    I'm sure that not everybody could be appropriate in your eyes.
    Funny that the first one to respond is the worst offender. You have absolutely no basis for making the above statement. You don't know anything about me. I simply call them as I see them. So lighten up.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Funny that the first one to respond is the worst offender. You have absolutely no basis for making the above statement. You don't know anything about me. I simply call them as I see them. So lighten up.
    I was only responding to your statement. YOU don't know anything about ME. From the looks of it, you need to lighten up.
    If you do delete lightwav, it leaves behind a database file that can't be deleted for some reason. I can only see it with fileZ, I've tryed to delete it in FileZ but get an error. Something like 539 I think.
    what is the name of the file domingo. yet another lightwav problem i see :P
    rcyphermd: note if your treo soft resets a lot, it probably is lightwav reseting your phone on incoming calls. that's from my experience. missing calls on a smartphone is ridiculous considering the amount of money i spent on it. lightwav would reduce the functionality of your $600 smartphone to a $10 pager where callers would end up reaching my voicemail box.
    Amazing thing, I just got a replacement Treo (the internal speaker dropped dead), and I haven't had a single reset in the entire week. I have the exact same apps now that I had on the old unit that reset regularly; you want to blame LW, do a selective restore with 2 days in between adding apps and see if that's really what's causing your problems. I think not.
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    what is the name of the file domingo. yet another lightwav problem i see :P
    rcyphermd: note if your treo soft resets a lot, it probably is lightwav reseting your phone on incoming calls. that's from my experience. missing calls on a smartphone is ridiculous considering the amount of money i spent on it. lightwav would reduce the functionality of your $600 smartphone to a $10 pager where callers would end up reaching my voicemail box.

LightWav_Lwav_app

This would explain why when I deleted lightwav once before and re-installed it, it kept my settings even though I had deleted everything that said lightwav, I thought. That being one file with the treo delete option.
    Amazing thing, I just got a replacement Treo (the internal speaker dropped dead), and I haven't had a single reset in the entire week. I have the exact same apps now that I had on the old unit that reset regularly; you want to blame LW, do a selective restore with 2 days in between adding apps and see if that's really what's causing your problems. I think not.
    Do you have any idea how rediculous you're starting to sound? In this thread and other threads you just blindly defend this guy and this app regardless of what anyone writes. ARE WE ALL WRONG? How about smiley debbuging and not everyone that HE HAS TAKEN MONEY FROM? Our job is to pay and his is to provide the product that does what he claims. NOT DEBBUG FOR HIM. Its getting to the point where one has to wonder what your actual relationship is or if you're the same guy.

So you had a unit that reset regularly, you've been involved in a bunch of threads where lightwav is complained about, all you have to add to the threads is how great lightwav is, you have resets all the time like the rest of us yet you didn't mention it or even have any second thoughts about it being lightwav right? Sorry, but if I didn't think you were lieing then, I think you're lieing now. One or the other. Or the thing will still be reseting and you STILL won't relate it to lightwav for whatever reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Domingo
    Its getting to the point where one has to wonder what your actual relationship is or if you're the same guy.
    Unfortunately Alli, I have to agree. You've always come to a quick (and sometimes too quick) defense of ToySoft. I don't understand it and I really don't want to understand it (or care) what the reason is. But ToySoft/LightWav does have some issues, you (we) can not ignore that.
    How do u use soundrec to lightwav without an sd card
    how do u use soundrec to your lightwav
    it is lightwav. trust me. i am not a n00b with electronics, programming or debugging. let's keep it simple - i saw the phone reset when i called myself from a landline. ever since i dumped lightwav, i have had no resets. hmmm

with lightwav:
    TONNES of resets and saw my phone reset on an incoming call.
    without lightwav:
    NO resets over the period of time and all calls received.

Yah, it's not lightwav. must be Agendus.

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Domingo
    LightWav_Lwav_app

This would explain why when I deleted lightwav once before and re-installed it, it kept my settings even though I had deleted everything that said lightwav, I thought. That being one file with the treo delete option.
    how do we delete this? Smiley? any help here?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast